The full form of GMS is Google Mobile Services. It refers to a collection of applications and API, or Application Programming Interfaces, developed by Google. Moreover, GMS is required for Android smartphones and tablets. It should be remembered that GMS can be implemented into devices only if the manufacturer has obtained a license to use cloud-based applications. Additionally, these apps are offered to provide a seamless and integrated user experience, making Android devices more versatile. Continue reading to find out more interesting details.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of BSI?
Which Apps Require GMS?
Once permitted by Google, GMS apps and APIs can be included in the Android operating system. It offers a wide range of apps for navigation, communication, entertainment, productivity, and whatnot. Here are a few examples to give you a better understanding of the same:
- Google Search
- Google Maps
- Google Calendar
- Google Duo
- Google Photos
- Google Play Store
- Google Drive
- Chrome Browser
- Google Assistant
- Google Fit
Also Read: What is the Full Form of SCVT?
Advantages of GMS
Here are a few advantages of GMS:
- GMS provides seamless integration of Google’s apps and services.
- Users get access to a wide range of apps ranging from Google Maps to YouTube and Chrome browser.
- By receiving regular updates from Google, GMS apps ensure enhanced performance and security at all times.
- Users can enjoy data synchronization across multiple devices. This allows them to access contacts, emails, and photos from anywhere.
- With apps like Google Assistant, you can make use of voice commands. Similarly, Google Search helps with easy access to information, Google Maps offers navigation, and YouTube is your one-stop destination for endless entertainment.
This was all about the GMS full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.