MET was earlier known as Manipal University Online Entrance Exam (MU-OET). Every year Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE) conducts its entrance exam for admission into various courses at undergraduate, postgraduate & diploma levels. As per current schedule, Manipal Entrance Test (MET) 2023 is scheduled to be conducted as a Centre based Online Test. This blog will cover all the latest information regarding MET (Manipal Entrance Test).
|Exam Name||Manipal Entrance Test|
|Conducting Authority||Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE)|
|Level of Exam||University Entrance Exam|
|Exam Frequency||Once a year|
|Medium Of exam||English|
|Exam Duration||2 – 2.30 hours|
|Exam Paper Section||Physics
English & General Aptitude
This Blog Includes:
- Manipal Entrance Test 2023 Important Dates
- MET Exam Pattern
- MET Syllabus 2023
- MET Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- MET Registration Fee 2023
- Manipal Entrance Test Registration 2023
- MET Admit Card
- MET Slot Booking
- MET Participating Institution
- Manipal Entrance Test Exam Centres
- MET Contact Details
- Things to carry at Exam Center
- Best Books for Manipal Entrance Test
- Tips to Prepare for MET
Manipal Entrance Test 2023 Important Dates
The application process for MET is still going on. Students can visit the university’s website to fill out the application form. The portal is open from 5 October 2022 – 15 March 2023.
|Application form release 13 October 2022|
|Application form last date 31 March 2023|
|MET 2023 slot booking 2 weeks before the exam|
|MET 2023 exam date May 2023|
|MET 2023 counselling June 2023|
Also Read: MHT CET – Maharashtra Common Entrance Test
MET Exam Pattern
MET Exam has four papers including B.Tech, BBA, B.Pharma, and B.A Media. The exam patterns for these tests are as follows:
|Exam Mode||Computer Based test|
|Duration||2 Hours (120 minutes)|
|Types of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs) and Numerical Answer Type (NAT)|
|MCQ Pattern||Physics – 10 questions, Chemistry – 10 questions, Maths – 15 questions, English and General aptitude – 10 questions|
|NAT Pattern||Physics – 5 questionsChemistry – 5 questionsMaths – 5 questions|
|Marking scheme MCQs||4 Mark question, 1 mark deducted for incorrect answer|
|Marking scheme NATs||4 Mark question, no negative marking|
Group 1 (2.30 hrs)
|English General Aptitude||30|
Group 2 (2.30 hrs)
|English General Aptitude||30|
MET Syllabus 2023
The syllabus for MET is not the same for every course, Here is a link to the official website for the course syllabus:
MET Eligibility Criteria
Before applying for any course, it is important that applicants check if they meet the eligibility criteria. The eligibility criteria is different for each course. We have mentioned some of the popular courses under MET with their eligibility criteria.
|B.Tech||Passed class 1250% in mathematics, physics &
one optional subject (Chemistry/ Biology/ Biotechnology
or any other technical vocational subject as optional.)
English is also a mandatory subject
|BA/BBA/B.Des||Passed class 12 with aggregate 50%|
|MBBS||Passed class 12 or equivalent course.
Mandatory subjects Physics, Chemistry, Biology /Biotechnology
and English & 50% in each except in English
|M.com||Passed class 1250% at graduation level|
|MCA||-degree in BCA / BSc Computer Science / BSc IT –
Minimum 50% overall
|MBA||Degree with minimum 50%Test score from CAT/XAT/MAT/CMAT|
|MD/MS/PG Diploma||-MBBS degree recognized by Medical Council of India-
completed their internship before applying
The following are required at the exam:
- Admit Card
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Pan Card
- Voter ID Card
- School/College photo I-Card
Also Read: DUET – Delhi University Entrance Test
MET Registration Fee 2023
As a final step of the application process, applicants have to pay the application fee that can be paid through debit/credit card or internet banking. Here’s the amount of the application fee.
|Category||Amount (In INR)|
|Application Fee (General Category for all courses)||Rs.600/-|
|Entrance Fee (For selected courses)||Rs.1400/-|
|Foreign / NRI / NRI Sponsored category||Rs. 2500|
- MBBS / BDS / MD / MS / MDS / DM / MCh courses admission is based on the rank National Eligibility cum Entrance Test (NEET)
Manipal Entrance Test Registration 2023
After checking the eligibility criteria applicants can register themselves for MET.Here is a step-wise registration process:
- Visit the official website
- Click on the ‘register to apply’ tab
- Fill in your personal details & educational qualification
- Enter your contact details, Email address & contact number
- Verify through email or OTP
- Applicants have to select the course they want to pursue
- Enter your location (country,state & pin code)
- Upload your signature & photograph
- To complete the registration process, applicants have to pay the registration fee.
