Nottingham Trent University (NTU) is a research university in Nottingham, England. Its roots go back to 1843 with the founding of the Nottingham Government School of Design, which still exists within the university today. It is affiliated with the Association of Commonwealth Universities and European University Association. The Cyber Security course at Nottingham Trent University is well known in the world. A lot of students enrol in the Cyber Security course at this university. Leverage Edu brings you a blog with detailed information about pursuing a Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course.
This Blog Includes:
- Why Choose Nottingham Trent University?
- Ranking of Nottingham Trent University
- Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course – Overview
- Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security – Course Details
- Subjects/Syllabus Included in Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course
- Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course – Qualifications and Fees
- Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security – Admission Requirements
- Admission Deadline 2022/2023
- Living Cost at Nottingham Trent University
- Recruiting Companies
|Type of University||Public|
|No. of Campuses||3|
Why Choose Nottingham Trent University?
- NTU’s student rating suggests it scores a solid 8/10 for internships. This is supported by the percentage of college graduates (97%) finding a job within 6 months of graduation.
- It is ranked in the top 20 UK universities for student experience according to Times Higher Education.
- The university has invested around £450m in the last ten years to transform and modernise its facilities and infrastructure.
- The university has a research arm where, as of 2014, 90% of the university’s research is considered “world-leading” and “internationally excellent” or “internationally recognized.”
Ranking of Nottingham Trent University
|QS World University Rankings 2022||#751-800|
|THE World University Rankings 2022||#601-800|
|Impact Rankings 2020 by Times Higher Education||#57|
|Young University Rankings 2020 by Times Higher Education||#151-200|
|Graduate Employability Ranking 2020 by QS World University Ranking||#301-500|
Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course – Overview
- This course will provide you with a detailed understanding of how communications and networks work in large computer installations to support a system’s ability to deliver what is required.
- The course will give you hands-on experience in a variety of technologies including Microsoft and Cisco and is excellent preparation for specialised roles in networking and computer systems.
- Your learning is facilitated with extensive lab sessions and project work in our labs specialising in isolated networks and communications devices.
- You will also learn programming techniques and databases that will enable you to understand complete systems, write scripts and take on a variety of tasks in industry.
With UniConnect, you can stand a chance to be part of the world’s first and largest online university fair, where you can get in direct contact with a representative of the university of your choice.
Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security – Course Details
The duration of course is for full time for three years or four years with placement.
- Year 1 – coursework (83%), written (17%) and practical (0%)
- Year 2 – coursework (62%), written (30%) and practical (8%)
- Year 3 – coursework (92%), written (8%) and practical (0%)
- A placement year may be taken between year 2 and year 3 of study.
Subjects/Syllabus Included in Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course
- Foundations of Computer Technology and Programming
- Essential Skills
- Systems Programming
- Systems Technology
- Systems Analysis and Design
- Professional Development for Industry
- Network Design and Administration
- Cyber Security
- Communications Technology
- Distributed Network Architectures and Operating Systems
- Information Security
- Practical Project Management and Professional Development
- Service-Centric and Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Business Analysis
- Information Systems Management
- Mobile Platform Development
- Communicating Science and Technology
With the help of AI Course Finder, you can choose the courses of your choice and the top universities related to it.
Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security Course – Qualifications and Fees
|Cyber Security Course Options||Duration||Fees (in GBP per year)|
|BSc (Hons)||Three years full-time||15,600|
|BSc (Hons)||Four years with placement||15,600|
|MSc||One year full-time||15,850|
|MSc||Two years full-time with one year placement||15,850 + 1,385|
|MSc||Two years part-time||7,925*|
Nottingham Trent University Cyber Security – Admission Requirements
- Academic Qualifications
Students require 12 years of schooling and the successful completion of a leaving certificate equivalent to UK A level. An International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma is required. GCSE – Grade 4 or C in English and Maths.
- Indian Students Eligibility
The student must have completed his secondary education at a recognized institution or a completed degree in a relevant field.
- In addition to the minimum admission requirements, international students from non-English speaking countries must demonstrate their English proficiency through IELTS or TOEFL or equivalent test to be admitted to this program.
Download the Leverage Edu App for all your study abroad needs.
- UG degree with minimum GPA of 2.2 in a related subject.
- Language Proficiency Scores
- Letter of Recommendation
- Work Experience
- Statement of Purpose
Are you facing problems in preparing for IELTS or TOEFL? So register today on Leverage Live and get good scores.
- All official academic transcripts and grade cards
- Passport size photographs
- Passport photocopy
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
How to Apply
- Visit the official website of the institution.
- Click on ‘Apply Now’ or ‘Register Here’
- Complete filling your education history with all the qualifications.
- Fill in the details of your employment history.
- Fill in your personal statement.
- Submit the application form by paying the mentioned fees.
Admission Deadline 2022/2023
The admission deadlines for international students are –
|Sessions||Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions|
Living Cost at Nottingham Trent University
|Cost||Amount per annum (GBP)|
|Basic Living Cost||8,000|
Use the Cost of Living Calculator to easily figure out more about the cost of living abroad based on your choices and lifestyle.
|Name||Amount||International Students Eligible|
|Charles Wallace India Trust Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
|NTU Excellence Scholarships||Variable||Yes|
Through the FutureHub platform, students can find hundreds of opportunities, course-approved experiences and jobs in the UK. The university also offers business support for students who wish to start their own business after graduation. The school’s employability team also offers career advice, resume writing tips, interview skills, etc.
You can also get an education loan according to your course and university to study abroad with the help of Leverage Finance.
- Rolls Royce
- The Press Association
- ASAP Data Solutions
- ARM (Cambridge)
- Stirling Infrastructure PartnersAmerican Express
- UK Government
- Railway Survey Design Institute Group Corp
- Bouygues Telecom
- Penpec Group
- Boots UK
- Innovations in Transport
Art and Design, Fashion and Creative Arts are among the most well-known courses at Nottingham Trent University. The institution also has one of the UK’s leading law schools. The university also excels in sport, with notable results in the sport departments of UK universities and colleges.
Nottingham Trent University was formed after the merger of many educational institutions. It now has many world-class campuses in Nottingham, England, UK.
Nottingham Trent University’s Unconditional Offer Scheme is designed for high-performing applicants. The university carefully monitors the program and has found that applicants who enroll at NTU through our unconditional offer program receive better grades, on average, than students who receive conditional offers.
This was about a Cyber Course at Nottingham Trent University. We trust that this blog covered every one of the significant details about the university and the course. Still, confused and need to clear your own questions with respect to the top objections to concentrating abroad? Call Leverage Edu uni-mates at 1800-572-000 and book your most memorable directing meeting free of charge!