Master of Data Science is a 1-2 year postgraduate course that prepares a student to operate independently as a data scientist within any application domain. With data science being a relatively new and in-demand subject, Australia is the perfect place to grow your career as a data scientist.
This Blog Includes:
- About Master of Data Science in Australia
- Top Universities Offering Master of Data Science in Australia
- Cost of Studying and Duration of Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
- Scholarships for Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
- Admission Process
- Documents Required
- Student Visa for Australia
- Scope of Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
About Master of Data Science in Australia
- Master of Data Science teaches you everything from statistics, computer sciences, programming languages, practical machine learning, information computing, information technology to data management, analysis, and modelling.
- The course prepares students for potential careers as a data analyst, data scientist, data engineer, software analyst, business data analyst, information technologist, statistician to name a few.
- Most universities in Australia have two semesters a year, with the exception of a few which have three trimesters.
- Almost all universities offer this course both on-campus and online. Full-time courses could extend from 1 year up to 2 years and part-time courses could extend up to 4 years depending upon the university.
- Jobs in data science are increasing day by day and after completing a masters, you can earn a salary of up to $200,000 a year in Australia.
Register Here and Book the Date for Uplifting your Career!!
Top Universities Offering Master of Data Science in Australia
Following is the list of top universities in Australia offering master of data science degrees:
|University||QS World Ranking 2022||Location|
|The Australian National University||33||Canberra|
|University of Sydney||40||Sydney|
|University of Melbourne||41||Melbourne|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||44||Kensington, Sydney|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||46||Brisbane|
|University of Western Australia (UWA)||92||Perth|
|University of Adelaide||106||Adelaide|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||133||Sydney|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON)||197||Callaghan|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||217||Brisbane|
|University of Southern Australia (UniSA)||295||Magill|
|Swinburne University of Technology||372||Melbourne|
|La Trobe University||398||Melbourne|
|University of Canberra||456||Canberra|
|James Cook University (JCU)||462||Townsville|
|Western Sydney University||474||Milperra|
|Edith Cowan University (ECU)||651-700||Joondalup|
|Charles Darwin University||701-750||Darwin|
|University of Southern Queensland||701-750||Toowoomba|
|University of New England Australia||801-1000||Armidale|
Cost of Studying and Duration of Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
Mentioned below is the cost of studying for a master of Data Science in Australia with duration:
|The Australian National University||$47,490 per year(INR 35.6 Lakhs)||1.5|
|University of Sydney||$49,000 per year (INR 36.7 Lakhs)||1|
|University of Melbourne||$33119 per year(INR 24.8 Lakhs)||2|
|University of New South Wales (UNSW)||$34,140 per year(INR 25.6 Lakhs)||1.7|
|University of Queensland (UQ)||$32845 per year(INR 24.6 Lakhs)||1.5-2|
|Monash University||$31982 per year(INR 24 Lakhs)||1.5-2|
|University of Western Australia (UWA)||$81,400 per year(INR 61.9 Lakhs)||1.5-2|
|University of Adelaide||$46,000 per year(INR 34.5 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Technology Sydney (UTS)||$85920 for the entire course(INR 64.4 Lakhs)||2|
|The University of Newcastle, Australia (UON) (ONLINE)||$27419 per year(INR 20.5 Lakhs)||1.5|
|Macquarie University||$20799 per year(INR 15.6 Lakhs)||2|
|Queensland University of Technology (QUT)||$25700 per year (INR 19.2 Lakhs)||2|
|RMIT University||$24536 per year(INR 18.4 Lakhs)||2|
|Deakin University||$28,600 per year(INR 21.4 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Southern Australia (UniSA)||$24788 per year(INR 18.6 Lakhs)||2|
|Swinburne University of Technology||$29,300 per year(INR 21 Lakhs)||2|
|La Trobe University||$26212 per year(INR 19 Lakhs)||2|
|Flinders University||$35,500 per year(INR 26.6 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Canberra||$34,100 per year(INR 25.5 Lakhs)||2|
|James Cook University (JCU) (ONLINE)||$41160 (entire course)(INR 30.8 Lakhs)||2|
|Western Sydney University||$33,280 per year(INR 24.9 Lakhs)||2|
|Edith Cowan University (ECU)||$19089 per year(INR 14.3 Lakhs)||2|
|Charles Darwin University||$29,616 per year(INR 22 Lakhs)||2|
|University of Southern Queensland||$16696 per year(INR 12.5 Lakhs)||2|
|University of New England Australia||$31,600 per year(INR 23.7 Lakhs)||2|
Scholarships for Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
Following are the scholarships for studying for a master of Data Science in Australia:
|Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions||University of Melbourne|
|ANU Chancellor’s International Scholarship||Australian National University|
|UNSW Scholarships for International Students Commencing Term 1, 2022||University of New South Wales|
|Aquatec Maxcon Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|International High Achievers Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|International Onshore Merit Scholarship||University of Queensland (UQ)|
|International Merit Scholarship||Queensland University of Technology (QUT)|
|Deakin Sanctuary Scholarships||Deakin University|
|Deakin Vice-Chancellor’s International Scholarship||Deakin University|
Universities in Australia offer Master of Data Science programs majorly during the February Intake or July intake.
|February(Late Feb/ early March to late May/ early June)||October-November|
|(July IntakeLate July/ early August to November)||February-March|
- A Bachelor’s degree with honours or equivalent with minimum GPA specified by the university.
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with a minimum GPA specified by the university
- English Language Proficiency (IELTS/ TOEFL/PTE). Minimum scores specified by the university.
- A background in computer science or statistics or mathematics.
- Completely filled application form
- A bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Copy of IELTS/TOEFL/PTE test scores
- Self-attested X & XII marksheet and certificates
- Passport/Identification Card
- Letter of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- Proof of funds
Student Visa for Australia
Getting a student visa for Australia is comparatively easier than in other countries and it falls under the Subclass 500. You will become eligible for a study visa once you are enrolled in a full-time study course. The maximum validity is 5 years. The requirements include:
- Proof of identity
- English language proficiency scores
- Proof of enrollment in an academic institution in Australia (Electronic Confirmation of Enrolment (eCoE) certificate)
- Genuine Temporary Entrant (GTE) statement (proof of your intention to come to Australia only to study and not to settle down here)
- Certified documents of academic results
- Recent passport size photographs
- Proof of funds
- Australian approved health insurance
- Criminal records, if any.
- Visa fee payment
- Additional requirements by the university
Once you’ve completed your masters, you may be eligible for the Post-Study Work stream of the Temporary Graduate (subclass 485) visa.
Scope of Studying Master of Data Science in Australia
After completing your master of data science you become eligible to follow the below-mentioned careers paths.
- Data scientist
- Data engineer
- Data analyst
- Business analyst
- Software developer
- Systems analyst
- Data warehouse operator and manager
- Computer network analyst
- Computer scientist
- Information and Communications Technologist
- Information Technologist
We hope this blog has provided you with all the details about Master of Data Science in Australia. Planning to pursue this course in any one of the universities? Make this dream come true with the help of experts at Leverage Edu. Register today for the e-counselling session and get ready to explore the vibrant streets of Australia!