Evolving as a vital link between businesses and technology, Big Data Hadoop Architects are among the professionals who are in great demand. With the progression in computer technology and massive growth in businesses, the importance of data has increased at an unprecedented level. This in turn has made the role of a Data Analyst paramount. Hadoop Architects are responsible for planning and designing advanced big-data systems and handling large scale development of Hadoop applications. Those who want to build a career as a Hadoop Architect can do so by taking up courses in Information Technology or Computer Science.
This Blog Includes:
- Who is a Hadoop Architect?
- Choosing Education
- Eligibility Criteria
- Hadoop Architecture Courses
- Career Prospects
- Salary Structure
- Skills Required to Become a Data Architect
- Responsibilities of a Hadoop Architect
- Practices to Follow to Become a Hadoop Architect
- Additional Hard Skills Needed to Become a Hadoop Architect
- Best Books for a Hadoop Architect
- Scope of Hadoop Architect in India
Who is a Hadoop Architect?
Hadoop, which is written in Java, is an open-source framework from Apache which is used to store, process, and analyze high volume data. Used for offline processing, it has wider applications as it is used by Tech giants like Facebook, Yahoo, Google, Twitter, LinkedIn, and many more. A Hadoop cluster consists of a server and an array of nodes. It offers a flexible, scalable, and reliable distributed computing big data network to process an enormous volume of data with storage capacity and local computing power by using commodity hardware.
The important components of Hadoop Architecture
- Hadoop Distributed File System (HDFS) – Patterned after the UNIX file system
- Hadoop MapReduce
- Yet Another Resource Negotiator (YARN)
A highly demanding field, Hadoop Architecture has widespread applications. If you are keen to know about the educational requirements to become a Hadoop Architect then you must know that by pursuing courses in Data Analytics and Data Science you can start a career in the field. The courses can be studied as sub-field of Computer Science or as a separate specialization at the masters level. Moreover, the courses pursued at the postgraduate level span over 1-2 years.
To be able to study the subject in the top universities abroad, you need to meet the required eligibility criteria which demand you to have a bachelor’s degree or equivalent in the relevant field. Besides, a valid GRE score is needed to prove your aptitude for the postgraduate program and you need to take up English language proficiency tests like IELTS, TOEFL, or PTE. Apart from this, you will also be required to submit an SOP, LORs, transcripts, along with other essential documents while applying at universities abroad.
Hadoop Architecture Courses
There are scores of universities that are known for offering intensive courses in the domain of Data Science. The coursework is designed to train you for the fast-changing industry with a core focus on the practical applications of the subject. Providing you with the best learning experience, some of the best courses which can help you become a Hadoop Architect have been tabulated below:
|Aalborg University||Denmark||Master’s in Data Engineering||2 Years|
|Aalto University||Finland||Master’s Programme in Computer, Communication and Information Sciences||2 Years|
|Barcelona Graduate School of Economics||Spain||Master in Data Science||9 Months|
|Bournemouth University||UK||Applied Data Analytics MSc||1 Year|
|City University London||UK||MSc Data Science||1 Year|
|Dublin City University||Ireland||MSc in Computing||1 Year|
|Eindhoven University of Technology||Netherlands||Master of Science – Data Science in Engineering||2 Years|
|HTW Berlin||Germany||Master of Science (MS) in Project Management and Data Science||2 Years|
|IE School of Human Sciences and Technology||Spain||Master in Business Analytics and Big Data||10 Months|
|National University of Singapore||Singapore||National University of Singapore||1 Year|
|Queen’s University||Canada||Master of Management Analytics||12 Months|
Career Prospects[optin-monster-shortcode id=”xf2mlnjiouddzrshykdb”]
Once you are through with your academic programs and or certifications and are ready to work as a Hadoop Architect, you will be able to find scores of employment opportunities in Healthcare, eCommerce, Software, Manufacturing, etc related companies like:
- ORACLE, etc
The job opportunities after pursuing Hadoop Architecture are plenty. The salary structure is equally rewarding for those who pursue Hadoop Architecture. In India, a fresher can bag jobs with an entry-level package of Rs. 4 – 10 LPA. Candidates with 3-6 years of experience in this field earn around Rs. 10 – 20 LPA. Whereas professionals in this field with nearly 6-10 years of industry expertise make around Rs. 15- 30 LPA. Those with over 15 years of experience can earn as much as Rs 10,000,000 per annum
Skills Required to Become a Data Architect
Responsibilities of a Hadoop Architect
As a Hadoop architect, you will have certain responsibilities to fulfill. These include :
- Organize an end-to-end system for consuming and analyzing data
- Corresponding with various industry stakeholders and representatives for needs and goals assessment
- Safeguarding archive of big data architecture products
- Reviewing present databases and big data architecture
- Coding new big data architecture and consolidate current databases
- Researching different data acquisition procedures
- Tracking databases
- Reporting on their accuracy and efficacy
- Formulating protocols to maintain database security
Practices to Follow to Become a Hadoop Architect
- Use of good quality commodity servers starting from 6 core processors.
- Placing processing equipment and data in close proximity for enhanced speed and efficiency.
- Use JBOD instead of RAID for better performance as Hadoop works best with local drives.
- Do not edit metadata files as it can corrupt the Hadoop cluster.
Additional Hard Skills Needed to Become a Hadoop Architect
To become a Hadoop Architect, one needs to possess both soft skills and hard skills. The soft skills have been mentioned in the other section. We have enlisted the hard skills needed for becoming a Hadoop Architect below –
- Development environment software
- Data visualization and data migration
- BI visualization tools like Tableau, R Studio, Apache Zeppelin
- Predictive modeling, text analysis, and NLP
- Archival/backup software
- Data mining
- Databases like cloud computing and NoSQL
- Operating systems, plus MS Windows, Linux, UNIX, and Solaris
- Enterprise application integration software such as XML
- Applied math and statistics
- Information management and data processing on multiple platforms
- Data modeling tools, like Impala, Zookeeper, Flume, Mahoot, Sqoop, Enterprise Architect, Visio, and ERWin
- Foundational database skills, or RDMSs (relational database management systems)
- Machine learning
- Programming languages, specifically Java and Python, including Perl and C/C++
- Application server software, especially Oracle
- ETL tools
- ERP implementation and agile methodologies
- Data warehouse technologies such as Cassandra, Hadoop, MapReduce, Accumulo, MongoDB, Redshift architecture, Hive
Best Books for a Hadoop Architect
There are many books available in the market related to Hadoop Architect but only few books cover every topic. We have listed a few popular books for Hadoop Architecture you can refer to and their links.
|Hadoop Definitive Guide||Buy here|
|Hadoop in Action||Buy here|
|Hadoop Real World Solutions||Buy here|
|Hadoop in 24 hours||Buy here|
Scope of Hadoop Architect in India
In India, the scope of Hadoop architects is increasing every year because of multiple reasons. Primarily, the reason being the increase in demand for data analytics that calls for professionals in the field. A large number of companies, mostly MNCs, make use of big data enterprises. Hence, one can say the scope of Hadoop Architecture in India is not limited and students can prosper a lot in this field of study.
Choosing the right course is crucial to making a successful career in any field and Hadoop Architecture is no exception. Taking help from the industry’s leading experts at Leverage Edu can propel you towards a vibrant career. To begin the process, book your 30-minutes free career counselling session now!