The full form of PESO is the Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization (PESO). It was established on 5 September 1898 and was earlier known as the Department of Explosives. In simple words, PESO regulates and oversees the safety of hazardous substances including compressed gas, petroleum, and explosives. Over the years, the organization has become a truly remarkable example in areas relating to the manufacturing, storage, transportation, and handling of hazardous material.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of RSP?
Who Needs A PESO Certificate?
According to the guidelines laid by PESO, a PESO registration is required for all the products that must be explosion-proof. The list covers diverse categories such as gases, products for the mining, gas, and oil industries, and pressure vessels.
PESO Certificate Requirements
Before moving on, it is important to remember that the requirements to obtain a PESO certificate depend on the type of product for which the certificate is required. Nonetheless, here is a general overview of the same:
- Application: Submitting the application to the nearby PESO office is among the first few steps.
- Project report: Prepare a concise project report including detailed information about the incorporated safety measures, layout plans, etc.
- NOC: It is essential to obtain a No Objection Certiface (NOC) from the local fire department.
- Inspection: The local PESO office might conduct a thorough inspection of the place to ensure that it meets the required safety standards.
- Approval: Once the facility is approved, you will receive the PESO certificate.
Where is the Headquarter of Petroleum and Explosives Safety Organization?
PESO, a renowned regulatory body is headquartered at Nagpur, Maharashtra, India.
Popular Full Forms
This was all about the PESO full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.