Mathematics is an indispensable part of the entrance exam scene. Be it bank exams, government exams, medical, engineering, or even law; a significant amount of marks is allotted for Mathematics. Therefore to solve the problems with great speed and accuracy is a necessary skill to develop. This however requires rigorous practice, clear understanding of the subject matter. There are plenty of books that’ll provide a very good understanding of concepts, strengthen your base and supplement your learning with numerous practice problems. Here is a list of Maths books for competitive exams that’ll get you to the top of your game.
This Blog Includes:
- List of Most Popular Maths Books for Competitive Exams
- Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
- Handbook of Mathematics by Arihant Experts
- For Competitive Exams Vedic Mathematics by Ramnandan Shastri
- Objective Arithmetic (SSC & Railway Exam Special) by R.S Aggarwal
- Arithmetic Subjective and Objective for Competitive Examination
- Maths Books for CAT Exam
- Maths Books for Engineering Entrance Exams
- List of Mathematics Books for SSC
- List of Mathematics Books for Bank Exams
List of Most Popular Maths Books for Competitive Exams
Following is the list of the popular Maths books for competitive exams:
- Fast track objective arithmetic (Buy here)
- Handbook of Mathematics by Arihant experts (Buy here)
- For Competitive Exams Vedic Mathematics by Ramnandan Shastri (Buy here)
- Objective Arithmetic (SSC & Railway Exam Special) by R.S Aggarwal (Buy here)
- Arithmetic Subjective and Objective for Competitive Examination (Buy here)
- Teach Yourself Quantitative Aptitude by Arun Sharma (Buy here)
- The Pearson Guide To Quantitative Aptitude For Competitive Examination by Dinesh Khattar (Buy here)
- Wiley’s Quantitative Aptitude Book (Buy here)
- Quantitative Aptitude for all Competitive Exam (Buy here)
- Quantitative aptitude quantum CAT 2018 (Sarvesh K Verma) (Buy here)
Also Read: Best General Knowledge Books
Fast Track Objective Arithmetic
This book has been a go-to choice for students preparing for their banking, hotel management, public service, railways, and other entrance exams. It has proven to be very useful at various levels by many topers. Since most of the exams are MCQs, it covers various objective questions with solutions as well as tips and tricks on how you can solve sums faster. Additionally, it includes questions of varying levels of difficulty; from regular to difficult. This helps you practice and master the regular questions before moving to difficult ones. This 850 pages long book provides sufficient practice to ace any entrance test.
Handbook of Mathematics by Arihant Experts
Arihant is a trusted publication when it comes to providing competitive exam prep material. This book covers various important concepts from class 10th and 12th. This is a consolidated handbook and therefore makes it an excellent material for entrance preparation after schooling. It is also immensely helpful for students in their school who are preparing for their board exams or olympiads, before appearing for various competitive exams.
For Competitive Exams Vedic Mathematics by Ramnandan Shastri
In competitive exams, it is vital to learn various tricks and tips to reach the answer speedily. Vedic Maths helps you do just that. This book can help you improve your calculation speed and accuracy with the help of certain methods in Vedic Maths. Students preparing for their CAT, MAT, and bank PO exams where you must solve maximum questions in minimum time. The 120-page book has plenty of tricks that will speed up your calculation without hampering the process of getting the result.
Objective Arithmetic (SSC & Railway Exam Special) by R.S Aggarwal
Another one in the list of most popular Maths books for competitive exams is Objective Arithmetic by RS Aggarwal. It is apt for those who are preparing for their SSC and railway examinations. Apart from several practice questions, this book also supplements a special section comprising questions from previous examinations. This is extremely beneficial because it helps you understand the type of questions, recent trends, and patterns usually asked in the competitive exams. This book also includes complete answers with solutions.
Arithmetic Subjective and Objective for Competitive Examination
This is another excellent choice of book that will help you prepare for a wide range of competitive exams. It includes both subjective as well as objective questions. The concepts are very lucidly explained that’ll help you strengthen your basic understanding of the topics. The book comprises 600 pages and provides enough practise that’ll help you ace your exam.
Maths Books for CAT Exam
Following is the list of popular Maths books for CAT exams:
- Quantitative aptitude quantum CAT by Arihant- Buy here
- The Pearson Guide to Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT: Nishit K Sinha – Buy here
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations Abhijit Guha – Buy here
- How to Prepare for Quantitative Aptitude for the CAT Arun Sharma – Buy here
- NCERT Mathematics Books (Class 6 to 10) – Buy here
Must Read: Best of Public Administration Books
Maths Books for Engineering Entrance Exams
Given below is the list of Maths books for engineering exams.
- Objective Mathematics for Engineering Entrance Exams, R.S Aggarwal – Buy here
- NCERT exemplar problems and solutions, Arihant – Buy here
- Mathematics for JEE main, J Teewani – Buy here
List of Mathematics Books for SSC
In this section, we shall list down a few books, students preparing for SSC can use to enhance their preparation-
- Mathematics Aptitude Buy here
- Objective Arithmetic by RS Aggarwal – Buy here
- Quantitative Aptitude – Buy here
- SSC Mathematics – Buy here
List of Mathematics Books for Bank Exams
In this section of the blog, we have listed down books for students preparing for bank exams. Bank exams are conducted on a national level with a large number of aspirants appearing for it every year. Have a look at the list of books, you should refer to if preparing for Bank Exams-
- Objective Arithmetics – Buy here
- Fast Track Objective Mathematics – Buy here
- Quantitative Aptitude – Buy here
Also Read: List of Popular History Books
This was all about Maths books for competitive exams. We hope you find this blog helpful. For more educational content subscribe to Leverage Edu and get in touch with our experts for guidance!.