Ever thought of becoming a teacher? Teaching and shape young minds is a very powerful job. It comes with responsibility, and its own fun and fulfilment. Teachers do more than teach as their impact extends to the life of their students. In order to become a teacher, you must be trained as per the country’s standards depending on the subject that you want to teach. One such level is taught at Junior Basic Training or JBT Course. Let us know more about it!
This Blog Includes:
JBT Course Overview
|Examination Type||Semester type|
|Admission Process||Merit-based or Entrance-based|
|Top recruiting organizations||Top Schools and Universities|
|Top recruiting areas||Colleges and Universities, Coaching Centers, Libraries, Children Care Centers, Home Tutoring, Government Offices, Sport Centres|
|Top job profiles||Teacher, Counsellor, Teacher Assistant, Education administrator, Librarian, Childcare worker, Social Worker, Coach, Public Relation Specialist|
|Course Fee||INR 1,000 to 2 lakhs|
|Average Starting Salary||INR 2 to 15 lakhs|
What is the JBT course?
Junior Basic Training is a Diploma level Educational course, which is a course for teacher’s training. It is a two-year four-semester course. After completing the Diploma course students are employed in schools to teach elementary school students. To do the JBT course, there are some colleges that offer admission to students based on their academic performance, and some institutes even conduct an entrance examination. If we compare JBT to B.Ed, the JBT course takes less amount of time while B. Ed takes three years to complete the course work.
JBT Admission 2021: Entrance Exam Schedule
The tentative schedule for the entrance exam for JBT course admission 2021 ar given below:
|Exams||Registration Starts||Exam Dates|
|CUCET||March 16, 2021||September 18, 2021|
|IPU CET||March 5, 2021||April 20, 2021|
|BCECE||June 10, 2021||October 10, 2021|
|BHU PET||February 2021||April 2021|
|VEE||April 30, 2021||May 13, 2021|
|LPUNEST||April 20, 2021||July 30, 2021|
JBT Admission Process
Admission to the JBT course can be taken in two ways: merit-based and entrance based. Let us know more about that.
Here are the steps of the admission process through merit.
- Go on the online application portal and register by entering details like name, date of birth, mobile number, e-mail id, etc. After the registration is completed, students will be given their login credentials.
- Students will have to fill the application form with their basic details like gender, address, subject, marks, etc.
- Upload the scanned copies of the documents like marksheet, etc.
- Candidates need to pay the application fee.
- Once all the registration and payments are done, the college will decide and publish the names of the students granted admission.
Also Read: 20+ TTC Courses in 2021
Here are the steps of the admission process through entrances.
- You need to register providing their email address, mobile number, and password after which a login id will be created.
- Once the login ID is generated, you must fill up the online form by giving personal and academic details. The course needs to be selected for which you want to give the test.
- You must upload all the scanned documents like photograph, signature, photo ID proof, class 10th and 12th certificate, etc.
- Next, you must pay the application fees using a credit card, debit card or net banking.
- After successfully paying the application fee, save and download the form.
- Based on the record of details submitted, admit cards will be issued to the eligible students.
- After getting the admit card, exam dates are released by different conducting bodies. You need to then sit for the exam and qualify it to get an admission successfully, and admission is granted on the basis of the marks scored.
Eligibility Criteria for JBT Course
There are certain eligibility criteria to appear for the JBT course exam. There are mentioned below:
- You must have passed class 12th examinations from a recognized board with at least 50%.
- Graduates willing to pursue a JBT course must have cleared their examination with 45%.
Best Colleges for JBT Course in India
|College||Admission Procedure||Final Selection|
|Lady Shri Ram College||Merit basis||Personal Interview|
|Miranda House College||Entrance based||Personal Interview|
|Presidency University||Merit basis||Direct|
|Hansraj College||Entrance based||On CET score|
|Christ University||Merit basis||Direct|
|Ramjas College||Merit basis||Direct|
|Manipal Academy of Higher Education||Entrance based||Personal Interview|
Syllabus for JBT Course
|Foundations Courses||Education in Emerging Indian|
|Understanding the Child and the Learning Process (Educational Psychology)|
|Educational Management at Elementary Level|
|Education for Peace, Value, Environment and Human Rights|
|Teaching of Hindi|
|Teaching of Social Studies|
|Teaching of Environmental Science|
|Teaching of Mathematics|
|Teaching of English|
|Health & Physical Education Yoga|
|Sessional Work (PET/Yoga)|
|Art Education & Work Experience (Theory & Practical)|
|Pedagogical Courses||Teaching of Mother Tongue (Hindi)|
|Teaching of English Language|
|Teaching of Mathematics|
|Teaching of Environmental Studies (Sciences)|
|Teaching of Environmental Studies (Social-Studies)|
|Teaching of Work Experience|
|Teaching of Art Education|
|Teaching of Health and Physical Education|
|Practical Work||Co-curricular Activities|
Skills Required to Pursue JBT Course
Here are the skills required to pursue the JBT course:
- Classroom management
- Professional management
- Student learning
- Subject knowledge
- Instructional skills
- Leadership skills
- Listening skills
- Communication skills
Also Read: Teacher Training Courses & Universities
Ans. The top employment areas for JBT are Research Institute, School, Primary School, and Educational Centre.
Ans. The duration of JBT is two years.
Ans. The average salary for an entry-level job is INR 35,000 and above per month.
Ans. Candidates can opt for Ph.D. and Postdoctoral afterwards.