Scholarships for College Students to Study Abroad: There are many interesting cultures and beautiful places all around the world just ready to be discovered. But because of how much it cost living and study abroad, college students often feel like learning abroad for higher education is just a dream. No problem, capable seekers. Study Abroad Scholarships are like a secret weapon-they can help you get into great situations and grow as a student. This guide will help you find your way through the confusing world of scholarship choices and give you the tools you need to get the best scholarship and start your amazing study abroad journey. Grab your desire to travel and your study abroad experience, and get ready to use scholarships to open up the world.
Top Scholarships for College Students to Study Abroad
- Tata Scholarships
- Inlake Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships
- Chevening Scholarships
- Rotary Foundation Scholarships
- Fund for Education Abroad
- Australia Awards Scholarships
- GREAT Scholarships India
- AIFS Scholarships
- Hani Zeini Scholarships
This Blog Includes:
- What are Scholarships?
- How do Scholarships Work For College Students To Study Abroad?
- What Gives Scholarships for College Students to Study Abroad?
- Top Scholarships For College Students To Study Abroad
- Types of Scholarships for College Students To Study Abroad
- How To Find Scholarships For College Students To Study Abroad?
- Who Can Apply For Scholarships To Study Abroad
- Increase Your Chances To Get a Scholarship to Study Abroad
Every year, scholarships worth thousands of dollars are awarded to the best scholars to study abroad. Please do not hesitate to grab this opportunity. Not only do you need to be aware of where to seek scholarships to study abroad, but you also need to be aware of “How to find Scholarships for College Students to Study Abroad and How to Apply for Scholarships”. Although scholarships may not be able to cover all of the expenses associated with your study abroad adventure, scholarships will assist in reducing your expenses and making the experience more affordable. Keep reading, let’s assist you in acquiring some funds or scholarships so that you may further your higher education in another country.
What are Scholarships?
We should start by getting a clear picture of what scholarships are. The simplest way to explain it is that it’s money that a University or other group gives to outstanding students who need help paying for their study abroad. Sometimes, scholarships are one-time gifts of money, but sometimes scholarships can be renewed and provide money for all of the degree courses at universities.
How do Scholarships Work For College Students To Study Abroad?
The main goal of scholarships is to help students pay their tuition fees and cost of living. These costs can include tuition and early registration fees, as well as other costs like Accommodation, Study materials, and other expenses. If you are given a scholarship, you might get a check the money could go straight to the university you want to attend. If the scholarship amount is less than what you need to pay for university, including tuition fees, accommodation, and other expenses, you will need to pay the difference yourself.
What Gives Scholarships for College Students to Study Abroad?
You might ask why someone would give away that much money for free, Many Governmental organizations and non-governmental organizations like NGOs, and colleges and universities work to make it possible for more aspiring students to study abroad. Their way of doing this is by giving scholarships who can still go to college despite having personal problems.
Top Scholarships For College Students To Study Abroad
You might have to be a part of certain study abroad programs to get some scholarships to study abroad. We found some of the most well-known scholarships for college students to study abroad. The good news is that they are often given out based on need, and it’s easy to apply for and get scholarships.
|The Global Opportunity Full-Ride Scholarships (TEAN)
|The Education Abroad Network(TEAN)
|$1,000 to $5,000
|Trenchard Cox Scholarships
|Art History Abroad
|March 1, 2024,
|CEA CAPA Scholarships and Financial Aid
|CEA CAPA Education Abroad
|$100 to $5,000
|February 14, 2024,
|Foundation for International Education (FIE)
|$1,000 to $3,000
|Faces of America(FoA)
|June 5, 2024
|AFS-USA Grants & Scholarships
|$1,000 to $5,000
|AIFS Study Abroad Scholarships
|$500 to $5,000
|Arcadia Abroad Scholarships
|$500 to $2,500
|$250 to $1,500
|April 4, 2024
|$500, to $14,00
|$500 to $5,000
|1 March 2024
|$500 to $2,500
|Global Experiences generation
|$500 to $3,000
|CET Academic Programs Scholarships
|$500 to $2,000
|Boren Language Scholarships
|$8,000 to $25,000
|January 31, 2024
|American Association of University Women(AAUW)
|$2,000 to $30,000
Types of Scholarships for College Students To Study Abroad
Here are some of the most common types of scholarships for college students can apply for if they want to go to study abroad.
- Students are given subject-specific scholarships to push them to get a certain degree or learn more about a certain subject.
- Location-specific scholarships are a type of financial aid that can help students who want to go to university in certain countries or areas.
- Similar to subject-specific scholarships, scholarships that are special to a program are given to students who want to be a part of that program.
For these scholarships, the students must meet certain requirements and must meet the standards to be qualified for these scholarships.
Must Read: NSERC Scholarships
How To Find Scholarships For College Students To Study Abroad?
At this point, you know more about how to find scholarships and how to apply for one. The next most important question is likely where to find study-abroad scholarships for college students.
- We recommend starting your look for a scholarship on our website Leverage edu, which is a great place to begin.
- There are many scholarships available for different fields of study and countries where you want to study.
- Now you can check particular universities for scholarships that you want to attend.
- Try emailing an official university scholarship committee and asking if they have any scholarships and how you can apply for one.
Who Can Apply For Scholarships To Study Abroad
Applicants must meet basic requirements to be accepted. If you want to be in the running for the money, your profile needs to meet basic requirements also known as standards, eligibility criteria, and selection criteria. Always look at those requirements to make sure that a scholarship is right for you.
- A strong academic record is often a primary condition.
- Many scholarships are specifically designed for students from several different countries or regions.
- Some scholarships are available only for students pursuing studies in specific fields, such as Arts, Humanities, STEM, etc.
- Some scholarships, especially for Postgraduate studies, might require applicants to have a certain amount of relevant work experience.
- For scholarships targeting Postgraduate students, having a relevant Undergraduate degree with a Good GPA score.
Increase Your Chances To Get a Scholarship to Study Abroad
Once you know which scholarships you want to apply for, You should follow these steps to increase your chances of getting a scholarship.
- Start With a Motivation Letter: Motivational letters are usually part of scholarship applications and are a chance to show who you are and what you want to do in the future.
- Share your personal Experience: Students who are involved in a lot of different groups or activities, or do their hobbies always have interesting stories to share.
Many countries provide Indian students with scholarships that are completely sponsored. These countries include the UK, the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, and many other countries.
An Indian Government award that follows students to study in another country is called the Fullbright-Nehru Master’s Fellowship.
The following nations are recognized for providing some of the most straightforward scholarship opportunities for students from other countries.
The UK, the US, Canada, France, Australia, Hungary, Singapore, China and many other countries.
|Fully Funded Scholarships Without IELTS
|Fully Funded Scholarships in USA 2024-25
|Requirements for Scholarships
|Top 5 Fully Funded Scholarships for Indian Students
|Undergraduate Scholarships in the USA
|UK Scholarships for Ghanaian Students
Exploring study abroad scholarships? Still, trying to figure out how to go about it? Let the professionals at Leverage Edu take care of your academic journey! You may enlist the assistance of Leverage Edu specialists to assist you with the application process to realize your goals. Call us immediately at 1800-572-000 for a free 30-minute counselling session.