The Union Public Service Commission conducts the UPSC ALC exam to hire the Assistant Labour Commissioner, Assistant Welfare Commissioner, Assistant Labour Welfare commissioner, and Assistant Director to the Ministry of Labour and Employment. Those who qualify for the examination are generally given higher pay. Read this blog to know about the UPSC ALC exam in detail.
|Position Name||Assistant Labour Commissioner, Assistant Welfare Commissioner, and other vacancies|
|Qualification type||Graduation, Post graduation|
|Last date of Application||28th October 2021|
|Last date for new vacancies||13 January 2022|
This Blog Includes:
The UPSC ALC exam pattern is as follows:
|Maximum Marks Allotted||300|
|Number of questions||120|
|Exam duration||2 hours|
|Negative marking||Yes-one third|
The UPSC ALC exam syllabus for the examination is as follows. You can get your UPSC ALC study material on the basis of the syllabus either online or offline.
|1||Social security laws and social work|
|4||Human resource development|
|5||Principal of natural justice|
|6||Trade union Act|
|7||Trade union movement|
Some questions for the UPSC ALC examination will be from the Labour laws Act. These are as follows.
|1||The Industrial Dispute Act of 1947|
|2||Payment of Wages Act,1936|
|3||The Minimum Wages Act, of 1948|
|4||Contract Labour Act, 1970 (Regulation & Abolition)|
|5||Payment of Gratuity Act, 1972|
|6||Child Labour (P & R) Act, 1986|
|7||Building & other construction workers (RE & CS) Act, 1986|
Other topics to be covered for the examination
|S.NO||Additional Topics To Be Covered|
|2.||Constitution of India|
|3.||General Mental Ability|
Also Read: How to prepare for UPSC Exam
The UPSC ALC eligibility criteria for the examination are as follows:
A diploma in either of the following courses is required:
|1||Diploma in social work|
|5||Labour Law from a recognized University|
|6||MBA in Human Resource Management|
|7||Human Resource Development.|
The maximum age limit to apply for the post of UPSC ALC examination is 35 years. The age relaxation for the respective categories is as follows:
|Ex-Servicemen/ Commissioned officers||5 yrs|
A degree in Law is a desirable qualification for the UPSC ALC examination:
The total number of vacancies for UPSC ALC examinations is:
|Post name||Total number of Vacancies|
|Assistant Labour Commissioner||49|
The selection process for the Union Public Service Commission Assistant Labour Commissioner follows mainly 2 steps:
- A written examination
The UPSC ALC question paper would be in English and Hindi. All those candidates who clear the written examination and the interview process are considered qualified for the position of ALC.
UPSC ALC Salary
The salary for the Assistant Labour commissioners is as follows:
|Basic salary||INR 20,000 to 40,000|
|Gross salary||Twice the basic salary including the allowances|
Also Read: UPSC Syllabus
To apply for the post of UPSC ALC you would need to follow this application process step by step
- Visit the official website of the Union Public Service Commission- www.upsc.gov.in
- Go to the careers/vacancy/recruitment page
- Click on Assistant Labour commissioner
- There you will find the online UPSC ALC form for the ALC examination. It will also include the latest 2022 vacancy notifications with PDF notifications.
- Click on apply and fill in your basic details such as educational qualification, and contact details
- Make sure you are applying for the position before the last date
- Finally pay the required fee either online or offline and upload your documents
- Your documents would include your photo and signature
- When you have successfully uploaded your documents and paid the fee your application will be accepted.
The application fees for the UPSC ALC examination as per category:
UPSC ALC Admits Card
All those candidates who have applied for the UPSC ALC examination can download their admit card by following the steps below:
- Visit the link- https://upsconline.nic.in
- Enter your details such as your Application ID number, and Date of Birth.
- Click on ‘submit’ to view your admit card
- Take a printout of the same to appear for the written examination
How to Check the Results?
You can check the results for the UPSC ALC examination by:
- Visiting the official website of the Union Public Service Commission.
- Do note that the results will be announced separately for each stage of the selection process
- Also, roll number of the qualified candidates will only be displayed on the website.
Also Read: Labour Law Courses
ALC full form is Assistant Labour commissioner. His/her duties involve the prevention and settlement of Industrial disputes, enforcement of labour laws, and establishing a relationship between the workers and management.
The CLS or the Central Labour Service cadre comes under organized group A of the civil services of India.
6.7 Lakhs is the average annual salary of ALC in India.
As of now, the UPSC ALC examination is over. The ALC exam date 2023 will be released on the official website. For more such UPSC ALC notifications, keep an eye on Leverage Edu, and don’t forget to follow us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Twitter.