For many students securing a job in the country’s largest bank, the State Bank of India is a dream come true. Bank jobs are among the most in-demand jobs in the country. SBI plans to hire 2056 probationary officers this year. Every year, the State Bank of India hires suitable applicants for the position of probationary officers through a recruitment procedure. We’ve covered everything you need to know about the SBI PO exam in this blog.
SBI PO Exam 2022 Exam Highlights
|Conducting Authority||State Bank of India (SBI)|
|Post||Probationary Officer (PO)|
|Frequency of exam||Annually|
|Exam stages||3 Stages 1. Preliminary Exam 2. Mains Exam 3. GD and Interview|
|Language||English and Hindi|
This Blog Includes:
- SBI PO Exam 2022 Exam Highlights
- SBI PO Exam 2022 Recruitment Latest Updates
- What’s New in SBI PO 2022?
- What is SBI PO?
- SBI PO Exam Date 2022
- SBI PO Vacancies 2022
- SBI PO 2022 Eligibility
- Application Process for SBI PO Exam 2022?
- SBI PO Admit Card 2022
- SBI PO Exam Centers
- SBI PO 2022 Fees
- SBI PO Syllabus 2022
- SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022
- SBI PO Exam 2022 – Cutoffs
- SBI PO Exam 2022 – Selection Process
- How to Check SBI PO Exam Result?
- SBI PO Salary & Job Profile 2022
- SBI PO Exam Recommended Book
- SBI PO Exam Preparation Tips
- SBI PO Exam Analysis
SBI PO Exam 2022 Recruitment Latest Updates
Applicants who appeared for SBI PO Mains exam in 2021 and in January 2022 are now able to access the result on the main website of SBI. Shortlisted candidates can now appear for interview round.
What’s New in SBI PO 2022?
Every year there are slight changes in SBI PO exam, in 2022 the authorities have introduced that phase 2 will consist of either interview round or GD and interview round. This change is made in order to ensure covid-19 protocols and social distancing is followed. Another major change is that there is no application fee for students belonging to SC/ST/PWD category students.
What is SBI PO?
The State Bank of India Probationary Officer is the full form of SBI PO. SBI PO Exam is an annual officer recruitment exam held by the State Bank of India for a variety of positions throughout its branches. The SBI PO Exam is an Objective style exam that is held at various locations around the country. The manner of examination is online. State Bank of India, the organizing authority, is India’s largest commercial bank, with over 2,00,000 branches across the country. Because the organization’s legacy and brand reputation are so important, they make no compromises when it comes to hiring leaders who will lead them in the future.
SBI PO Exam Date 2022
The following are all of the crucial dates for the SBI PO Exam 2022:
|Particulars||SBI PO Upcoming Exam Dates (Tentative)|
|Issue of Notification||April 2022|
|Last date for the Online Application||April 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card (Prelims)||To be declared|
|Prelims Examination||June 2022|
|Availability of Admit Card (Mains)||To be declared|
|Declaration of Mains Examination||August 2022|
|Availability of Call Letters (GD & PI)||To be declared|
|Commencement of GD and PI||To be declared|
|Final result declaration||To be declared|
Also Read: SBI PO Syllabus 2022
SBI PO Vacancies 2022
The number of vacancies for various types of candidates who can appear in the SBI PO exam is listed below.
Physically Fit Candidates
|Categories||No of Vacancies (Tentative)|
|Other Backward Classes – Non-Creamy Layer||540|
|Economically Weaker Section||200|
Physically Handicapped / Person with Disability Candidates
|Categories||No of Vacancies (Tentative)|
|Learning Disabilities (DL)||20|
|Visual Impairment (VI)||20|
|Hearing Impairment (HI)||69|
|Mental Illness & Multiple Disabilities||27|
SBI PO 2022 Eligibility
To be eligible for the SBI PO Exam, the candidate must meet the following two requirements:
- Age Limit (as of 01.04.2022): Candidates must be between the ages of 21 and 30 as of 01.04.2022, i.e. they must have been born between the dates of 02.04.1991 and 01.04.2000. (both dates inclusive)
- Educational Qualifications (as of December 31, 2012): The candidate must be a graduate of any discipline from a recognized university or possess an equivalent qualification recognized by the Central Government. Those in their final year/semester of study may also apply provisionally, subject to the requirement that, if invited for an interview, they present proof of passing the graduation exams on or before July 1, 2022. Candidates who hold an Integrated Dual Degree (IDD) certificate must guarantee that their IDD was completed on or before August 31, 2021. Candidates who hold a Chartered Accountant certificate are also eligible to apply.
