The full form of DAE is the Department of Atomic Energy. It was established on August 3, 1954, under the Presidential Order of the Prime Minister. According to this aforementioned order, all business of the Indian government which are related to Atomic Energy and the functions of the Central Government (under the Atomic Energy Act, 1948) were directed to be conducted in the Department of Atomic Energy.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of DOD?
What is the Work of DAE?
The DAE has the directive to develop nuclear power technology. It includes numerous aspects such as
- Exploration, identification, and processing of uranium resources and atomic minerals.
- Production of nuclear fuel.
- Construction of nuclear power plants
- Reprocessing of nuclear fuel.
- Waste management.
- Production of heavy water.
Where is the Headquarters of DAE?
The DAE or Department of Atomic Energy is headquartered in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of DBOD?
DAE Research Centres
The Department of Atomic Energy consists of 6 research centres, located all over India.
|Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC)||Mumbai|
|Indira Gandhi Centre for Atomic Research (IGCAR)||Kalpakkam|
|Raja Ramanna Centre for Advanced Technology (RRCAT)||Indore|
|Variable Energy Cyclotron Centre (VECC)||Kolkata|
|Atomic Minerals Directorate for Exploration and Research (AMD)||Hyderabad|
|Global Centre for Nuclear Energy Partnership||Bahadurgarh|
What is the Atomic Energy Commission?
- The Atomic Energy Commission was set up in August 1948 in the Department of Scientific Research.
- Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru, the then Prime Minister of India, released the Government Resolution. It subsequently established the Atomic Energy Commission (AEC) under the DAE.
- According to this resolution, the Secretary to the Government of India in the DAE is the ex-officio Chairman of the Commission.
This was all about the DAE full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.