One course that will never lose its appeal is MBBS. The noblest, most coveted, and highly desirable vocation is known to be medicine. Medical personnel are regarded as life savers and are held in the highest regard. Not only are medical experts revered all throughout the world, but it also pays very well. Additionally, it gives us a sense of pride for belonging to a social group that has a significant positive impact on society. We hope that this blog will help you better understand the best country for MBBS for Indian students.
|Duration of the Program||5-6 Years|
|Eligibility Criteria||PCB in 10+2 with a minimum of 50%|
|Average Tuition Fee||INR 15 Lakh- 40 Lakh|
|Popular Countries||USA, Russia and UK.|
This Blog Includes:
- Benefits of Studying MBBS Abroad
- Considerations for Indian Students Seeking the Finest MBBS Programme Abroad
- Choosing the Best Country for MBBS for Indian Students
- Top Universities to Study MBBS for Indian Students
- Minimum Eligibility Criteria
- Documents Required
- Application Process
Benefits of Studying MBBS Abroad
There are certain benefits of studying MBBS abroad. Let’s get to know more about them,
- There will be more chances for you to study with top instructors. Going abroad will be the finest thing you can do for yourself and your career if you want to study at one of the best medical institutions or schools. When compared to India, studying MBBS abroad will be significantly less expensive for students.
- You’ll have more chances to conduct research. The majority of the top medical institutes in the world are found abroad. This implies that you will have more chances to take part in innovative research and gain useful experience working with some of the greatest medical professionals in the world.
- Living in a more varied and culturally stimulating environment will be possible for you. Many people who go overseas to study medicine eventually come back and work in various sectors. They gain a deeper understanding of the many situations in which healthcare might be provided as a result.
Considerations for Indian Students Seeking the Finest MBBS Programme Abroad
- Quality of Medical Care: The standard of medical treatment offered in the country you choose to study medicine is one of the most crucial factors to take into account. Before making a choice, make sure to examine the level of medical treatment in each nation you are considering.
- Residency Programs: The availability of residency programmes in the nation you intend to study in is another crucial aspect to take into account. This will enable you to determine whether it complements your career objectives.
- Cost of Living: The cost of living is one of the most important aspects to take into account when deciding where to study medicine abroad. To effectively manage your budget, make sure you have a reliable estimate of how much money you will need each month.
Choosing the Best Country for MBBS for Indian Students
Here are some of the best countries for MBBS for Indian students;
The USA is one of the top nations to take into consideration if you’re seeking the ideal country for Indian students to study MBBS. The nation has a long history in medicine and has built a robust healthcare system that is well-known throughout the world. American hospitals offer some of the greatest medical services available worldwide. The greatest minds from around the world are drawn to Ivy League colleges and other highly regarded medical institutions in the United States. Additionally, it is simpler for individuals to pursue an MBBS in the USA due to the proximity of pharmaceutical businesses and top-notch medical facilities.
The length of the study term varies from four to six years in the UK’s medical education system, which is similar to that practised in India. A certificate of Completion (CCT) is given upon satisfactory course completion. So, the United Kingdom may be an intriguing option if you’re seeking the best country for MBBS for Indian students. Three of the top ten MBBS colleges in the world are located in the UK, making it a popular choice for future physicians. Additionally, to practice medicine in India, graduates from these and the other 42 of the top 45 medical schools in the UK are exempt from taking the FMGE.
Russia, which is the largest nation geographically, is a popular destination for overseas students looking to study MBBS. In Russia, one of the most sought-after programmes is MBBS. In the nation, there are about 57 medical universities. Due to the extremely low tuition rates offered by Russian institutions in comparison to those in other western nations, international students choose to study here.
Since studying in German public universities is almost free of charge and the tuition fees are comparably much lower than those in most other countries, Germany is a popular choice among Indian students and is regarded as the finest location for MBBS. Language eligibility limitations are challenging to overcome, though. For your studies and future patient communication, this entails mastering their language at a high level. It takes around 7.5 years to complete a medical education (imparted in German).
