The University of Buckingham is a public research university located in Edgbaston, Buckingham, United Kingdom. The university was established in 1825 as the Buckingham School of Medicine and Surgery. It is a founding member of the Russell Group of British Research Universities and Universities 21, the international network of Research Universities. Students mostly look for admission in Law at University of Buckingham. The Law Course of this university comes under the popular courses offered here. We bring you a blog with detailed information about pursuing a University of Buckingham law course!
This Blog Includes:
- Top Reasons to Study at University of Buckingham
- University of Buckingham – Rankings
- University of Buckingham Law Course Overview
- University of Buckingham Law Course Details
- University of Buckingham Law Course Subjects
- University of Buckingham Law Course Options
- University of Buckingham Law Course Eligibility
- Admission Deadline
- University of Buckingham Law Course Documents Required
- University of Buckingham Law Course Fees
- Application Process at University of Buckingham
- Documents Required at University of Buckingham
- Living Costs
- Scholarships at University of Buckingham
- Placements at University of Buckingham
- Average Salary at University of Buckingham
- Recruiting Companies
|Type of university
|Number of campuses
|September and January
|Percentage of International Students
|Graduate Job Rate
|Mode of Programme
|Full time and online
|Average Graduate Salary
|GBP 35-37,000 (INR 35-37 Lakh)
|+44 (0)1280 email@example.com
Top Reasons to Study at University of Buckingham
- The University of Buckingham is consistently ranked within the top 100 by the QS World Rankings 2022, and among students and staff there are 11 Nobel Prize winners to date.
- The university’s 250-acre campus, listed in the top ten most beautiful universities in the UK by The Telegraph, offers a safe, friendly environment with outstanding facilities including cafes, restaurants, a sports centre, 3 banks, 10 different libraries such as – Fine Arts , Lapworth Museum of Geosciences and Winterburn Botanic Gardens.
- It is one of the founding members of the world-renowned Russell Group of UK’s leading research-led universities. It is one of the largest universities in the UK with 34,000 international students, from over 150 countries as part of a population of 6,800 students.
University of Buckingham – Rankings
|THE World University Rankings 2022
|US News and World Report Best Global Universities 2022
|Complete University Guide University League Table 2022
|Guardian Top UK Universities 2022 rankings
University of Buckingham Law Course Overview
- The concentrated placement form of our LLB prepares you for careers in Law, Administration, Public Service, Industry and Commerce. It also satisfies the first step required to qualify as a barrister in several common law jurisdictions including Canada, Nigeria, the Bahamas and Bermuda.
- For those wishing to qualify as Solicitors in the UK, our LLB (Single or Combined Honours) offers you comprehensive preparation for the Solicitors Qualifying Examination 1 (SQE1), allowing you to choose the accelerated SQE1 preparation courses upon completion.
- Our innovative and diverse curriculum also helps prepare for the practice-oriented SQE2, with both the SQE1 and SQE2 required to qualify as a lawyer.
- For UK and international students wishing to qualify as an English barrister, our LLB (Single or Combined Honours) meets the academic component of barrister training, the first step required to qualify as an English barrister.
- Buckingham Law School also offers a wide range of extracurricular opportunities to develop your professional skills and experience in legal practice. These opportunities include the opportunity to complete a year placement in a professional organisation between the first and second years of your LLB.
- We often take into account the specific requirements needed to practice in various common law jurisdictions alongside the UK.
- Our LLB graduates who earn a second degree with honours or higher are guaranteed a place in our LLM program in International and Business Law. This opportunity greatly expands subject matter knowledge and enables our students to earn two degrees in three years.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
University of Buckingham Law Course Details
The unique structure of the Buckingham’s Law Degree (LLB) with four full teaching semesters per calendar year allows you to graduate after two years of study (eight or nine semesters starting in September).
The assessment of each module within each course varies by subject. Assessment is usually through an exam, graded coursework, or a combination of both.
University of Buckingham Law Course Subjects
- Constitutional and Administrative Law
- European Union Law 1
- Introduction to Legal Studies
- Law of Torts
- Criminal Law
- European Union Law 2
- Law of Contract
- Legal Skills and Procedure
- Land Law
- Law of Trusts
- Commercial Law
- Company Law
- Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Employment Law
- Family Law
- Intellectual Property Law
- International Human Rights – Contemporary Law and Practice
- International Law
- Law of Evidence
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Sex and Gender in the Legal Process
Note – these are few of the subjects studied in the University of Buckingham Law course.
