Do you have a passion for machines and intrigued by robots? Are you a tech-savvy looking for a course that fits your career goals? This programme is unique methods of creating and employing automation and robotic systems in a spectrum of manufacturing and industrial applications. It is a perfect blend of different types of Engineering. Discover everything about Robotics Engineering through our exclusive blog!
This Blog Includes:
What is Robotics Engineering?
Robotics is a multidisciplinary specialization of Engineering and Science that is an accumulation of Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering and Computer Science. It deals with the construction, operation, and application of robots as well as the computer-controlled hardwired mechatronic objects which involves the processing of information, and sensory feedback. It is an interdisciplinary field and offers a range of undergraduate and postgraduate degree programs. The major foundation subjects are:
|Unified robotics||Computer science||Foundations of robotics|
|Physics||Electrical and Mechanical engineering||Robot dynamics|
|Robotics engineering practicum||Mathematical algorithms||Social implications of technology|
|Calculus||Industrial robotics||Special topics in robotics engineering|
Before you decide upon pursuing this Engineering, read the best Robotic books and make a well-informed decision!
Robotics Engineering Courses
A wide range of robotic courses is offered by top universities in the world at different academic levels.
|Diploma in Electro-Mechanical Engineering Technician –
Automation and Robotics
Graduate Certificate in Engineering – Robotics
Ontario College Graduate Certificate in Robotics and Industrial Automation
|Bachelor of Science in Robotics Engineering
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics)
Bachelor of Engineering (Mechatronics)
|Master of Science in Robotics Engineering
Master of Engineering
Master of Science in Computing Science – Robotics (Thesis-based)
Do you know just like this Engineering, Macaharotics Engineering is also a blend of different disciplines like Electronics, Computers, Telecommunication, Systems, Control and Product Engineering.
Robotics Engineering Syllabus
- Actuators and Drives
- Control Components
- De-mining Robot: Embedded Robot Controller, I/O Interface, and PWM Amplifiers
- Control Software – 1
- De-mining Robot: Controller Software and Sensor Inputs
- Control Software – 2
- Sensors – 1
- De-mining Robot: Implement Basic Sensor-based Controls; Plan Strategy for De-mining Task
- Kinematics – 1
- Kinematics – 2
- De-mining Robot: Refine De-mining Operations
- Differential Motion – 1
- Tele-robotics and Virtual Reality
- Differential Motion – 2
- Statics, Energy Method
- Sensors – 2
- Hybrid Position-force Control
- Compliance, End-effecter Design
- Rescue Robot: Stage B – Prototype Implementation (cont.)
- Non-holonomic Systems
- Rescue Robot: Stage C – System Integration
- Legged Robots, Multi-fingered Hands
- Dynamics – 1
- Dynamics – 2
- Computed Torque Control
Eligibility Criteria to become Robotics Engineer
Now If you are aspiring to achieve a degree in this field, you require to fulfil the eligibility criteria set by your chosen university. These requirements vary as per the level of programs, such as bachelor’s, master’s level or diploma courses.
- For admission in bachelor’s programs, you must have completed 10+2 from a recognized institution with MPC subjects with the minimum aggregate specified by the institution.
- While opting for a master’s degree course, candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related field.
- Work experience of 1-2 years is also demanded by some institutions, however, this is not an essential requirement.
- To attain overseas education in this field, applicants need to prove their fluency in the English language by qualifying exams like IELTS, TOEFL, etc. Along with this, SOP (Statement of Purpose) and LORs (Letters of Recommendation) will be required as well.
To know course-specific requirements, you must get in touch with Leverage Edu experts!
Top Universities for Robotic Engineering
Pursuing such a specialized course from a leading educational institute can like your career like anything.
- Harvard University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- University College London
- University of Michigan
- University of Melbourne
- The University of British Columbia
- Texas A&M University
- University of Tasmania
- The University of New Orleans
- Sheffield Hallam University
- University of Southampton
- University of Washington
You must read our exclusive blog on MS in Mechanical Engineering!
Graduates of this field have lucrative opportunities to explore the world of possibilities. Such engineers easily get employed in a vast range of disciplines and industries, though some positions demand a graduate degree. Some potential job opportunities include the following:
- Robotics Quality Assurance Technician
- Robotics Programmer
- Robotics Systems Controller
- Robotics Testing Technician
- Robotics Engineer
- Aerospace Engineer
- Industrial Engineer
- Healthcare Robotics Engineer
Yes, a career in robotics engineering is extremely lucrative, robotics engineers can work in a variety of fields like manufacturing, engineering, gaming, logistics and AI industry. The average salary of a robotics engineer is 8-7 LPA depending upon experience and company.
In order to become a robotics engineer after 12th, students can apply for a bachelor’s degree (B. Tech) in Robotics Engineering after passing 12th science examination.
A number of courses can lead to jobs in robotics. Here are some courses from taking BTech, mtech and diploma courses in robotics, AI, Machine learning and software engineering.
Massachusetts Institute of Technology
Carnegie Mellon University
University College London
University of Michigan
University of Melbourne
The University of British Columbia
Texas A&M University
University of Tasmania
The University of New Orleans
University of Southampton
University of Washington
Hope this blog helped you to acquire all the necessary information about Robotics Engineering. If you are aspiring to make a career in this field and are confused about how to find the right college, get in touch with experts at LeverageEdu who will help you reach closer to your dream!