Now, how on earth can fashion jobs be online? But why not? If the whole trend of following fashion can shift online, why not fashion itself ? It is not something that needs to be revolutionized. There are plenty of remote fashion jobs already there in the market. From working for brands to building your own, here is how you can build a sparkling career with remote fashion jobs.
This Blog Includes:
Do you know about the Top Career Paths in the Fashion Industry? Read here.
Why Choose Remote Fashion Jobs?
It is not a hard and fast rule that you need to choose remote fashion jobs as some people thrive while working with colleagues. However, if your comfort workspace is your own desk, here are some benefits of choosing remote fashion jobs:
- Flexible working hours. Whether your creativity is a morning bird or a night owl, or maybe you need inspiration to think of new designs and ideas. Working remotely can offer you all that.
- On top of that, you can save time for your personal life. Creative jobs require a lot of time and can be exhaustive because of irregular working hours. On top of that if you are travelling daily it might become cumbersome.
- Design your own workspace. Fashion is an art that can flourish when they are in the right space. So, design your workspace to motivate you and embark on the journey.
- If you are looking for remote fashion jobs overseas other than designing, it can save you the time and hassle of long-term work permits, higher cost of living as well as other rules and regulations.
Types of Remote Fashion Jobs
Not one, there are many types of remote fashion jobs that you can pursue. These jobs can be domestic or international as per your choice. Let’s look at some common job types.
You can choose to work as a freelancer associating yourself with different companies. This will allow you to work on multiple projects simultaneously and get paid. Get a competitive salary and work as when you like.
Working full-time for a fashion brand, magazine, product or whatever will be rewarding too. You get associated with these brands adding authenticity and reliability to your CV. Moreover, you will learn better growth in the fashion industry with full-time work.
- Work for Brands
Want to learn how the top industry works? Work for brands to establish your domain. You will gain a competitive salary and add a brand name to your CV. You can also learn a lot from your seniors who are experts in the field.
- Work for Startups
The good thing is, that fashion jobs are in demand and even start-ups are making good money as fashion is a growing industry. However, you will get an opportunity to build a brand and upscale. You will also get greater freedom to experiment with designs in start-ups.
Popular Remote Fashion Jobs
Here are some of the most popular remote fashion jobs. For exact salaries please research based on the countries you are interested in.
|Average Annual Salary Abroad
|$40,000 to $80,000
|$65,000 to $122,000
|$51,000 to $102,000
|Social Media Manager for Fashion
|$45,000 to $60,000
|Remote Social Stylist
|$42,000 to $72,000
|$54,000 to $82,000
|$57,000 to $76,000
|Model Risk Manager
|$94,000 to $148,000
|Freelance Swimwear Designer
|$61,000 to $78,000
Learn How to Become a Fashion Marketer and start your career today.
Countries That Pay Highest for Remote Jobs in Fashion
Here is a list of countries that pay a hefty sum for remote fashion jobs. Here is a list of a few with average salaries for fashion jobs.
|Average Annual Salary
|$69k to $135k
|€30k to €45k
|£30K to £48K
|$36,000 to $48,000
|₱20K to ₱26K /Month
|$44K to $68K
|MX$36K to MX$57K / Month
Top Companies that Offer Remote Fashion Jobs
You will require some names to decide your dream destinations. Following is a list of top companies that offer remote fashion jobs abroad.
- The RealReal
- GOAT Group
- Rue Gilt Groupe
- Brilliant Earth
- Diamond Foundry
- Kindred Bravely
Still a student? Learn to fuel your study abroad career with Part-Time Jobs in the UK for International Students.
Requirements to Work Remotely in the Fashion Industry
There are several basic requirements to work remotely in fashion jobs. Here we have mentioned a few of them for your reference.
- You will need a stable internet connection.
- Also, electronics such as a laptop with good graphic resolution and camera.
- Your laptop should have all the basic software for work.
- An external camera or microphone is also required for certain roles.
- If you are designing, you will need a proper workspace suitable for work.
- You also need to have all the design tools.
- In the case of social media management, you will require proper production equipment.
- Also, knowledge of software like Photoshop and InDesign is essential for the aforementioned role.
Treasure of Jobs in the USA for Indians: Detailed Guide. Click to read.
Yes, fashion designers work remotely from their own workspaces when they have all the required equipment. Your employer should agree to the conditions and you should be able to deliver the targets with the available resources.
There are two things you need to start your career in the Fashion industry. These are networking and information. There are jobs like fashion writer or social media manager that do not essentially require experience. For others, you can attend networking events, fashion shows and other fashion industry events. Continuing education in a fashion-specific field will also help.
Here is what you can do to get a job in fashion media.
Complete a bachelor’s degree in Fashion or related subjects.
Then gain some work experience in the field through internships and attend events for networking.
Choose your beat for fashion media.
Additionally, build and maintain a strong portfolio of your best work.
Lastly, look for freelance work and projects and approach companies with that experience.
Yes, fashion designing is among the well-paid jobs worldwide. Countries like the UK, USA, Singapore, Canada, Philippines, Mexico and Spain pay average annual salaries of around $35K to $55K annually.
After gaining relevant education and skills you need to first identify your niche in Fashion. Then you must attend social networking events related to the fashion beat chosen by you and also get connected with people from the same field on LinkedIn and other social networking sites. Maintain a strong and open portfolio online and keep it updated.
This is how you can vouch for remote fashion jobs. Follow our Jobs Abroad page for more information on careers, international part-time and full-time jobs and internships.