Computer Science is a stimulating and thrilling subject which gives it undertakers a scope to explore the fascinating world of computers. Amongst the sought after courses after 12th Computer Science, BE Computer Science deals primarily with computer applications, software, maintenance, and designing. The course is embedded in understanding the world of computers and all its nuances, from coding to hardware, and from developing processors to designing components. This undergraduate course is valued worldwide for its universal applicability in the present times which is dependent on computers for its every functioning. This blog lets you explore this course, the aspects it encompasses, and its scope.
This Blog Includes:
- About BE Computer Science
- Why Study BE Computer Science?
- Top Entrance Examinations
- Course Structure and Subjects
- BE Computer Science Syllabus
- BE Computer Science: Important Books
- Popular Universities Across the Globe
- Eligibility Criteria
- Skills Required
- BE Computer Science: Future Scope
- Career Prospects
- Courses after BE Computer Science
|Eligibility||10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics and a minimum aggregate score of 75%|
|Top Recruiting Organisations||Microsoft, Apple, Amazon, Accenture, TCS, Wipro, LG, HP, Oracle, etc.|
|Top Recruiting Areas||Manufacturing Companies, Financial Services, Aerospace and Defence, Telecommunication Companies, Colleges and Universities, Healthcare Sector, Agricultural Sector, Retail Sector|
|Top Job Profiles||Computer Engineer, Network Administrator, Application Consultant, System Administrator, Mobile Application Developer|
|Course Fee||INR 1,00,000 to INR 15,00,000|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 3,00,000 to INR 15,00,000|
About BE Computer Science
Running for a period of 4 years, the Bachelor of Engineering in Computer Science is an undergraduate degree that lays emphasis on both, hardware and software of computer systems. Apart from equipping with the basic theoretical and practical knowledge related to the field of Computer Science and Engineering, the courses also imparts extensive knowledge related to programming languages like C++ and Java, web-based application development, machine learning, artificial intelligence, etc.
Why Study BE Computer Science?
- In Demand Course – BE Computer Science is now one of the most in-demand engineering specialisations, thanks to the increasing prospects of the IT sector. Furthermore, its demand is predicted to rise in the future.
- Ample Job Opportunities – BE Computer Science is in high demand in the business world, therefore applicants who complete this degree will have many of work options. They can work in a variety of fields, including information technology, finance and banking, education, and defence.
- Lots of government jobs –BE Computer Science graduates can find work not just in the business sector but also in government. Banks, railways, cybersecurity cells, and defence research organisations are all places where candidates can work.
- Opportunities for Studying Abroad – After earning a bachelor’s degree in computer science, a candidate can pursue a master’s degree in computer science in another country.
- High Starting Salary – The greatest remuneration package for even freshers in this course might exceed INR 1 crore, depending on the candidates’ competence and knowledge.
Top Entrance Examinations
- JEE Main
Course Structure and Subjects
It is a 4-year undergraduate program that is based on a semester system. Each semester delves into one aspect of the course and works on enhancing your skills in the same. The Computer Science Engineering syllabus is a combination of core and elective papers that aim at making the course as informational and beneficial as possible while suiting your needs. Enlisted below are the major subjects that are covered in this program:
- Computer Systems and Programmes
- Engineering Maths
- Digital Electronics
- Database and File Systems
- System Software
- Data Structures
- Software Engineering
- Operating Systems
- Computer Networks
- Theory of Computation
BE Computer Science Syllabus
Here is the syllabus for the course:
|Introduction to Computer Systems|
|Introduction to Databases|
|Introduction to Computer Architecture|
|Computing Practical 1|
|Mathematics 1: Foundations|
|Reasoning about Programs|
|Graphs and Algorithms|
|Algorithm Design and Analysis|
|Software Engineering Design|
|Models of Computation|
|Networks and Communications|
|Mathematics 2: Probability and Statistics|
|Computing Practical 2|
|Web Application Development Project|
|Software Engineering Group Project|
BE Computer Science: Important Books
|Name of the Book||Name of the Author|
|Pattern Recognition Algorithms for Data Mining||Sankar K. Pal and Pabitra Mitra|
|Computer Science: An Overview||Glenn Brookshear|
|Data Science: Theory, Analysis and Applications||Qurban A Memon Shakeel Ahmed Khoja|
|Fundamentals of Software Engineering||Rajib Mall|
|Computer Graphics for CAD/CAM Analysis||J Zecher|
Popular Universities Across the Globe
Getting a Bachelor’s degree in CS is appraised everywhere, however, getting it from one of the esteemed universities of the world makes it even more worth it. For students aspiring to study BE Computer Science, being aware of renowned universities in the world is essential. Tabulated below is a list of such lauded universities of the world:
|Imperial College London||United Kingdom|
|Karlsruhe University of Applied Sciences||Germany|
|EPITA School of Engineering and Computer Science||France|
|Zhejiang University of Science and Technology||China|
|Latvia University of Life Sciences and Technologies||Latvia|
|Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology||Russia|
|Kaunas University of Technology||Lithuania|
|KEA Copenhagen School of Design and Technology||Denmark|
|Lewis University||United States of America|
|IIE MSA||South Africa|
Note: This is not an exhaustive list.
