Solent University is a prestigious public university in Southampton, United Kingdom, that has long been a source of high-quality education and academics. Since its founding in 1856, the institution has been producing outstanding academicians. Students may become the greatest in their professions by taking advantage of the unique and creative courses offered, as well as the state-of-the-art facilities available. In 2005, it was designated as a university and renamed Southampton Solent University. City, Warsash, and Timsbury Lake are the three areas where the university campus is located. To know more about Solent university’s cyber security course, keep reading this blog!
This Blog Includes:
What is Cyber Security?
The term cyber security may deduce that it refers to the security and protection of computer systems, networks, and digital technologies in order to prevent the theft of hardware or software, as well as malware attacks. Cyber security is a vast area that emerges from the realm of information technology and belongs under the umbrella of computer science.
Popular Cyber Security Courses
There is a myriad of specialised courses available in this subject because the landscape of information technology is continually developing. Take a look at the sections below for a list of some of the most popular cyber security courses at the undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctorate levels:
|Bachelors Courses (3 years)||Master’s level Courses (1 year)||PhD Courses|
|Bachelor of Engineering(Hons) – Cybersecurity Engineering||MSc in Cybersecurity||PhD/MPhil in Computer Science and Informatics – Data Privacy and Cybersecurity|
|Bachelor of Science in Cybersecurity and Economics||MSc in Cybersecurity and Networks||Doctor of Philosophy in Information Studies – Cybersecurity and Privacy|
|Bachelor of Information Technology (Network and cybersecurity Systems)||MBA Cybersecurity||Doctor of Philosophy in Cybersecurity and Cryptography|
|Bachelor of Science ethical Hacking and cybersecurity (Hons)Bachelor of Technology in forensic Investigation: Digital Forensics and Cybersecurity||MSc in Computer Science and Engineering Cybersecurity and Network Systems
Master of Cybersecurity (Business Operation)
|Doctor of Philosophy in Electrical Engineering- Networks and Cyber security
Doctor of Philosophy in Computational Science and Engineering – Cyber security and Information Security
Why You Should Study at Solent University?
Southampton Solent University provides you with the tools you need to further your career through a worldwide network of industry contacts, first-class facilities, and an innovative combination of specialised knowledge and real-world experience. Here are some reasons to study in UK at Solent University:
- Campus: The international student population at Solent comes from over 100 nations across six continents, providing the campus and classrooms with a unique, multinational flavour. You’ll be joining the 30,000 students who already call Southampton home outside of the classroom. You’ll never be far from the things that make this one of the UK’s most dynamic student communities because the campus and six halls of residence are all located in the heart of the city.
- Achievements: In 2019, Solent was named among the top 25 universities in the UK for ‘Student Voice,’ ‘Academic Support,’ and ‘Learning Community’ (National Student Survey 2020). Among the other accomplishments are:
- 112th in the Times University Guide 2022
- 97th in the Guardian University Guide 2022
- Accreditation: Creative Skillset has granted Solent University full accreditation for a number of programmes, including broadcast technology, animation, game design, and media technology. This certification is reserved for institutions that provide cutting-edge media technology training. Officially recognized/chartered by the Privy Council.
- Location: Southampton, just over an hour from London, is a vibrant and lively city. There are good transportation connections to cities in the United Kingdom and Europe. The tourist cities of Winchester, Salisbury, and Bournemouth, as well as the New Forest and Stonehenge, are all close by. Southampton is located on the English south coast, which has one of the hottest climates in the UK. Southampton dubbed the “Gateway to the World” throughout history, is still a major international port. The Volvo and BT Global Challenge Round-the-World sailboat races have both been held at its marina.
Eligibility Criteria for Cyber Security Course at Solent University
Although the eligibility or entrance standards for university study vary based on the student’s selected degree or program. Following are the admission requirements for Solent university cyber security course for international students:
For undergraduate courses
- Students should hold Standard XII with 50% or above in non-medical subjects.
- English Language requirements:
–IELTS level 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each individual component
–TOEFL IBT minimum 80 with a minimum of 20 in each component
–Duolingo English Language Test – 100 overall with a minimum of 90 in each component
For Postgraduate Course
- A minimum 2 GPA is required in your bachelor’s degree in computer science or (a closely related discipline)
- English Language requirements:
-IELTS level 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in writing and a minimum of 5.5 in reading, listening and speaking.
-TOEFL IBT minimum 92 with a minimum of 22 in writing and a minimum of 19 in reading, listening and speaking.
-Duolingo English Language Test – 110 overall with a minimum of 90 in each component.
Ace your IELTS, and TOEFL with Leverage Live!
You will need the following documents to complete the application process:
- Academic Transcript(s)
- Proof of your English language proficiency (if your first language isn’t English or if English isn’t the language of guidance at your school)
- Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose
- A curriculum vitae
- A passport & UK Student Visa
- Financial Documents
- Personal portfolio (if asked by the university)
Cost of Studying
The cost of studying varies with different courses. Following is the tuition fee for the undergraduate and postgraduate courses:
- For UG Course: 13,260 GBP (INR 14 Lakhs) per year
- For PG Course: 14,500 GBP (INR 15 Lakhs) per year
Living expenses: Average accommodation including room rent, food, transportation, and other expenses is INR 8 Lakhs to INR 10 Lakhs per year.
Other Popular Courses
- English And Literature
- Public Affairs And Law
- Social Sciences
- Medical And Allied Health Care
- Art Design And Architecture
- Business And Management
- Computer Science and IT
- Hospitality Leisure and Sports
- Journalism And Media
The Alumni community of more than 75,000 talented individuals is located all around the world. Some of the famous alumni are given below:
- William Adkin (cricketer)
- Jack Eames (fashion photographer)
- Mark Evans (CEO Telefónica UK Limited)
- Ty Francis (business advocate to the US)
- Paul Goodison (Olympic Gold medalist in sailing)
- James Hilton (designer)
- Camille Lepage (French photojournalist)
There are several options in established firms for a degree holder in Cybersecurity to apply their expertise and skills. Following are some of the most common employment opportunities you can pursue after completing your cyber security course:
- Security Administrator
- Security Architect
- Penetration Tester
- Information Security Analyst
- Security Administrator
- Chief Information Security Officer
- Security Software Developer
Learning cybersecurity might be difficult, but it doesn’t have to be, especially if you have a strong interest in technology. Develop an interest in the technology you’re working with, and you could discover that difficult skills become second nature.
After finishing class 12th, candidates can pursue a Btech or BSc degree in Computer Science and Cyber Security. The B Tech degree programme is a four-year programme, whereas the BSc in Computer Science/Cyber Security is a three-year programme.
Solent University is just amazing. Because the university is so new, it does not yet have a high rating, but I believe it will improve very rapidly. The campus is brand new and technologically sophisticated, the personnel is really kind, and the instructors in my class are outstanding!
Solent University has established itself as a major supplier of academic programmes in sport, health, and wellness. Cutting-edge research in fields such as sports science and development, sports sociology, psychology, health and wellness, computer science and IT, Cybersecurity courses, and social care informs these programmes.
Solent Institution is a public university with a 70-80% acceptance rate for undergraduate students. Its admissions policy is relatively selective. There are 8,800 students enrolled at the university, including 8,467 undergraduates and 333 graduates.
Hope now you know about Solent university’s cyber security course. Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.