Hello! I am Professor Owl 🦉. Today, we will be talking about the B.Ed scholarships. These scholarships are meant for candidates preparing for a career in education. So let’s dive into this blog to know more about these schemes!
The job of a teacher is prestigious and rewarding. To become a teacher one needs to complete the course Bachelor of Education (B. Ed), which prepares an individual for teaching and other practical careers in education. The field of education offers numerous opportunities and acts as a foundation for further specialized degrees in the field of education. However, due to financial instability, many students are not able to pursue their dream program. If you are a student planning to pursue a B.Ed and need financial assistance, read this blog to know all about B.Ed scholarships, different scholarships, their eligibility, benefits, and more.
Also Read: Reliance Foundation Scholarships 2023
This Blog Includes:
- 👩🎓About B.Ed Scholarships
- 📌List of B.Ed Scholarships
- 💻B.Ed Scholarships: Application Process
👩🎓About B.Ed Scholarships
B.Ed scholarships are specifically for students who are unable to continue their education due to financial barriers. Students can apply for the scholarship online available by different departments and follow the issues guidelines. Such scholarships remove the financial burden from students and empower them to pursue their desired courses.
📌List of B.Ed Scholarships
The following is the list of b.ed scholarships available for students pursuing a B.Ed in India:
- Tata Trust Scholarship for B.Ed and D.Ed Students
- Vidyasaarathi MPCL Scholarship
- CARE Rating Scholarship Scheme
- UGC Emeritus Fellowship
- Widow-Abandoned Chief Minister (B.Ed.) Sambal Yojana
Let’s talk about the scholarships in detail.
➡️Tata Trust Scholarship for B.Ed and D.Ed Students
Tata Scholarship scholarship is available for people who are residents of Jammu Kashmir, Maharashtra, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura and are pursuing B.Ed and D.Ed courses.
- A resident of Jammu Kashmir, Maharashtra, Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, and Tripura
- Must have scored at least 60% in the previous examination
The selected candidate will be provided with a fee waiver of tuition and other fees.
➡️CARE Rating Scholarship Scheme
- The candidate must have passed graduation with a minimum of 50%
- The annual family income of the applicant must not exceed INR 5,00,000
Deserving candidates will be awarded an amount up to INR 25,000.
➡️UGC Emeritus Fellowship
The University Grant Commission (UGC) provides the UGC Emeritus Fellowship and offers a research program to retired educators from various universities approved under the UGC Act, empowering and encouraging them to do active research in their field of specialisation.
- The educator must have experience in a recognized university and should be under the age of 70.
The selected candidates will be offered INR 10,000 per month and an amount of INR 20,000 per year as a contingency allowance.
Also Read: DENTISTRY SCHOLARSHIPS
➡️Widow-Abandoned Chief Minister (B.Ed) Sambal Yojana
Widow-Abandoned Chief Minister (B.Ed) Sambal Yojana is offered to female candidates studying or working in any training institute in Rajasthan
- The female candidate must belong to the divorced or abandoned category with 75% attendance in the university.
Through the scheme, the fee of the institute is reimbursed to the candidates selected.
➡️Vidyasaarathi MPCL Scholarship
The Vidyasaarathi MPCL Scholarship is provided by the Malan Power Limited Company to students pursuing their higher education in Nursing, ITI, and B.Ed course
- The candidates must have a minimum of 50% in their graduation
- The annual income of the family should not be more than INR 5,00,000
- The candidate must not be a son or daughter of an employee of the MPCL group.
The selected students will be awarded an amount of INR 8,000.
💻B.Ed Scholarships: Application Process
To apply for B.Ed scholarships, one has to follow certain steps:
- Visit the official site of the B.Ed scholarship which is the National Scholarship Portal
- Register yourself and enter the details
- Open the application form
- Fill up the form and upload the required document
- Recheck all the details and submit.
B.Ed Scholarships: Documents Required
The documents required while applying for the B.Ed scholarships are:
- Research documents
- Bank details
- Domicile certificate
- ID proof
- Bonafide certificate
- Income certificate
- Passport size photo
- Aadhaar card
- Fee receipt
- Minority card
- Recommendation letter
- An affidavit
Professor Owl 🦉- “ Kiddos, I have answered all your queries with the utmost precision that I was capable of. Now, I will be taking my leave, but if you think that I might have missed something do check out the FAQ section or drop a comment. I always respond!”
Ans. The eligibility varies across the scholarship, but the general eligibility is any student who has passed the examination with a minimum of 50% and is pursuing a B. Ed program.
Ans. In various scholarships, the family income should not exceed INR 5,00,000
Ans. There is no age limit to avail of the scholarship.
This was all about B.Ed scholarships. Hope this blog cleared all your doubts regarding the scholarships available. For more information, keep following Leverage Edu.