The SDRF full form is the State Disaster Response Fund. SDRF is available with the Indian state government to grant in response to disasters. Some of the disasters covered under SDRF include drought, earthquake, fire, flood, tsunami, hailstorm, cloudburst, pest attack, frost, landslides, and cold waves.
The Central Government decides the amount for the SDRF as per the recommendation of the 13th Finance Commission. The Central Government disburses the SDRF to the State Government in two instalments. That is in June and December. The state government can use the funds to respond to the mentioned disasters. Keep reading to know more about the SDRF full form.
How is SDRF funded?
The SDRF full form is the State Disaster Response Fund. The Central government funds the SDRF to the state government. The government contributes 75% to the general category states, 90% to the special category states, and the Union Territory.
The state government disburses the amount annually in two instalments. Moreover, the state government contributes the remaining amount. The state government will make suitable budget provisions on the expenditure side of the budget for the total transfer of the amount. The state government can disburse the SDRF to deal with the disasters in the state. The Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG) annually audits the SDRF.
Disasters Covered Under SDRF
TheSDRF covers the following disasters:
- Cloud Burst
- Pest attack
- Cold wave
Other Full Forms of SDRF
Below are the Other full forms of SDRF that are commonly used:
- State Disaster Response Force
- Software Defined Radio Forum (Softwares)
- Sustainable Development Research Foundation (Regional Organizations)
- San Diego Renaissance Faire (Conferences & Events)
- Somali Development And Reconstruction Facility (Regional Organizations)
- Social Development And Research Foundation (Regional Organizations)
- Site Derived Renewable Fraction (Architecture & Constructions)
- State Disaster Relief Force (Departments & Agencies)
- Sample and Data Relationship Format (Software)
- Software Development Research Foundation (Software)
The SDRF full form is the State Disaster Response Fund. It is the amount allocated to the state government to deal with natural disasters. The SDRF is used by the state government to deal with the disasters that occur within the state. The central government and the state government contribute to the SDRF. However, it’s the central government that disburses the maximum amount of funds to the state government. An example when SDRF can be used is a landslide.