Numerous prominent medical institutions offering top-notch instruction and MBBS programmes are located in Canada, which has an effective system for medical education. They are renowned for their high standards of care and offer cutting-edge facilities. Students will have many alternatives when it comes to selecting a residency programme because Canadian doctors are in high demand all around the world. The nation is renowned for its pleasant climate and clean environment. In addition, Canadian healthcare is fairly affordable, making it the best country for MBBS for Indian students interested in a medical profession.
Top Universities to Study MBBS for Indian Students
Here is the list of some of the best universities to study MBBS for Indian students;
|Universities||Countries||QS World Ranking 2023||Avg. Tuition Fees||In INR|
|Harvard University||USA||5||$51,143||42.45 Lakh|
|University of Oxford||UK||4||GBP 41,745||41.66 Lakh|
|University of Cambridge||UK||2||GBP 67,984||67.85 Lakh|
|Stanford University||USA||3||$63,747||52.91 Lakh|
|Heidelberg University||Germany||65||EURO 20,000||17.56 Lakh|
|Ludwig Maximilian University of Munich||Germany||49||EURO 183,000||1.60 Cr.|
|Lomonosov Moscow State University||Russia||75||$4000-6500||3.51 Lakh to 5.70 Lakh|
|University of Toronto||Canada||34||CAD 367,041||22.40 Lakh|
Want to study abroad but are worried about expenses? Let Leverage Finance help you.
Minimum Eligibility Criteria
To pursue an MBBS abroad, an applicant must fulfil the following requirements:
- The applicant must have finished 10+2 in PCB with a minimum cumulative grade point average of 50%.
- The age range for applicants must be between 17 and 25 years old.
- The candidate must have passed the NEET test.
- The applicant could be required to submit the results of their IELTS or TOEFL test for English language competency.
There are some standard document requirements that a candidate must meet regardless of the country to which they choose to apply for an MBBS programme. The following is a list of some standard documentation requirements.
- Academic Transcripts
- Proof of English Proficiency
- Copy of passport
- Statement of purpose
- Work Experience (if applicable)
- Proof of Financial Stability
- Reference letter
- Letters of recommendations
- Research Proposal (for PG Research)
The application procedure begins months before the start of classes and lasts for a considerable amount of time. For overseas students to begin their studies, universities have two main intakes known as the fall intake and winter intake. You can call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 572 000 to find out how the application process can be fast-tracked and streamlined!
Here’s an easy 5-step process to complete your application process for studying MBBS abroad:
- Call our experts on 1800 572 000 to shortlist your favourite universities and courses. Start your application to multiple universities through our one-dashboard platform
- Compile all your documents like SOPs, essays, certificates and LORs, and exam scores like IELTS, TOEFL, GRE, GMAT, etc
- Meet all the application deadlines and start the application process for accommodation, students visa, and scholarships/student loans
- Accept the offer letter and meet your teachers, college mates, and roommates virtually
- Get your visa approved and depart for the best country for MBBS for Indian students.
The least expensive country for Indian students to study medicine is China. Additionally, Chinese medical colleges offer an affordable option for Indian medical colleges due to their high-quality faculty and infrastructure.
Ans: There are mandatory NEET qualifying requirements at several foreign universities. However, in order to get admitted to a foreign institution and obtain a medical licence in order to return, one must pass the NEET exam.
The UK and the US have the top medical schools in terms of academic standing. These two countries are home to nine of the top ten universities in the QS World Ranking.
Many students want to study for an MBBS degree at international institutions. Students frequently search for the best institutions for MBBS for studying abroad for a variety of reasons, including the opportunity for global exposure, academics that are connected with technology, a global viewpoint, prestigious universities, and a relatively simple admissions procedure. Get in touch with our professionals at Leverage Edu if you’re seeking help realizing your dream of studying abroad.