When we talk about the top universities to study in Australia, we cannot miss out on ‘Australian National University’. It is a national research university located in Canberra. Furthermore, it has been ranked #1 university in Australia and #22 worldwide by the QS World University Ranking 2016-17.
Moreover, with a list of alumni including Cheong Choong Kong, Chairman, Overseas-Chinese Banking Corporation; John Bryant, CEO of Kellogg Company; former CEO of Singapore Airlines, Stephen Gageler, and people like Kevin Rudd and Bob Hawke- former Prime Ministers of Australia, this university has been able to produce more than 12 current heads of Australian Public Service departments and 30 current Australian Ambassadors.
Therefore, let’s know more about what all this esteemed varsity has to offer:
Programs at ANU
- ANU houses 8 different colleges which have specialized courses for students with different fields of interests. These include:
1. ANU College of Arts & Social Sciences
2. ANU College of Asia & the Pacific
3. ANU College of Business & Economics
4. ANU College of Engineering & Computer Science
5. ANU College of Health & Medicine
6. ANU College of Law
7. ANU College of of Science
8. ANU College of Indigenous Studies
- At ANU, every program offered across these colleges is research-intensive with priorities addressing the challenges being faced by the world today.
- Also, students who come to study in Australia at ANU, can choose from a gamut of degree structures and disciplines with single, double and research undergraduate and postgraduate programs.
- ANU offers spectacular conditions like professional development opportunities, flexible working arrangements, competitive pay and generous superannuation- all within an engaged and integrated on-campus community.
- ANU enrolls around 10,050 undergraduate and 10,830 postgraduate students and employs a little over 3,750 staff members.
- Also, the university boasts of having around 35% international students on its campus.
- The student ratio of Females to Males is 52:48
- Per each staff member, there are only 19.3 students in the university, which is a great indicator.
- The main ANU campus is spread across parklands in the center Canberra covering 145 hectares.
- More than 5,000 students live on campus, receiving full academic, pastoral and social support to enhance their success.
- Also, facilities on-campus include accommodation in a range of residential complexes, lecture theatres, modern laboratories and five main libraries.
- With more than 10,000 trees on campus, ANU received an International Sustainable Campus Network Award in 2009.
- Consequently, the campus was also ranked #2 among the greenest campuses of Australia in 2011.
- The on-campus library has over 2.5 million physical volumes. It is accessible 24 hours a day by the university students and staff.
So, now you’re familiar with what the university offers, the student life on-campus, and how you’ll undergo the learning process once in ANU. You have made up your mind to get into this top university of Australia, but do not know where to start with? Well, we at Leverage have answers to all of your possible queries whether it’s the application process, or the preparation period to get into this university. Hence, contact us and let us start right away!