Snehapoorvam Scholarship is a financial assistance program offered by the Kerala Social Security Mission (KSSM). The scheme focuses on providing monetary support to nearly 75,000 orphan students in Kerala. It ensures that the students can pursue their education, no matter what level they are on, without worrying about financial constraints. Read on to learn more about this amazing scheme, including its eligibility, application process, and amount.
|Scholarship Name||Snehapoorvam Scholarship|
|Beneficiaries||Orphan students of Kerala wanting to pursue their studies|
|Eligibility||Orphan students of Kerala coming from Below Poverty Line (BPL) category or having an annual family income below INR 20,000 (in rural areas) and INR 22,375 (in urban areas)|
|Amount||INR 300 – 1000 per month (depending on the course level)|
|Application Mode||Online through the KSSM’s E-Suraksha portal|
|Application Deadline||31 October 2023 (actual)15 December 2023 (extended)|
This Blog Includes:
With almost 1500 shelters in Kerala housing orphans under the age of 18 years, children run the risk of being exploited or abused without adult protection and care. Snehapoorvam Scholarship is an initiative by the Kerala government to provide them with social security and integration and promote basic education. To be eligible for this scholarship, you need to fulfil the following criteria:
- The applicant must be a domicile of Kerala.
- The applicant must be an orphan, having lost both of their parents.
- The applicant must be from the BPL (Below Poverty Line) category.
- The age of the applicant can be anywhere from under 5 years old to young adults.
- Applicants from Class 1 to professional/degree courses are also eligible.
- Candidates from the APL category are also considered, given that they fulfil the following income criteria:
|Rural||Below INR 20,000|
|Urban||Below INR 22,375|
Snehapoorvam Scholarship: Application Process
If you fulfill the criteria mentioned above, here’s how you can apply for Snehapoorvam Scholarship:
- Go to the official website of the Kerala Social Security Mission.
- Create an account if you are a new user by clicking on the “Registration” option. Existing users can log in using their registered credentials.
- Once logged in, locate the “Scholarship” section and choose the “Snehapoorvam Scholarship” option.
- Carefully fill out the online application form, providing accurate and complete information about yourself.
- Upload scanned copies of the necessary and supporting documents, as specified in the application form.
- Review the application and click on the “Submit” button to finalize your application.
To apply for the Snehapoorvam Scholarship, you need to keep the following documents ready for verification purposes:
- The Aadhar Card of the applicant
- Parents’ death certificate along with an attested copy of the same.
- Domicile certificate of Kerala
- BPL certificate/Ration card/Annual family income certificate signed by the Village officer.
- Copy of the first page of the applicant’s bank passbook.
- Educational certificate
Snehapoorvam Scholarship: Amount
If your application for the Snehapoorvam Scholarship gets approved, you will receive the following amount depending on the class/course you are enrolled in.
|For children <5 years of age||INR 300/month|
|For Class 1-5||INR 300/month|
|For Class 6-10||INR 500/month|
|For Class 9-12||INR 750/month|
|For Degree/Professional courses||INR 1000/month|
Snehapoorvam Scholarship: Important Dates
Students applying for the Snehapoorvam Scholarship in 2023 must keep the following dates in mind to enrol timely:
|Application Start Date||September 2023|
|Application Deadline||31 October 2023|
|Extended Last date||15th December 2023 (tentative)|
To clarify any further queries or concerns, you can get in touch with the respective authorities through the following mediums of contact:
Address: Executive Director, Kerala Social Security Mission, Poojapura Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala 695012
Phone Number: 0471-2341200
Email ID: email@example.com
Ans: To be eligible for the Snehapoorvam Scholarship, the applicant must:
1. Be an orphan residing in Kerala.
2. Be enrolled in a recognized educational institution.
3. Belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) category.
4. If from the APL category, having an annual family income below INR 20,000 (in rural areas) and INR 22,375 (in urban areas).
Ans: The scholarship offers a monthly stipend to deserving candidates, depending on their level of education, as follows:
1. For children under 5 years of age/students of class 1-5 – INR 300/month
2. For students of class 6-10 – INR 500/month
3. For students of class 9-12 – INR 750/month
4. For students enrolled in degree/professional courses – INR 1000/month
Ans: The application process for the Snehapoorvam Scholarship is typically online through the KSSM’s E-Suraksha portal. Applicants are required to submit various documents, including their Aadhaar card, income certificate, and academic transcripts.
Ans: For more information about the Snehapoorvam Scholarship, please visit the official KSSM website or contact their Snehapoorvam helpline at 1800 120 1001 or 0471-2341200.
We hope that this blog helped you give a complete overview of the Snehapoorvam Scholarship. To discover more Indian Scholarships like this, keep following Leverage Edu. Thank you for reading!