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
University of Buckingham Law Course Options
|BSc Economics, Business and Law
|LLB Law and Criminology
|LLB Law with Business Management
|LLB Law with Integrated Foundation
|LLB Law Part-time
|LLM International and Commercial Law
|9 or 12 months
|Postgraduate Certificate in Law Enforcement, Security and Intelligence (by distance learning)
|Postgraduate Diploma in International and Commercial Law
|LLM Law by Research
|1 or 2 years
|3 years or 72 months
University of Buckingham Law Course Eligibility
- The standard entry requirements for law are A Level – BBB-BBC, IB -31-32 or equivalent alternative qualifications. Applications to Buckingham are individually reviewed by the Admissions Tutor and other factors may be considered.
- Applicants with BTEC qualifications are welcome to apply even if you have a mix of BTEC and A Levels. Equivalent A Level qualifications (e.g. ABD equivalent to BBC) are also accepted. If an applicant takes the EPQ in conjunction with A Levels, the EPQ will be considered and result in a slightly lower A Level degree being offered.
Indian Students Eligibility
- Higher Secondary Certificate or Standard 12 (awarded after completing class 12) with four subjects at 50%.
- In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
All applicants must meet the established deadlines. Applicants should also keep an eye on the status of their application. Because undergraduate applicants can apply through UCAS or the online college application, admission deadlines vary.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
University of Buckingham Law Course Documents Required
- Completed Application Form
- Official transcripts of high school or college
- English proficiency test scores
- Letters of Reference (one for UG; two for PG)
- Personal Statement
- Details of your work experience
- Copy of passport
- Informal Interview (if required)
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
University of Buckingham Law Course Fees
Below outlined table depicts the law course fees for international students planning to study at University of Buckingham Law course –
|INT 1st Year (in GBP)
|Sept 2022 Full-Time (2 years and 1 term)
|17,984 (INR 17 Lakhs)
|Jan 2023Full-Time (2 years)
|20,232 (INR 19 Lakhs)
|Sept 2023Full-Time (2 years)
|18,208 (INR 17 Lakhs)
|Jan 2024Full-Time (2 years)
|20,484 (INR 19 Lakhs)
Application Process at University of Buckingham
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Documents Required at University of Buckingham
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
|Cost Per Year
|Accomodation (including utilities)
|£5,000 – £7,500
|Entertainment, bar, etc
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
Scholarships at University of Buckingham
|International Students Eligible
|Narotam Sekhsaria’s Scholarships
|£19,812 (INR 20 Lakhs)
|Hani Zeini Scholarship
|£749 (INR 75.53 K)
|£11,957 (INR 12.07 Lakhs)
|£7,4754 (INR 75.46 Lakhs)
|Global Study Awards
|£9,569 (INR 9.66 Lakhs)
|INR 1 Lakh
|QS Undergraduate Scholarship
|£7,479 (INR 7.55 Lakhs)
Placements at University of Buckingham
- Every year, the University of Buckingham welcomes more than 30,000 students from around 150 countries around the world. The university strives to promote a rich cultural diversity by admitting students from all over the world.
- The institute provides career support to all the graduates. Graduates can access a full range of career support from the Career Network for up to two years after graduation.
- The university also ensures that graduates are placed in the fields of their choice. The University of Buckingham encourages cultural diversity by offering courses to students from around the world. The university also has partnerships with several institutions and organisations.
- Career advice, resume support, interview support, and every other service necessary for a successful career is available to all students.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
Average Salary at University of Buckingham
According to Payscale, the average annual salary of University of Buckingham graduates is GBP 35-37,000 (INR 35-37 Lakh).
University of Buckingham is among the top 100 universities. It is the first Russell Group and one of the global top 100 universities to set up a campus in Dubai. It is home to one of the UK’s largest international student communities, with over 10,000 students from 150 countries.
The University of Buckingham is a prestigious, world-leading educational institution that provides exceptionally high standards of education. It is renowned for producing highly employable and successful graduates.
Students are absolutely safe at the University of Buckingham. It is impossible for any kind of crime to happen there, because the arrangement there is such that children feel safe.
This was about a Law course at University of Buckingham. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!