Also Read: SBI Clerk
Application Process for SBI PO Exam 2022?
Follow the steps outlined here to apply for the SBI PO Exam 2022:
- Visit the website of SBI https://bank.sbi/web/careers
- From the drop-down menu, select the Careers option.
- Open the Application Form under current openings.
- Fill in all of the essential information to register.
- Log in to the portal with the Registration No. and Password provided in the registered email address.
- In the Application Form, carefully fill in all of the essential information.
- Fill up the blanks with your passport photo and signature.
- Recheck the form after you’ve completed it to make any necessary edits.
- To submit the application form, you must pay the application cost.
- Take a printout of the e-Receipt and Application form after paying the requisite fees for future reference.
SBI PO Admit Card 2022
Applicants can download the admit card from the official website of SBI. Here’s a step-by-step process to download the admit card:
- Visit the official website and go to Current Openings sections
- Click on the “SBI PO 2022 Recruitment” tab and then on admit card notification
- Enter your registration number & password
- Your SBI PO 2022 admit card will be displayed on the screen.
SBI PO Exam Centers
SBI PO 2022 Fees
The pricing structure for applying for an SBI PO online is broken down into categories below. After fees/intimation charges have been paid, they cannot be returned or held in reserve for any subsequent examination or selection. SC/ST/PWD applicants pay no application fee, while General and other candidates pay Rs. 750. The entire application fee must be paid online.
|General / Unreserved||INR 750/-|
|Other Backward Classes (Non-Creamy Layer)||INR 750/-|
|Economically Weaker Section||INR 700/-|
|SC / ST / PWD||NIL|
SBI PO Syllabus 2022
In terms of the syllabus, the SBI PO Exam covers a wide spectrum. Questions come from a variety of sources that are appropriate for the banking exam. Section-by-section syllabuses are supplied below for your convenience.
|English Langauge||Noun, Pronoun, Linking Verbs, Adjectives, Prepositions, Spelling Test, Comprehension, Adverbs, Active and Passive Voice, Fillers, Synonyms, Antonyms, One-word substitution, Comprehension|
|Quantitative Aptitude||Time, Speed, and Distance, Time and Work, Number System, Profit and Loss, Average, Time, Speed, and Distance, Time and Work, Simple Interest, Compound Interest, Percentage, Mensuration, LCM and HCF, Allegation Mixture, and Ratio and Proportion are all terms used in mathematics.|
|Reasoning Ability||Analogy, Classification Syllogism, Word Formation, Statement and Assumption, Series, Sitting Arrangement, Venn Diagrams, Calendar and Time, Missing Character, Blood Relations, Conclusions and Arguments, Coding-Decoding Completion of the Classification Series, Direction Sense Test, and Ranking Test|
|Data Analysis and Interpretation||Pie Charts, Bar Graphs, Line Graphs, Tabular Graphs, Case Lets, Radar Graphs, Data Sufficiency, and Probability are all examples of permutation combinations.|
|General Economics and Banking Awareness||Non-Performing Assets, Micro Economics, Macro Economics Roles, Types, Risks, and Characteristics of the Banking Sector Financial Awareness, Basic Accounting, Investments, Risk Markets, Oligopoly and Monopoly, Liquidity, Insurance Securities, and Exchange Boards are some of the topics covered in this course.|
SBI PO Exam Pattern 2022
We have mentioned the latest 2022 exam pattern for the SBI PO exam for both Prelims as well as the main exams below.
