One of the most popular and in-demand branches of Computer Science, Cyber Security protects your data from being hacked by unauthorized forces. If you are someone who is fascinated by cyber security and just got your bachelor’s in computer science, then a master in Cyber Security is the perfect choice for you. As per the US BLS “cyber security” will be the 10th fastest-growing occupation over the next decade. No wonder why many students are now opting for a degree in Cyber Security. Australia, being a popular hub for Cyber Security services offers a wide range of Master Programs in Cyber Security. Read on to know more about Master’s in cyber security in Australia.
|Program Name||Masters in cyber security|
Bachelors in Cyber Security/Computer Science/Information Technology
|Top Universities||Deakin University
University of Newcastle
University of South Australia
|Average Tuition Fee||AU$ 29,400- AU$ 30,000 (INR 15-16 Lakh)|
|Job Opportunities||Cybersecurity analyst, Cybersecurity Architect, Cyber Security consultant, Software developer, Cybersecurity engineer, Cybersecurity specialist|
|Average Salary||AU$120,725 (INR 65 Lakh)|
This Blog Includes:
- Why Study Master’s in Cyber Security in Australia?
- Top Universities for Masters in Cyber Security
- Masters in Cyber Security in Australia Eligibility
- How to Apply for a Masters in Cyber Security?
- Cost of Studying Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
- Masters in Cybersecurity in Australia Career Scope and Salary
Why Study Master’s in Cyber Security in Australia?
Here are some of the major reasons why you should consider pursuing a Master’s in Cyber Security:
- Australia is home to some of the top universities in the world. Every year, many Australian universities are ranked among the top 100 universities in the world.
- Australia offers the best Master’s in Cyber security courses that help you stand out among other students who probably just hold a bachelor’s degree. As employers tend to prefer students with master’s degrees as it provides a higher level of qualification.
- Masters in Cyber Security in Australia generally have a duration of 1-2 years. Courses are generally based on practical knowledge, preparing students for a better future in this field.
Top Universities for Masters in Cyber Security
Listed below are the best universities in Australia offering a master’s in cybersecurity:
|Monash University||Master of Cybersecurity (MCybersec)|
|Deakin University||Master of Cyber Security|
|University of Newcastle||Master of Cyber Security|
|RMIT University||Master of Cyber Security|
|Griffith University||Master of Cyber Security|
|University of South Australia||Master of Cybersecurity|
|University of Southern Queensland||Master of Cyber Security|
Masters in Cyber Security in Australia Eligibility
To pursue a Master’s in Cyber Security in Australia, you must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- You must have passed class XII in the science stream
- A bachelor’s degree, honours or otherwise, in Cyber Security or relevant subjects such as computer science, mathematics, statistics, physics, natural science, electronic engineering, general engineering, operations research, etc. Minimum GPA will vary for different universities
- You must provide English language proficiency tests like IELTS/ TOEFL/ PTE and clear the minimum score requirement specified by the respective university
English Language Requirements
The English Language requirements will vary for different universities in Australia. But here are the minimum requirements for each of the English Proficiency Tests:
|Test Name||Minimum Score Requirements|
|IELTS||6.5 or above|
|PTE||58 and above|
|TOEFL iBT||79 and above|
Join Leverage Live to score High in English Language Tests such as IELTS TOEFL PTE
How to Apply for a Masters in Cyber Security?
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite cyber security universities in Australia and select your master’s in cybersecurity through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, PTE etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter.
- Get your visa approved and fly to your dream university in Australia!
Here is a quick checklist of all the important documents required while applying for admission:
- Official academic Transcripts
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of Evidence of Financial Support
Cost of Studying Masters in Cyber Security in Australia
The cost of studying will vary for different universities but here we’ve mentioned the tuition fees for some of the Australian universities offering a Masters in Cyber Security:
|Universities||Tuition Fees per annum|
|Deakin University||AU$ 29,400 (INR 15 Lakh)|
|RMIT University||AU$ 38,400 (INR 20 Lakh)|
|Monash University||AU$ 36,700 (INR 19 Lakh)|
Masters in Cybersecurity in Australia Career Scope and Salary
With technological advancements being done nowadays, potential threats lurk behind every computing device. This is the reason behind the non-stop unethical hacking practices in the world, the employment of cybersecurity professionals is increasing.
The job roles available for students with a graduate degree- Master’s in Cybersecurity in Australia are as listed below:
- Chief information security officer (CISO)
- Computer information systems manager
- Computer network architect
- Cybercrime analyst/investigator
- Cyber security analyst/consultant
- Cyber security architect
- Cyber security director
- Cyber security engineer
- Cyber security manager/administrator
- Cyber security specialist/technician
- Incident analyst/responder
- Information security analyst
- IT auditor
- Penetration and vulnerability tester
- Software Developer
The salary for a graduate in Cyber Security will vary for different positions. The average cyber security salary in Australia is AU$120,725 (INR 65 Lakh) per year. While entry-level positions start at AU$100,004 (INR 54 Lakh) per year.
Ans. Masters in Cybersecurity at the University of Southern Queensland is offered in a full-time mode for 2 years.
Ans. The application fee at Deakin University is AU$55 (INR 2-3K).
The duration of the program is 1.5-2 years at Monash University.
This was all you needed to know about the Master’s in cybersecurity in Australia. If you’re planning to pursue a Master’s degree in Cybersecurity in Australia then feel free to contact our experts at Leverage Edu, they’ll provide you with a free counselling session and guidance.