The full form of W3C is the World Wide Web Consortium. It refers to an international organization established for the WWW or World Wide Web. The primary aim of W3C is to help the web reach its full potential by ensuring timely development and improvement. Apart from this, this international multi-stakeholder community also engages in developing software, outreach, and education, and serves as a forum for discussion.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of AE?
Who Founded W3C?
Tim Berners-Lee is the mastermind behind the founding of W3C in 1994 at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. The headquarters is located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States.
What is W3C Used For?
- In layman’s language, W3C or World Wide Web Consortium by designed to enhance the existing web standard by bringing together different geniuses of the tech and IT world.
- It also looks after developing protocols and guidelines to ensure the overall performance of the web.
- W3C further creates and sets web standards.
- It is also concerned with the growth and development of the web.
Also Read: What is the Full Form of KCET?
W3C standards are simply the wide range of programming languages as well as the generally accepted principles in web services such as:
- Common Gateway Interface (CGI)
- Extensible HTML (XHTML)
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Web Services Description Language (WSDL)
What is the Difference Between W3C and WWW?
The WWW is a platform that helps users access the required information and communicate over the Internet. On the other hand, the W3C is mainly accountable and responsible for developing effective technologies and protocols to make the web more secure and easily accessible.
Popular Full Forms
This was all about the W3C full form. If you want to read more such interesting full forms, stay connected with Leverage Edu.