The portions of the SBI PO Prelims Exam Pattern are as follows:
|Name of the Section||No of Questions||Marks||Duration|
|English Language||30||30 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Quantitative Aptitude||35||35 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Reasoning Ability||35||35 x 1||20 Minutes|
|Total||100 Questions||100 Marks||1 hour|
Every successful candidate will be eligible to sit for the SBI PO Mains Examination after passing the SBI PO Preliminary Examination. The examination, as the name implies, will be the final criterion for determining whether or not a student is eligible for the Personal Interview.
|Mode of Examination||Online Computer Based Test Mode|
|Type of Questions||155 MCQs + 2 Descriptive Questions|
|Number of Questions||157 Questions|
|Total Weightage||230 Marks|
|Duration of Examination||3 and a half hours and 30 minutes (210 Minutes)|
|Negative Marking Criteria||For each incorrect response, a 0.25 deduction is applied.|
SBI PO Exam 2022 – Cutoffs
Lakhs of students apply for SBI PO exam, and in order to qualify for the next round students have to score more or the qualifying marks.
|Category||Cutoff (Prelims) out of 100||Cutoff (Mains) out of 200||Final Cutoff out of 100|
SBI PO Exam 2022 – Selection Process
SBI PO authorities shortlist candidates at every stage, here are stepwise selection process of SBI PO Exam:
- All candidates have to appear for prelimiary exams in order to qualify for the next round, based on the result merit list is prepared
- All the candidates selected have to appear for Mains Examination and again merit list will be released
- After SBI PO Prelims and SBI PO Mains Examination and got their Call Letter for the GD / PI will be eligible for this round
- After successfully qualifying in all the stages, the SBI PO authority will finalize the list of qualified candidates who will join the Bank as Probationary Office
How to Check SBI PO Exam Result?
Follow the steps below to check your SBI PO Exam Results:
- Visit any of the official websites of the SBI PO Exam –https://sbi.co.in/
- Go to the Career tab on the website.
- The tab searches the career for the Result Announcement.
- When you find the link, click it to open a new window.
- Submit your Registration No. / Roll No. and Password / D.O.B. in that portal.
- Your result will appear on your device screen once you have entered all of the relevant information. It is recommended that you save it to your computer and print it for future reference.
SBI PO Salary & Job Profile 2022
The SBI PO basic salary ranges between Rs. 41960-980 (7) – 48820 – 1145 (2) – 51110 – 1310 (7) – 60280 as applicable for Junior Management Grade Scale I. The starting basic pay will be Rs. Rs.27,620/- with 4 advance increments. Here’s the basic pay structure:
|Basic Pay||INR 41,960/-|
|1st Increment||Increment of Rs. 980/- for the next 7 years|
|2nd Increment||Increment of Rs. 1145/- for the next 2 years|
|3rd Increment||Increment of Rs. 1310/- for the next 7 years|
SBI PO Exam Recommended Book
There are plenty of books available online and offline for SBI PO exam. Here are some of the best books that will help you with revision, sample papers and latest exam pattern of SBI PO.
- SBI Bank PO 14 Year-wise Preliminary & Mains Solved Papers (2020-13) 2nd Edition by Disha Experts
- SBI PO Prelims & Mains Solved Papers [Year-wise] with 6 Online Practice Tests by LearnX
- Comprehensive Guide to SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exam with 5 Online Tests (10th Edition) by Disha Experts
- Adda247 – SBI PO Prelims 2021 Books Kit (Set of 3 English Printed books) English | Reasoning | Quant by Adda247 Publications
- Target SBI Bank PO Preliminary & Main Exams – 20 Practice Sets + Past Papers (2020-15) – 10th Edition by Disha Experts
SBI PO Exam Preparation Tips
- There is negative marking in SBI PO exam, students should avoid any guess work
- If you are stuck in any question don’t waste your time and move to next question because you have limited time
- Watch helpful short videos for preparation and practice with mock test and previous year sample paper
- Be clear with your basic concepts and formulas
SBI PO Exam Analysis
The initial basic salary of SBI Probationary Officer is Rs 41,960
Any graduate or equivalent from a recognized university can apply for the PO post in SBI
There is no percentage criteria and 10th and 12th marks and are not considered.
No, it is not compulsory.
We hope that this blog has given you all of the information you need about the SBI PO Exam. Contact Leverage Edu experts to help you select a suitable course that suits your desires, goals and provides you with the requisite knowledge and skills required to kick-start your career.