A lot of times students’ desire of going to their dream universities abroad is shattered down by the huge sum of money it requires in order to enroll themselves into the course of their choice. To lessen the financial burden, the Government of Canada is now offering scholarships for the International Students batch of 2022 to 2023. Through these scholarships, the Canadian government aims to increase the access for Canadian post-secondary institutions to host international students from a variety of countries and territories on short-term exchanges for study or research.
This one-of-a-kind student exchange program provides aspiring candidates with a full-degree-based study in Canada scholarships program curated in 2020. About 50 scholarships will be awarded in the next competition, with the number believed to increase every year. The question arises as to what all the students need to do in order to obtain this scholarship. If you want to be among scholarship recipients, you will need to agree to the certain criteria :
- Engage in full-time studies or research as defined by the Canadian institution
- Arrive in Canada for the uptake of their award between August 1, 2022, but no later than February 1, 2023. Failure to arrive during this time may result in the cancellation of the scholarship.
- Abstain from clinical training or clinically-oriented research involving direct patient-care;
- Focus primarily on full-time studies or research during their stay in Canada
- Return to their home institutions after the scholarship period to complete their studies.
Also, Canadian institutions might be eligible for reimbursement of additional employer compliance fees paid to Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada. But the Canadian government also wants you to utilize this scholarship in a better way and make the most out of it that should mainly include –
- Visa or study or work permit fees
- Health insurance
- Living expenses, such as accommodation, utilities, and food
- Ground transportation includes a public transportation pass
- Essential books and supplies.
The deadline for application is March 22, 2022.
This was all about the Government of Canada Announcing Scholarship Applications for International Students. To know more about the study abroad news, scholarships, programs, etc. follow Leverage Edu and assign up for our newsletter to stay ahead of the crowd!