The full form of VAM is Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza. This term is used to describe a symbiotic association between phycomycetes fungi and angiosperm roots. Apart from this, VAM fungi can penetrate and enter the cortical cells of vascular tissues of plants and form an arbuscule. This helps the plant to extract nutritional components from the soil. Let us explore a bit more about VAM or Vesicular Arbuscular Mycorrhiza.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of DOD?
What is VAM Also Known As?
As mentioned above, VAM is also known as vesicular arbuscular mycorrhizae. It plays an essential role in absorbing nutrients in plants.
What is the Advantage of VAM?
Here are a few key advantages of VAM in plants:
- It improves the overall nutritional status of plants.
- It can foster the growth and development of plants by providing protection against diseases.
- VAM helps plants to increase their phosphorus which helps in energy production, root development, and cell division.
- VAM also helps plants extract zinc, copper, and sulfur by going deep into the solid using its hyphae.
- In some cases, it can also make plants resistant to intense drought and salinity.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of DBOD?
What is the Difference Between Arbuscular and Vesicular?
The difference between arbusculars and vesicles is that arbuscules are formed intracellularly and are armed with an absorptive function. On the other hand, the vesicles are swellings found in hyphae which are formed intercellularly. Their primary function is to offer storage.
What is VAM in Technology?
In the technology field, VAM stands for Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and Metaverse (VAM).
Popular Full Forms
This was all about the VAM full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.