Aspirants who wish to study this course have to meet some standards set by the universities which test their aptitude and adeptness at pursuing the course. Though the prerequsities can vary from one university to another, mentioned below are some common criteria that you must keep in mind while applying for a BE Computer Science degree:
- You must have completed your 10+2 from a recognized board and must have obtained the minimum percentage needed by various educational institutions.
- You need to undertake global tests like the SAT exam and ACT which are designed to test the subject-specific knowledge and aptitude skills.
- You also have to appear for English proficiency tests like IELTS and TOEFL to demonstrate your ability to communicate in English.
- SOPs, LORs, and essays also form an essential part of the profile that the universities evaluate before offering a place in their institute.
In order to enrol in a BE Computer Science degree, candidates must possess the necessary skills to succeed in the future. Students should have strong programming abilities, as well as inventiveness and the ability to swiftly grasp ideas. BE Computer Science and Engineering graduates must have the following skills:
- Complex Problem-Solving Skills
- Strong Analytical Skills
- Good Technical Skills
- Team Management
- Critical Thinking
- Strong Risk Assessment Skills
BE Computer Science: Future Scope
Because this is an undergraduate course, applicants will be able to conduct several experiments after completing their studies. Candidates can choose from a variety of choices. Some points concerning the future scope of BE CSE are listed below.
- In terms of academics, students might pursue a postgraduate degree in computer science as a way to further their careers.
- They can also enrol in any diploma or certificate programmes, such as Robotics and Artificial Intelligence, which have lately gained popularity in the field of computer science.
- BE CSE graduates can pursue computer science education in other countries.
Computer Science, as a course, is lucrative and benefits its undertakers by opening up a host of career options. Upon graduating with this degree, you can decide to further your educational qualifications by enrolling for a ME or even an MBA in Computer Science. Those wishing to take on the challenges of the professional world can seek jobs in various sectors. Some positions in which a graduate can apply are as follows:
- IT Consultant
- Information Systems Manager
- Web Designer
- Multimedia Programmer
- System Developer
- Database Administrator
- Software Developer Executive
- Applications Analyst
Here are the important employment areas where you can work in:
- Aerospace and Defence Sector
- Financial Services
- Manufacturing Companies
- Healthcare Sector
- Agricultural Sector
- Retailing Sector
- Colleges & Universities
- Telecommunication Companies
Salary Trend 2022
|Job Profile||Average Salary (INR)|
|Computer Engineer||5.00 LPA|
|System Administrator||4.33 LPA|
|Network Administrator||4.61 LPA|
|Application Consultant||8.98 LPA|
|Mobile Application Developer||5.22 LPA|
Courses after BE Computer Science
Here are the courses that you can apply:
- M.E. (Computer Science and Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Computer Science)
- M.Phil. (Computer Science)
- Ph.D. (Computer Science)
Hence, BE Computer Science opens up a variety of opportunities for its undertakers. It is a path to a more developed tomorrow and being a part of that path is always rewarding. Leverage Edu ensures your journey on this path more comfortable and opportune. Our experts can help you in your admission formalities so that you are able to follow your passion and enroll in the course of your choice in one of the prestigious universities in the world. Register today for a free counselling session!