The practice of producing aquatic species like fish, crustaceans, molluscs, and aquatic plants is referred to as aquaculture or aqua farming. It covers the study of fish illnesses, endocrinology, immunology, and aquatic toxicology. If you are someone who wants to dig deep into fish farming, then MSc Aquaculture or Master of Science in Aquaculture is the right course for you! This course lasts two years and is divided into four semesters. It is offered part-time by various institutes. It is a career-oriented course and opens up a variety of job prospects. We are covering all about MSc Aquaculture in this blog, keep reading!
|Program Full Name||Master of Science In Aquaculture|
|Duration of the Program||2 Years|
|Eligibility||B.Sc. In the Relevant Subject|
|Admission Process||Entrance Exam and Merit Based|
|Average Program Fee||Upto Rs. 1 Lakh|
This Blog Includes:
MSc Aquaculture Eligibility
A pass degree in Bachelor’s with Fisheries / Zoology / Fishery Science / Industrial Fish and Fisheries / Aquaculture as one of the courses from a recognized institution or university is the basic qualifying condition for enrolling in the MSc Aquaculture programme. For admission to this Master’s degree programme, several schools and universities hold an entrance examination.
MSc Aquaculture Course Suitability
- Those who are more interested in water life and want to research living organisms in water should pursue a Master of Science in aquaculture.
- Those with a strong foundation in the discipline’s fundamental ideas and a deep interest in underwater ecosystems and varied water bodies, as well as a strong skill of observation, good colour vision, patience, good physical health, perseverance, and interest, are good candidates.
- It requires good verbal/written communication skills, computer literacy, and a basic understanding of statistics.
- Applicants should also have talents such as a practical attitude to work, a love of science and good observational skills, and a desire to work outside and be physically active.
College providing MSc Aquaculture course in India
Some of the Colleges providing the MSc Aquaculture course in India are:
- Acharya Nagarjuna University, Andhra Pradesh
- Adikavi Nannaya University, Andhra Pradesh
- College of Science and Technology, Andhra Pradesh
- Government Arts College for Men, Tamil Nadu
- Patna University, Patna, Bihar
- Sacred Heart College, Kochi, Kerala
- Sri Venkateswara University, Tirupati, Andhra Pradesh
- Vidyasagar University, West Bengal
Worried about your expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you!
MSc Aquaculture Syllabus
The syllabus of Science as prescribed by various Universities and Colleges is shown in the table:
|Paper Code||Subjects of Study|
|1||Biology of invertebrates|
|7||Principles of Aquaculture|
How to apply for MSc Aquaculture?
The application form, as well as the institute’s prospectus, can be purchased from the particular college or institute. The application form must be filled out completely, and it must be accompanied by Xerox copies of the applicant’s date of birth certificate or SSC certificate, as well as a statement of the qualifying exam’s results. The application form, along with any attachments, should be submitted to the college or institute’s office on or before the deadline.
Documents Required For Admissions
The following are some of the documents required for MSc Aquaculture admission:
- Certificate and mark sheet from the HSC.
- +2 Mark sheet and certificate
- Graduation All certificates and grade sheets are included.
- Leaving Certificate from College
- If a student is transferring from another university, they will need a migration certificate.
- Certificate of Probation
- Recent passport-size colour pictures that have been duly authenticated by a Gazetted Officer are required (5 copies).
- Certificate of Caste/Tribe (for SC/ST candidates)/Physically Handicapped
NOTE: Admitted students must bring all original documentation to the Institute Campus with them. Students who fail to submit all original documents when requested may be denied admission or instructed to leave the university.
MSc Aquaculture Job Types
- Farm Supervisor
- Farm Worker
- Fishery Officer
- Fishing Skipper
- Marine Biologist
- Marine Engineer
- Onshore Seafood Processor
- Seafood Factory Supervisor
- Seafood Processor
- Seafood Supervisor
Yes, you can go ahead and do so, but you should check with the concerned department of that University or college about the main subject matter before doing so.
Students with an aquaculture degree can pursue careers in pharmaceutical development, scientific research, food safety, or the sustainable production and preservation of marine life. Graduates work for the government or the corporate sector, in fisheries or research labs.
Aquaculture and Fisheries degrees teach students how to commercially raise aquatic plants and animals.
We hope that this blog on MSc Aquaculture by Leverage Edu helps you. If you want to continue your education abroad or if you need assistance with scholarships, you can call our specialists at 1800 572 000. We have all of the necessary services for study abroad at Leverage Edu, and our professionals can guide you through the full process of gaining admission to your preferred university.