Las Vegas, Nevada USA is home to the College of Southern Nevada (CSN). It has 3 campuses, the main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas, Henderson, and the various sites and centres spread across the Southern Nevada region. The largest and most varied higher education institution in Nevada is the College of Southern Nevada (CSN). CSN is a fully accredited foundation that offers more than 180 degrees and certifications in more than 70 academic programmes, including 24 totally online. Making sure that every student may succeed is central to CSN’s goal. In this blog you will know all about the College of Southern Nevada like its popular courses, entry requirements, tuition fee and much more!
This Blog Includes:
Why to Choose College of Southern Nevada
- Popular Courses- The College of Southern Nevada is well recognised for its “Exemplary” ranked ACPHA Hospitality Management programmes. These programmes allow students to major in casino management, culinary arts, food and beverage management, hotel management, or tourism, convention, and event planning. More than 150 degrees and certifications are offered by the college in 70 academic areas, including degrees in highly sought-after industries including healthcare and computer technology.
- Accredetition- Since September 1, 1975, the College of Southern Nevada (CSN) has held continuous accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU). NWCCU has granted CSN permission to provide Associate and Bachelor degrees.
- First Transfer College- CSN is Nevada’s #1 Transfer College. The Students can transfer to one of the partner institutions to earn their Bachelor’s degree after they complete their 2-year associate degree at CSN. When a student earns an AA, AS, or AB degree at CSN, the courses they complete here will fulfill the first two years of their Bachelor’s Degree with one of our many partners.
- Location- The entryway to Las Vegas, a vibrant city with a wide range of ethnicities, is the College of Southern Nevada. The largest man-made lake in the country is found in Las Vegas, which is situated in a valley and surrounded by mountains. In addition to skiing in Lee Canyon and lake Mead, students may go trekking in Red Rock Canyon and Mount Charleston.
- Campus Life- There are 9,150 undergraduate students enrolled at this medium-sized university. With a 23:1 student-to-faculty ratio, students are guaranteed to obtain the best education possible. To keep students engaged and connected outside of the classroom, it offers a range of clubs, organisations, and activities. The university’s baseball team is a consistent contender and has previously claimed a national title for students who appreciate sports.
The culinary arts programme at CSN was ranked eighth in the country by Best Choice Schools. Students can choose from top programmes in physical sciences, nursing, engineering, business, computer and information systems, marketing, and aviation.
|Popular Courses||Duration||Tuition Fee|
|Associate of Applied Science in Accounting||2 years||INR 7 Lakhs|
|Associate of Business||2 years||INR 6.8 Lakhs|
|Associate in Applied Science in Computing and Information Technology||2 years||INR 7 Lakh|
|Associate of Applied Science in Electronics||2 years||INR 7.28 Lakhs|
|Associate in Applied Science in Human Resources||2 years||INR 7.47 Lakh|
|BBA||2 years||INR 8.2 Lakhs|
|BE/ BTECH||2 years||INR 8 Lakhs|
Academic Calendar and Application Deadlines
|Semester||Approximate Semester Dates||Application Deadlines|
|Fall||End of August to Mid December||July 1|
|Spring||End of January to Mid May||November 15|
|Summer||Beginning of June to Mid August||April 15|
Although the eligibility or entrance standards for university study vary based on the student’s selected degree or program. Following are the admission requirements for international students:
- Degree Program- Students who are prepared to enrol in full-time English courses leading to a certificate of accomplishment, an associate degree, or a bachelor’s degree should enrol in the degree programme. There is no ESL component to the curriculum. For further information, students can review the college’s English Language Proficiency requirements.
- Pathway Program- For students who are proficient in English but still require additional ESL training before they are ready for full-time academic courses, the route programme is a one-year course of study. Advanced ESL and first-year college courses are mixed into the students’ schedules.
- ESL Program- Students who want to learn English can enrol in the full-time ESL programme (English as a Second Language). With an emphasis on preparation for study in an English-language college or university, students will study English grammar as well as reading, writing, speaking, and listening abilities. No particular qualifications for English language competence exist.
- Language Proficiency Requirements- All non-native English speakers* are required to present documentation of one of the following. Except as otherwise specified, this criterion will only be utilised for admission. No test results older than two years may be used.
Check your English Proficiency
In order to apply after knowing the acceptance rate of Melbourne Business School, you will need the following documents to complete the application process:
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- A passport & Australia Student Visa
- Financial Documents
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Cost of Studying
On Campus -The annual average cost of attendance on campus would be somewhere around $30,000 (INR 24 Lakhs), which includes your annual tuition fee, room and board, food, transportation, health insurance and other expenses.
Off-Campus- The average yearly cost of living for international students in the United States is $8,600( INR 6 lakhs) per year. Food, public transit, cellphone, Internet, books and supplies, and other utility expenditures will all be part of your living expenses. In addition, in order to remain in the United States, you must get the required health insurance, which costs roughly INR 5 lakhs per year.
Scholarships and Grants
Grants are given to students depending on their financial needs as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) (FAFSA). Tuition and fees, books and materials, transportation, and other expenses associated with attending CSN may be covered by grants.
- Federal Pell Grant
- Federal Supplemental Education Opportunity Grant (FSEOG)
- Silver State Opportunity Grant Program (SSOG)
- CSN Access Grant
- Silver State Access Grant
|CSN’s Nevada Promise Scholarship||Supports up to three years of tuition and other mandatory fees that are not covered by other forms of gift aid|
|CSN President’s Scholarship||For the first year after graduating, pay $1,500 every semester, INR 1,14,592.50|
|Mission Graduation||$2,000 at full-time enrollment, INR 1,52,794.60|
|CSN Alternative Scholarship||$1200 for full-time enrollment, INR 91,685.16|
|Millennium Scholarship||$10,000 for Millennium Scholarship eligibility duration, INR 7,64,043.00|
- Phil Bickford (drafted during MLB Round 1 San Francisco Giants)
- Bryce Harper (drafted into MLB Round 1 Washington Nationals)
- Ryan Reeves (WWE professional wrestler, known as Ryback)
- Jacky Rosen (United States Senator)
According to College Factual’s list of the 2022 Best Colleges, CSN is the 548th best college in the US out of 2,576 institutions. The Best Colleges in Nevada rating places CSN at number four.
The biggest postsecondary school in the state is CSN. You may relax knowing that your college offers over 67,000 students a year the most inexpensive access to higher education in Southern Nevada. Quality: The Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities has accredited CSN.
With 9,431 undergraduate students enrolled, CSN is a mid-sized university. Southern Nevada has a 100% acceptance rate.
Since September 1, 1975, the College of Southern Nevada (CSN) has held continuous accreditation from the Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities (NWCCU).
Are you planning to study abroad but not sure where to start? Contact our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to Visa process and kickstart your study abroad journey today.