Are you planning to pursue your studies abroad? Then Canada is probably one of the finest places offering varied courses that could be on your consideration list. Right from quality education to world-class facilities, Canada is considered to be one of the best options for students planning to apply abroad. The Canadian education system is mostly public-funded. Indian students often opt for Interior Designing courses in Canada. If you wish to know more about the Interior Designing courses in Canada for Indian Students, this blog shall be very helpful for you. Read on to know more about the Interior Designing courses in Canada.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study in Canada?
Canada is well known not only for its structured education system but also for its internationally recognized degree. The other factors that make Canada a priority in the destination list of the aspirants – the student life, academic curriculum, opportunity to work while studying. Education in Canada is mostly public-funded. However, like other countries, there are a number of private universities as well. Three degrees offered by the Canadian Education System are Bachelor’s, Masters and Doctorate. There are usually three intakes in Canada like the American Education System – Fall, Winter and Summer.
For securing admission to top universities for the best interior designing courses in Canada, students must fulfil certain important criteria:
- Students must have valid scores in IELTS, TOEFL – minimum 6 bands overall with, no less than 5.5 bands in any module
- Acceptable scores in 12th from any recognized board – at least 50% marks in 12th standard
- Students should have no backlogs or study gaps
The application process could be a lengthy one and hence candidates must always keep all the required documents handy at the time of application for the best interior designing course in Canada. Listed below are the important documents required for the application process –
- Marksheet of your previous degree
- Statement of Purpose
- Letter of Recommendation issued by previously attended university
- Scorecard of English Proficiency Test – IELTS, TOEFL and C1 Advanced.
- Canada Student VISA
- Proof of sufficient funds
- Updated CV (if applicable)
Top Interior Designing Courses in Canada
In this section, we have listed a few colleges offering postgraduate and diploma courses in Interior Designing.
- Humber College – Master of Interior Design (1.5 years)
- University of Manitoba – Master of Interior Design (2 years)
- Algonquin College, Ottawa – Diploma in Interior Decoration ( 4 terms)
- Bow Valley College – Post Diploma Certificate in Kitchen and Bath Design ( 3 terms)
- Sheridan College – Diploma in Interior Decoration ( 2 years)
- LaSalle College – Diploma in Interior Decoration ( 1.5 years)
- St. Clair College – Advanced Diploma in Interior Design
- Conestoga College – Diploma in Interior Decoration ( 2years)
Interior Designing Courses in Canada – Fees
The annual fees range from 3.4 Lacs to 19 Lacs. However, if one applies for financial aid the cost is significantly reduced. Mentioned below are the approximate tuition fees that will be incurred if a student plans on pursuing interior designing courses in Canada.
- Humber College – 19 Lacs
- University of Manitoba – 3.6 – 6.7 Lacs
- Algonquin College – 17.8 Lacs
- Bow Valley College – 11.2 -15.3 Lacs
- Sheridan College – 10.3 Lacs
- LaSalle College – 27.4 Lacs
- St. Clair College – 8.7 Lacs
- Conestoga College – 14.2 Lacs
Top Interior Designing Courses in Canada – Score Requirements
Have a look at the score requirements of the top interior designing courses in Canada.
|University of Manitoba||IELTS- 7.0TOEFL iBT- 94|
|Algonquin College – Ottawa||TOEFL- 88 (22 in each)IELTS- 6.5 (band score- 6.0)|
|Bow Valley College||IELTS- 6.0|
|Humber College||TOEFL- 80 (20 in each)IELTS- 6.0 (band score- 5.5)|
|LaSalle College||TOEFL- 80 (20 in each)IELTS- 6.0 (band score- 5.5)|
|St. Clair College||TOEFL iBT- 78IELTS- 6.0 (band score- 5.5)|
|Conestoga College||TOEFL- 80 (20 in each)IELTS- 6.0 (band score- 5.5)|
Financial Assistance is also available for students who need support for their studies. In this section, we have mentioned the scholarships available for international students who plan on studying interior designing courses in India.
- Humber Institute of Technology awards students with a GPA of a minimum of 75% and an IELTS score of 6.5, the International Entrance Scholarship, the amount of which is 2,000 CAD.
- Sheridan College awards students demonstrating outstanding academic achievements the academic awards, the amount of which is variable.
- Indspire Post-Secondary Education Scholarship is awarded by all Canadian Universities to students enrolled in graduate, postgraduate or diploma courses.
So, this was all about the best interior designing courses in Canada for Indian Students. Wish to apply and are confused about the application process? Contact our Leverage Edu experts, here to guide you through the application process.