Hi! I’m Astronaut Alex 👨🚀🚀, we will be talking about the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023. Well, don’t worry if you haven’t heard of this scheme. I’ll help you understand what it is all about.
If you are a student from Rajasthan who wishes to study abroad in 2023-24, then you can apply for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence. This scheme was first launched on 20 August 2021 by the Rajasthan government to honour the former PM, Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi. The scholarship helps cover academic expenses for students while studying abroad. This blog will provide you with all the information about this scholarship. We will cover its eligibility criteria, benefits and allowances, course-wise slots, eligible universities abroad, and the application process. Read on to know more!
|Scholarship Name||Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence 2023|
|Provider||Department of College Education, Govt of Rajasthan|
|Number of Scholarships||500|
|Beneficiaries||Students of Rajasthan|
|Scholarship Amount||Upto INR 10,00,000|
|Age limit||35 years|
|Deadline to Apply||Not announced yet|
This Blog Includes:
📌Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship: Overview
Being committed to academic excellence, the former PM of India Late Shri Rajiv Gandhi had a modern vision for the students and youth of the country. As a tribute to his contributions, the current CM of Rajasthan Shri Ashok Gehlot announced the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence for students of Rajasthan on the former PM’s birth anniversary. Initially meant to provide financial support to 200 students, the number has been increased to 500 after the 2023-24 budget announcement.
📌Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship: Eligibility Criteria
The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship is a scheme meant to encourage students from economically weaker sections in Rajasthan to pursue their education overseas. The scholarship covers students enrolled in UG, PG, PhD, and postdoctoral courses in the latest 150 QS-ranked universities abroad.
Let’s take a look at some other eligibility criteria that students need to fulfil to apply for this scheme:
- The applicant must be a resident of Rajasthan.
- The applicant must have a 12th/Bachelors/Masters/Doctorate degree from a recognized Indian board/university.
- The applicant must not be above 35 years of age as of 1 July.
- The applicant must have received an offer/confirmation/admission letter from a foreign university covered by the scholarship.
- The applicant’s annual family income must be less than or equal to INR 8 lakh.
- Only one applicant from a family will be granted the scholarship.
💸Benefits and Allowances
If a candidate is deemed eligible by the above criteria, they stand to receive the various benefits from the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence. Based on their annual family income, the students are divided into 3 categories: E1, E2, and E3. Candidates receive the scholarship amount based on which of these categories they fall under:
|E1 (income < 8 lakh)||Tuition and Bench fees – Up to INR 50 lakhLiving fees – INR 3 lakh|
|E2 (INR 8 lakh <income< INR 25 lakh)||Tuition and Bench fees – Up to INR 50 lakhLiving fees – INR 6 lakh|
|E3 (Income > 25 lakh)||Tuition and Bench fees – Up to INR 50 lakhLiving fees – NA|
Note: Applicants belonging to the E1 category will be considered in the first phase of the evaluation. The second and third phases of evaluation will consider students in both E1 and E2 categories. In the last phase, students of all three categories are considered collectively.
Eligible students also receive allowances for different expenses while preparing to study abroad, like:
|Annual Maintenance Allowance||Upto INR 10 lakh each|
|Annual Contingency Allowance|
|Visa Fees||Full reimbursement (in INR)|
|Tuition Fees||Full reimbursement|
|Medical Insurance Premium|
The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship has a limited number of slots for different courses that students are enrolled in. The breakdown of the number of slots available for various disciplines is as follows:
|Courses||Number of Slots|
|Humanities, Social Science, Agriculture and Forest Science, Nature and Environmental Science, Law||150|
|Management and Business Administration, Economics and Finance||25|
|Pure Science and Public Health||25|
Note: If any of these slots go vacant, then the students can apply to the following disciplines having 15 slots available:
- Related sciences
- Applied Sciences
Also Read: Duke University Scholarships 2024-25
🏫Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship: Eligible Universities
As mentioned earlier, students selected for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship are eligible to apply to the top 150 QS-ranked universities around the world. Given below are the 50 eligible universities where candidates can apply for admission through this scheme in 2023-24:
💻How To Apply?
- Visit the official portal of the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
- Select the “Online Scholarship” option on the Menu bar.
- Click on “Apply Now” to start the application.
- To register, go to the “Citizen” option on the “Registration” tab.
- Choose your preferred method (through Jan Aadhaar or Google) to start the registration process.
- Check your email ID and registered mobile number for login details.
- Login to fill up the scholarship form.
- Save and download the application form receipt for future reference.
- 10th marksheet
- Qualifying Degree, Mark sheet/Certificate of last passed exam.
- Bonafide/ Domicile certificate
- Jan Aadhar Number
- Offer letter from a foreign university listed under eligible institutions by the scholarship.
- Gross family Income certificate (authenticated by the executive magistrate and witnessed by two gazetted officers)
- ITRs (As applicable for the Financial year 2022-23, for applications in the financial year 2023-24)
- Affidavit for not filing ITR (given format)
- Self Declaration for Scholarships/ financial help etc. from other sources.
- Aadhar Number
The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship provides financial assistance to students throughout the entire duration of their studies. So the scholarship duration varies with the course level and duration as shown below:
|For UG courses||4 years (maximum)|
|For PG courses||2 years (maximum)|
|PhD||3 years (maximum)|
|Post-doctoral Research||1.5 years (maximum)|
If you have any queries or complaints regarding the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship, then you can contact the concerned authorities through the following modes:
Telephone number – 0141-2941493
Email ID – email@example.com
You can also read further terms and conditions related to the scholarship here.
Mr. Astronaut👨🚀🚀- “ Kiddos, I have answered all your queries with the utmost precision that I was capable of. Now, I will be taking my leave, but if you think that I might have missed something do check out the FAQ section or drop a comment. I always respond!”
Ans. Students from Rajasthan coming from financially weak backgrounds or minority communities who wish to study abroad are eligible to apply for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship for Academic Excellence.
Ans. No, there is no specific age limit for applying for the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship. While other eligibility criteria like caste category, family income, and admission to a recognized university are essential, age is not a determining factor for eligibility.
Ans. The Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship offers INR 10 lakh to meritorious students who are below 35 years of age, have an annual family income of less than INR 8 lakh, and wish to study abroad.
We hope that this blog helped you discover everything about the Rajiv Gandhi Scholarship. To discover more scholarships to study abroad, stay tuned to Leverage Edu or call us on 1800 57 2000 to get a 30-minute free counselling session. Thank you for reading!