The question of how to become a Chartered Accountant is a lengthy one to answer owing to the rigorous process that a candidate needs to go through in order to achieve this certification. Known as the most popular designation for a career in Accountancy, there are different levels of CA examinations that one needs to qualify for to earn it. CA Foundation and CA Integrated Professional Competence Course (IPCC) are two different-level Chartered Accountancy examinations organized by the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICIA). CA IPCC is the secondary level exam for the students who have qualified for the CA Foundation or possess equivalent qualifications. The IPCC examination takes place twice a year in the months of May and November. So, if you are planning to appear for the IPCC examination, here is a blog that aims to provide you with a comprehensive guide on the important notifications, eligibility, exam pattern and syllabus that you must know before taking the test.
This Blog Includes:
Check Out An Exclusive Guide on How to Pursue CA After Graduation
|Exam Name||CA IPCC|
|Exam Frequency||Twice a year|
|Mode of Language||English & Hindi|
|Level of Exam||Intermediate Level|
|Mode of Exam||Paper and Pen- Based|
|Number of Papers||Group A & Group B|
CA IPCC 2023 Dates
Here are the important dates for the CA IPCC exam 2023 session-
|Availability of CA Inter Application Form||21 February 2023|
|Last Date for registration||13 March 2023|
|Release of Admit Card||May 2023|
|IPCC Exam Date 2023||Group I: 15, 18, 20, and 22 May 2023
Group II: 24, 26, 28, and 30 May 2023
IPCC Group 1
|Corporate and Other Laws||TBA|
|Cost and Management Accounting||TBA|
IPCC Group 2
|Auditing and Assurance||TBA|
|Enterprise Information System and Strategic Management||TBA|
|Financial Management and Economics for Finance||TBA|
For the CA aspirants, there are some mandatory eligibility requirements specified by the ICIA that they need to meet in order to apply for the exam. The official authorities hold the power to cancel the candidature of the participants in case of any discrepancy. Here is a list of prerequisites specified for the CA IPCC exam:
- Candidates who have attained the formal schooling of 10+2, have to qualify for the CA Foundation examination constituted by the official body or its equivalent determined by the government.
- Those who possess a graduate or postgraduate degree in Commerce with at least 55% or in streams similar to Commerce with 60%, can join directly at the IPCC level.
- Candidates studying in the final year of their undergraduate degree can also enter this level but they have to submit documents of proof stating that the completion of the course is within six months of enrollment. If they fail to provide the appropriate proof, this will lead to the cancellation of their registration without a refund of the fee amount.
Check Out: CA Foundation Syllabus
CA IPCC: Exam Pattern
There are 7 subjects in CA IPCC which are divided into 2 groups. Group 1 consists of 4 subjects whereas there are 3 subjects in Group 2. The weightage of the papers is different and the minimum marks to qualify in each subject is 40 out of 100 and students have to qualify the papers as well as the whole group to move onto the next level. For group 1, candidates need to score a minimum aggregate of 200 marks, and for group 2 150 marks.
To help you understand the different papers under each group, here is a table that enlists the topics covered as well as the marking scheme.
CA IPCC Group 1
|Paper 1– Accounting||–||100|
|Paper 2– Business Laws,
|Part 1– Law
Part 2– Business Ethics
Part 3– Business
|Paper 3– Cost Accounting
|Part 1– Cost Accounting
Part 2– Financial Management
|Paper 4– Taxation||Part 1– Income Tax
Part 2– Service Tax and VAT
25 + 25
CA IPCC Group 2
|Paper 5– Advanced Accounting||–||100|
|Paper 6– Auditing and Assurance||–||100|
|Paper 7– Information
|Section A– Information Technology
Section B– Strategic Management
CA IPCC: Syllabus
The syllabus of the CA IPCC exam is meticulously designed to gauge the skills of aspirants and evaluate their knowledge in the rigorous discipline of Accounting. There are a total of 7 subjects at this level which are bifurcated into 2 groups. The students have to clear both groups to move on to the next level. Here are some core topics covered in the 7 papers in CA IPCC:
- Accounting: Accounting Standards; Company Accounts; Financial Statements of Not-for-Profit Organisations; Accounting for Special Transactions, etc.
- Business Laws, Ethics, and Communication: The Payment Bonus Act 1965; Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972; Environment and Ethics; The Companies Act, 2013; etc.
- Cost Accounting and Financial Management: Cost Ascertainment; Cost Book-Keeping; Financial Decisions, Types of Financing, etc.
- Taxation: Income Tax; GST Laws; Input Tax Credit; Profit and Gains from Business and Profession, Capital Gains, Advanced Tax and Tax Deduction, etc.
- Advanced Accounting: Advanced Issues in Partnership Accounts & Issues Related to Accounting in Limited Liable Partnerships; Company Accounts; Accounting for Special Transactions, etc.
- Auditing and Assurance: Auditing Concepts, Standards on Auditing and Guidance Notes; Auditing Sampling; the Company Audit I & II; Vouching Control; Preparation for an Audit; Auditing of Assets and Liabilities
- Information Technology and Strategic Management: Business Process Management & IT, Business Information Systems, Telecommunication and Networks; Information Systems and IT Fundamentals, etc.
Note: The above-mentioned topics are only for indicative purposes. Students are advised to check the official website for the detailed syllabus provided by the ICAI.
Also Read: Tips to Write CA Fresher Resume
CA IPCC Registration
Whether you are looking forward to qualifying for the CA IPCC or intermediate examination in May or November 2021, it will be necessary for candidates to register for it a few months prior. There are two ways through which you can register for the course, that is, the Foundation way for the Direct entryway. Let us take a detailed look at both ways-
Foundation Way: This way is opted by the candidates who register for the CA Foundation exam and enter the IPCC level by qualifying for the CA Foundation or CPT test.
Direct Entry Way: The candidates who do not appear for the CA foundation exam and plan to pursue the course by joining at the CA IPCC level opt for the direct entryway.
CA IPCC Application Fee
The application fee for the CA IPCC course differs for Indian nationals and foreign students. Tabulated below are the details related to both fee structures-
|USD 500 (INR 41,310)
USD 325 (INR 26,852)
The admit card will be released prior to the commencement of the CA IPCC exam. All candidates are required to download the admit card and present it at the exam center. An admit card is one of the most important documents.
CA IPCC’s detailed exam schedule will be announced in the coming days. All candidates are required to check the official website from time to time. The result is generally declared within 15 to 20 days after the commencement of the exam.
Ans: IPCC, or Integrated Professional Competence Course, is its full name. The CA (Chartered Accountancy) degree’s second or second-level course is called IPCC. The Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) is responsible for implementing its curriculum.
Ans: With effect from 2018, the IPCC is an improvement over the CA PCC test. Three stages of exams must be passed by students in order to become Chartered Accountants (CA). The CA intermediate course comes after the Foundation course in the chartered accounting program.
Ans: On average, CA IPCC earns 20.00 Lakh per year.
Hence, we hope that this blog has answered your queries regarding CA IPCC and its varied essentials. If you are planning to study abroad wish to pursue Accounting and don’t know where to begin, sign up for a 30-minute free career counselling with our Leverage Edu experts and let us guide you in selecting the right program and institution as well as throughout the admission process to ensure that you get successfully shortlisted.