As per Computer Weekly, demand for professionals with artificial intelligence (AI) skills in the UK has almost tripled over the last three years. As a result, the demand for studying Artificial Intelligence courses has risen, these focus on the development and design of machine learning automation. The UK is a perfect study destination for artificial intelligence courses because the country offers top-class facilities, research centres, 2- year post-study work permits and much more. Let’s explore everything you need to know about artificial intelligence courses in the UK.
This Blog Includes:
Why Study AI Courses UK?
- There are over 800 cyber security businesses that have their headquarters in the UK. A large number of companies use it to secure the data of their customer’s, identify threats in network traffic along with blockage of lateral movement.
- Innovative medical technology is growing at a rapid pace in the UK which contributes in the development of AI in UK
- One of the reasons the UK is famous amongst students is because of the 2 years post study work permit students get after completion of the course. Students also get an opportunity to interact and build their network
Also Read: Dentistry in UK
Artificial Intelligence Courses in UK
UK universities offer artificial intelligence courses from bachelor to PhD level. Confused which course is perfect for you? Try our AI Course Finder and you get what you are looking for, saving you hours of research.
- BSc Computer Science (Artificial Intelligence)
- BSc (Hons), Artificial Intelligence and Computer Science
- BSc Artificial Intelligence with Industrial Experience
- BSc Computer Science with Artificial Intelligence
- MSc Computational Statistics and Machine Learning
- MSc Data Science and Machine Learning
- MRes Computational Statistics & Machine Learning
- MRes Robotics
- MRes Virtual Reality
- PhD interactive artificial intelligence
- PhD computer and electronic systems
- PhD robotics and autonomous systems.
Also Read: Public Universities in UK
Every university has different eligibility criteria depending upon the course. For all levels in artificial intelligence courses in UK, the applicant must have cleared 10+2 with a minimum of 50% and above. Here are some of the basic eligibility criteria:
|BSc Artificial Intelligence||MSc Artificial Intelligence||PhD Artificial Intelligence|
|Subjects||Mathematics, 2 science subjects from computer science, physics, chemistry, biology||first-class degree in mathematics, physics, engineering or another degree with substantial mathematics content.||An upper second-class honours degree (or international equivalent) in a relevant subject.|
|English Language||IELTS– overall 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)||IELTS- overall 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)||IELTS- overall 6.5 (minimum 6.0 in each component)|
Top Universities for Artificial Intelligence Courses in UK
Now that you are familiar with the basic details pertaining to pursuing artificial intelligence courses in UK, let us take a quick look over some of the most popular universities in the UK.
- University of Birmingham
- University of Manchester
- University of Surrey
- University of Cambridge
- University of Oxford
- University College London (UCL)
- University of Southampton
Cost of Study
These are costs you incur before you arrive in the UK. To know your personalised cost of living in the UK as an Indian student, use our cost of living calculator for absolutely free!
|Bachelors||25,000-40,000 GBP (INR 25-40 lakhs)|
|Masters||30,000-40,000 GBP(INR 30-40 lakhs)|
|PhD||40,000-50,000 GBP(INR 40-50 lakhs)|
|Type of cost||Average expenses (INR)|
|UCAS Application fee||2,575- for multiple courses|
|UK Student visa application fee||35,865|
|Airfare||45,200-56,600 for single trip|
Also Read: Best Universities for Screenwriting in UK
Applications to universities offering artificial intelligence courses in UK are submitted via the UCAS portal for bachelor courses and on the university’s website for master courses. Here’s the step-wise application process:
- Visit the UCAS portal/ university website
- Check the course curriculum and the eligibility requirements
- Click on the application form of the respective university
- First, you need to create an account using your mobile number or email address
- You will receive an email or SMS on your registered contact number with login details and verification
- Use the login details provided and enter your personal details ( name, gender, date of birth)
- Enter your academic qualification and upload the required documents
- Select the course and pay the application fee
- The application fee is different for every university and can be paid through a debit/credit card or internet banking
- Submit your application form, you can also track your application form through your account
- Students that have been selected will be required to attend a virtual interview by some universities
- Official academic transcripts
- Scanned copy of passport
- CV/ Resume
- Letter of Recommendation
- English language proficiency test scores
- Statement of Purpose
- Two Reference Letters
Popular Job Profiles in AI in the UK
24% of the job opening are for software engineers who are well equipped with AI whereas Data scientists comfortable with working with AI makeup 15% of the job postings. Some of the top recruiters are Babylon Health and IQVIA, BBC, Tractable, Microsoft, and Amazon.
|Job Profiles||Salary p.a. in INR|
|Lead Data Scientist||7881292|
|Chief Technology Officer (CTO)||7743995|
|Senior Data Scientist||5988690|
Want to be a part of top universities offering artificial intelligence in UK? Connect with our experts at Leverage Edu and kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book your FREE counselling session today.