- Download the application form for future reference.
- The process of registration is the same for international candidates as well.
Also Read: OJEE: Odisha Joint Entrance Examination
MET Admit Card
Here are the steps to follow to get your MET Admit Card:
- Visit www.manipalotbs.com OR manipal.edu
- Enter your application number & password
- Admit Card will be displayed on the screen, after entering the details
- Take a printout of the admit card.
Check all the details on the admit card, If there are any issues you can write an email to email@example.com.
MET Slot Booking
Applicants appearing for MET have a choice to book the test center venue, date, and time. This is done on a first come first serve basis. After the application process is complete, OTBS is emailed to every applicant at their registered email address. Here’s a process to book your slot.
- Login to OTBS using your application number & password
- Book test city/day/slot of your choice
- A slot once booked can not be changed by the applicant, however, if the number of applicants are low in any test centers, official authority can shift your test center to the next near test center.
MET Participating Institution
Applicants that have cleared MET are eligible for admission into these three participating institutions.
- Manipal Institute of Technology, Manipal
- Manipal University, Jaipur
- Sikkim Manipal Institute of Technology, Sikkim
Manipal Entrance Test Exam Centres
All applicants appearing for MET can book their seats in the test centers through the Online Test Booking System (OTBS). If the number of applicants is low in any test center applicant’s test center will be shifted to the next near text center.
Exam Centers for BTech programs, BPharm / PharmD, BA Media & Communication, BBA, MSc Clinical Psychology, MA Media & Communication, PG Diploma in Corporate Communication, MA Film Art & Film Making.
- Andhra Pradesh
- Himachal Pradesh
- Madhya Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
Exam Centers for MTech Programs
All ME programs, All MPharm programs, PharmD Post Baccalaureate, All Master of Physiotherapy (MPT) programs, MA Audiology, MA Speech Language Processing, MSc Clinical Embryology, MSc Medical Biotechnology, MSc Molecular Biology & Human Genetics, MSc Systems Biology, MSc Genome Engineering, MSc Tissue Engineering, MSc by Research in Life Sciences, MPhil Clinical Psychology
- Andhra Pradesh
- Tamil Nadu
- Uttar Pradesh
- West Bengal
- New Delhi
Also Read: TISSNET – Tata Institute of Social Sciences – National Entrance Test
MET Contact Details
Director, Indian Admissions,
Room No. 102, Manipal Academy of Higher Education,
Manipal – 576 104 Karnataka, India.
Tel: +91 9243777700
Deputy Director (International Admissions)
Tel: +91820 2571000 or 2922400
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
Management Executive (International Admissions)
Tel: +91 820 2571000 or 2922400
Things to carry at Exam Center
- Admit Card (Soft copies are not allowed)
- Valid ID proof (Passport / Driving License / EC Voter ID Card / Aadhar Card / PAN card)
- A photo & thumb impression is taken at the time of entry into the exam center as a part of the registration process.
Best Books for Manipal Entrance Test
One of the tips to crack the MET is to refer to the right books. Selecting the right ones from the lot can be a bit hard. Here are all the important reference books that can be used for preparation & revision purposes. All the books are available at local bookstores & online:
- Solved Papers and 10 Mock Tests for Manipal UGET (MAHE) Engineering by Arihant Publication
- The concepts of Physics Part 1 & 2 by HC Verma
- NCERT Physics
- Mathematics by RD Sharma
- Objective General English by SP Bakshi
- General Aptitude by RS Agarwal
- A modern approach to chemical calculations by RC Mukherjee
Tips to Prepare for MET
The following are the recommended tips to prepare for the MET exam:
- Ensure you know the syllabus and the pattern of the exam
- Practice from books including Concepts of Physics- H.C Verma, Organic Chemistry – Morrison Boyd, Algebra (Arihant) – SK Goyal, Wren and Martin
- Practice a lot of mock tests to know your strengths and weakness
- Manage time while practising
- Spare some time for revision
There is negative marking in B.Tech, M.Sc, and M.Tech & no marking in other courses.
All applicants can only apply through online mode
Yes, the colleges are UGC approved.
You should reach at least one hour before your scheduled examination time.
Yes, applicants can apply for more than one course, they will be required to separately for both courses.
MET is conducted by Manipal Academy of Higher Education every year.
This was all about the MET – Manipal Entrance Test. We hope this blog cleared your doubts about MET. If you are planning to appear for a competitive exam, our Leverage Edu mentors can guide you throughout the preparation process thus helping you ace the test and get successfully shortlisted into your dream university.