Investment management is becoming a popular course among students. Pursuing MSc in Investment Management equips students with both theoretical knowledge and practical learning. Students will get a chance to learn many new skills including analytical skills, decision-making skills, problem-solving skills, risk management, and other technical skills which you will require to thrive in the financial industry
This Blog Includes:
Why Study a Master in Investment Management?
The following are the reasons why students prefer to pursue MSc in Investment Management:
- A master’s in investment management teaches students the systematic approach to decision-making that is an integral part of the real investment management process.
- Students will get the opportunity to learn from industry professionals and experts.
- It trains students in industry-centric skills like investment analysis.
- Pursuing your master’s in investment management will provide you with a wide range of career opportunities in the financial sector.
MSc Investment Management Syllabus
The following are the topic covered in the syllabus of MSc investment management:
- Equity Investment Analysis
- Fixed Income Investments
- Principles of Accounting
- Foundation of finance: Finance and Investment
- Corporate Finance
- Cases in International Finance
- Derivatives Securities
- International Finance
- Ethics in Finance
- International Corporate Governance
- Risk Management
- Portfolio Management
- Quantitative Methods and Economics
- Financial Reporting and Analysis
Must Read: How to Build a Career in Investment Banking?
Top Universities to Study MSc Investment Management
The following are the top universities to pursue MSc in Investment Management:
|Universities||Times Higher Education (THE) Ranking|
|Washington University in St. Louis||51|
|University of New Brunswick||601|
|University of North Carolina Wilmington||1201|
|University of Wisconsin||58|
- Loyola Institute of Business Administration
- Aligarh Muslim University
- Pondicherry University
- CMJ University
- Swami Vivekanand University
- Shri Krishna University
- William Carey University
- Himalayan University
- ICFAI University
The following are the eligibility criteria requirements to pursue MSc in Investment Marketing:
- An applicant must have completed a tier bachelor’s degree in the related finance/ accounting or quantitative/ statistical methods.
- The applicant must have graduated with an aggregate of 55% or a CGPA of 6.1/10
- Candidates can be asked to submit the scores of the English Language proficiency test. IELTS 5.6-6.0.
The following are the document required to pursue an MSc in Investment Management:
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
Must Read: Here’s a List of Important Documents Required to Study Abroad in 2023
The application process takes place over some time and begins months before the commencement of classes. The universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake for international students to kickstart their journey. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for pursuing MSc in Investment Management
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates, and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university.
Jobs Profile and Salary
There are many professional career paths that one can opt for after pursuing MSc in Investment Management:
|Job Profiles||Average Salary in INR|
|Portfolio Manager||7.0 Lacs|
|Investment Fund Manager||15.5 Lacs|
|Investment Analyst||9.56 Lacs|
|Business Analyst||7.0 Lacs|
|Financial Advisor||4.21 Lacs|
The average salary of an investment analyst in India is 9.56 Lacs.
Washington University in St. Louis, the University of New Brunswick, and Yale University are some of the top universities abroad to pursue MSc in Investment Management.
Loyola Institute of Business Administration, Aligarh Muslim University, and Pondicherry University are some of the top institutions in India to pursue an MSc in Investment Management.
Well, we hope that this blog has provided you with the relevant knowledge related to MSc in Investment Management. And if you are planning to study MSc in Investment Management or any other course in any other country, contact our study experts call us at 1800-572-000, and book your free counselling session today. You can also connect with us at the Leverage Edu website.