Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) conducts examinations once a year for the recruitment of candidates for various posts in the organisation. Candidates need to pass the preliminary examination to apply for the IBPS Clerk Mains Examination.
The candidates can go through the overview to understand the level, category, and other relevant information for the IBPS Clerk Mains Examination.
|Conducting Authority||Institute of Banking Personnel|
|Name of the Examination||IBPS Clerk Mains|
|Stages of Examination||Prelims and Mains|
|Exam Frequency||Held once a year|
This Blog Includes:
IBPS Clerk Mains Notification
Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) has announced the details for the Clerical Cadre posts for 2022-23. Detailed information is given in this article ranging from the syllabus to eligibility criteria. The exam dates with the vacancies have been released on the official website. Read this blog completely for detailed information about the UPSC Clerk Mains exam.
IBPS Clerk Mains Application Process
Candidates can find the link to apply for the UPSC Clerk exam on the official IBPS website, i.e. ibps.in. The steps to be followed for the application completion are given here below:
Steps for Online Registration
This includes two parts. First register and then log in. It can be done online with ease. We have simplified the registration process for you below.
- Visit the official website, that is, ibps.in.
- The next step is to click on the notification mentioning “Online Registration for IBPS Clerk Mains 2022”
- You need to register using personal information. Your phone number, mail id, etc.
- Fill out all the personal details without making any error to complete the registration.
- After registration, a provisional ID and password will be sent to the candidate to further complete their application process.
- Next step is to login on the candidate portal. You will need to enter the provisional ID and password.
- Verify the Captcha to proceed forward and click on the login button.
- Fill out all the required details along with uploading the scanned documents and then pay the required application fees to complete the application process.
- Save the complete application and keep it for future reference.
Note: You must be vigilant and keep the date of application in mind and ensure completing the application before the last date. Only candidates with complete applications and payments accepted will be allowed to appear in the exam.
Also See: TJSB Exam 2022
IBPS Mains Clerk Application Fees
|Category||Application Fee (INR)|
|General and Other Category||850|
IBPS Mains Clerk Eligibility
Candidates can go through the criteria to know more about the required qualification as per the latest IBPS Clerks Main Exam notification. The details are mentioned below.
- A graduation certificate is mandatory from a recognised university.
- Candidates must have a valid mark sheet/ degree certificate which indicates the percentage of marks obtained while applying for the IBPS Clerk Mains.
IBPS Computer Literacy
- Candidates must know about computer systems.
- A certificate/diploma/degree in Computer Operations.
- Candidates must have studied Computer/Information Technology as one of the high school/college subjects.
- Candidates must be proficient in the official language of State/Union Territory.
Ex-Servicemen who do not possess the above mentioned qualification must have obtained an Army Special Certificate of Education or a certificate in the Navy or Air Force having served for not less than 15 years of Armed forces.
IBPS Clerk Age Limit
- Minimum Age Requirement- 20 years
- Maximum Age Requirement- 28 years
IBPS Mains Clerk Syllabus
We will now discuss the syllabus for the IBPS Mains examination. The following details about the subjects and chapters will help you prepare and complete your understanding of the examination. You can create an impressive strategy for yourself to prepare for the examination by knowing the syllabus.
|English Language||Spotting Errors, Phrase and Idioms, Active and Passive Voice, Verbs, Tenses, Homonyms, Synonyms, Antonyms, Spelling, and Word Formations, Passage Completion and Theme Detection in Reading Comprehensions, etc.|
|Numerical Ability and Quantitative Aptitude||Ratio and Proportion, Tables and Line Charts, Height and Distances, Logarithms, Simple and Compound Interest, Volumes and Surface Areas, Mixture and Allegations, Clocks, Stocks and Shares, Percentage, and all other numeric problems.|
|Reasoning||Analogy, Series Test, Alphabet Test, Series Tests, Statement and Arguments, Word Formations, Odd Figures Out, and Everything Related to Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning.|
|General Awareness||Everyday General Awareness, Current Affairs, An Overview of Financial Systems, History, Indian Banking Systems, Recent Credit and Monetary Policies, Banking Terms, and Important Government Schemes.|
Note: The syllabus for English language and numerical ability/ quantitative aptitude is the same for both main and preliminary examinations. There’s an addition of Reasoning, General awareness (based on banking sector awareness), and computer knowledge.
IBPS Clerk Mains Exam Pattern
The IBPS Clerk Mains is held after the completion of the preliminary examination. This is the pattern for the IBPS Clerk Main Examination. You can know about the duration and pattern of the examination down below.
|Subject||Number of Questions||Marks||Duration (Minutes)|
IBPS has announced a total of 6050 vacancies.
There is a negative marking of 0.25 for any wrong answer.
Only 4 attempts are allowed for clearing the IBPS Mains exam.
Candidates can go through our blogs and find everything they need to know about the examinations. For more updates on the upcoming exams, visit Leverage Edu, and follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn.