Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC, Pune) is India’s leading medical institute, recognized for its educational and research excellence. Undergraduate and postgraduate medical and nursing students are trained and taught at the college, with guaranteed employment opportunities in the defense services. The institute was established on May 1, 1948, as a result of the BC Roy Committee’s recommendations and the unification of several defense medical organizations. The AFMC’s “Graduate Wing” was created on August 4, 1962, to ensure a consistent supply of medical officers for the Indian Armed Forces. The institute is currently connected with the Maharashtra University of Health Sciences and is accredited by the Medical Council of India to offer undergraduate and postgraduate medical degrees to aspiring candidates. Let’s explore about AFMC Exam details.
|College Name||Armed Forces Medical College (AFMC)|
|Popular courses||BSc, MBBS|
This Blog Includes:
- AFMC Nursing 2022 Details
- AFMC Nursing Application Form Details
- AFMC Nursing Application Fees
- AFMC Nursing Eligibility Criteria
- AFMC Nursing Exam Pattern
- AFMC Nursing Syllabus
- AFMC MBBS 2022 Details
- AFMC MBBS Application Form Details
- AFMC Admission Process
- AFMC MBBS Screening Process 2022
- AFMC MBBS Cut Off
- AFMC MBBS Application Fees
- AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- AFMC MBBS ToELR Exam Pattern
- AFMC MBBS Merit List
AFMC Nursing 2022 Details
|Events||Dates 2022 (Tentative)|
|Release of Notification||March 2022|
|Availability of application form||3rd week of March 2022|
|Last date of application submission||2nd week of April 2022|
|Availability of admit card||2nd week of April 2022|
|AFMC Nursing 2022 exam date||3rd week of April 2022|
|Announcement of result||1st week of May 2022|
|Interview dates||In June 2022|
AFMC Nursing Application Form Details
- The AFMC Nursing 2022 application form will be released in the third week of March 2022.
- Candidates will be able to fill out an application form online.
- Students interested in AFMC nursing must complete several procedures, including online registration, application form completion, uploading of images/documents, payment of the application cost, and form printing.
- Students must fill out the application form completely and correctly, as no changes can be made after the form has been submitted.
- Candidates have until the second week of April 2022 to submit their application forms.
- Candidates must take a printout of their application form after submitting it for future reference.
AFMC Nursing Application Fees
- Applicants in all categories must pay a fee of Rs.750.
- It is not possible to get a refund for the application fee.
- Candidates can pay the application cost using a debit/credit card or net banking option.
AFMC Nursing Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Applicants must be Indian nationals or citizens.
- Age Criteria: Students born between the 1st of October 1997 and the 30th of September 2005 (both days inclusive) are eligible to apply for the examination.
- Gender: Only single, divorced, legally separated, or widowed female candidates without encumbrances are permitted to apply.
- Qualifications: Applicants must have completed 10th and 12th grade or its equivalent from a recognized board or university (in the first attempt).
- Qualifying Subjects: Students must have received not less than 50% aggregate marks in Physics, Biology, Chemistry (Botany and Zoology), and English from a recognized board. Students who are in their final year of study are eligible to apply.
- Medical Requirements: Medical norms for candidate selection will be decided by the standards applicable to Commission in the Armed Forces. Females must be at least 152cm tall (148cm for Gorkhas/North East candidates/Garhwal & Kumaon candidates).
AFMC Nursing Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The paper will be conducted using a computer-based test (CBT).
- Number of Questions: 150 questions.
- Types of Questions: The paper will include objective questions.
- Time Limit: The paper will be 90 minutes long.
- Maximum Marks The paper will be a total of 150 marks.
- Subjects: Questions will be asked from three different subjects: general English, general intelligence, and science (Biology, Chemistry, and Physics).
- Marking Scheme: One mark for every correct answer.
- Negative marking: No negative marking.
AFMC Nursing Syllabus
- Physics: Work, energy and power, introduction and measurement, oscillation, electrostatics, magnetism, magnetic effect of current, atom, molecules, and nuclei, electrons, and photons, electromagnetic induction and alternating currents, ray optics and optical instrument, current electricity, electromagnetic waves, gravitation, rotational motion, etc.
- Biology: Diversity in the living world, genetic evolution, ecology and environment, reproduction and development in humans, biology and human welfare, structure and functions of plants, structure, and function – of animals, etc.
- Chemistry: Some basic concepts of chemistry, atomic structure, chemical thermodynamics, chemical energy, state of matter, solutions, redox reactions, electrochemistry, surface chemistry, hydrogen, chemical kinetics, classifications of elements, and periodicity in properties, chemical bonding, etc.
AFMC MBBS 2022 Details
|Commencement of Registration Process||2nd week of May 2022|
|Last date to submit the application form||4th week of May 2022|
|Merit list publication||2nd week of July 2022|
|Screening procedure||2nd week of July 2022|
|Final shortlisted candidates list||3rd week of July 2022|
|Screening shortlisted list||4th week of July 2022|
|Reporting||1st week of August 2022|
|Admission begins||2ndweek of August 2022|
AFMC MBBS Application Form Details
- The application form will be made available online by the AFMC, Pune.
- From the second week of May 2022, candidates will be able to fill out the application form.
- Candidates must validate their eligibility before filling out the application form because it will only be provided to approved candidates.
- Candidates must complete the application form with accurate information; any changes to the application form will result in its rejection.
- The application form must be submitted before the deadline since no candidates will be permitted to submit the form after that date.
- The application form must be submitted by the 4th week of July 2022.
- Candidates should print a copy of their completed application form and fee receipt for future reference.
AFMC Admission Process
Candidates who are shortlisted based on NEET will be invited to an AFMC-conducted Test of English Language, Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning (ToELR) and interview. Those who pass the exam will be considered for the interview phase. The NEET/ Written Exam/ Interview scores will be used to make the final decision. Written ToELR+ NEET+ Interview marks will be used to calculate a final score. At the time of the MBBS Entrance Exam, applicants must carry their AFMC Admit Card 2022.
AFMC MBBS Screening Process 2022
The screening procedure will be broken down into the following steps:
- Document identification and verification
- Psychological Assessment Test of English Language Comprehension, Logic, and Reasoning (ToELR) (PAT)
- Medical Examination & Medical Board Interview by the Board of Officers
AFMC MBBS Cut Off
To be considered for the AFMC screening procedure, the candidate must get the minimum cut-off scores in NEET 2022. Separate cut-off marks for boys and girls will be released by the organization. The AFMC Screening 2022 Cut Off will be released on the official website soon. Since then, aspirants can refer to the table below for last year’s AFMC MBBS 2022 Entrance Exam cut off marks:
|Gender||Cut Off Marks|
AFMC MBBS Application Fees
Only the offline approach is available for submitting the AFMC MBBS 2022 Application Form. Candidates must pay a charge of Rs.250 as an application fee.
AFMC MBBS Eligibility Criteria
- Nationality: Candidates who have been granted Indian citizenship, whether they are Indian or foreign nationals, are eligible to apply.
- Qualification: Candidates must have passed the 10+2 intermediate exam in one attempt from any recognized board.
- Percentage: Candidates must have received at least 60% in PCB and 50% in English and science subjects to be considered.
- Mandatory Subject: In the qualifying test, candidates must take Physics, Chemistry, Biology, and English as compulsory courses.
- Candidate’s marital status: Applicants must be single.
- Age Limit: Candidates must have been born between the 1st of January 1999 and the 31st of December 2005 to be eligible.
AFMC MBBS ToELR Exam Pattern
- Exam Mode: The exam will be conducted in CBT (computer-based test/online) format.
- Questions Type: Multiple Choice Questions will be included on the question paper (MCQ).
- A total number of questions: The question paper will contain a total of 40 questions.
- Exam Time: Candidates will have 30 minutes to answer the questions on the exam paper.
- Marking scheme: Each correct answer will receive 2 points, while each incorrect answer will receive 0.5 points.
AFMC MBBS Merit List
The tentative exam dates and other crucial dates for the AFMC merit list are shown below:
|Initial Merit List of AFMC MBBS||Available Soon|
|AFMC MBBS Screening Test||Available Soon|
|Final Merit List||Available Soon|
How To Download AFMC MBBS Merit List?
Candidates must follow the following measures to get the Armed Forces Medical College MBBS merit list:
- Select ‘AFMC MBBS Merit List’ from the drop-down menu (to be provided as and when released)
- On the screen, a new page will display.
- To view the AFMC MBBS merit list in pdf format, click here.
- To locate your roll number and name, use Ctrl+F.
- Save the merit list on your computer for future use.
The average annual salary for an Indian Army Doctor is $15,53,262. The Indian Army pays doctors between $10,59,038 to $19,11,324 per year.
AFMC provides nearly free education to its students, with no messing or boarding fees. It also provides students with a variety of allowances and awards, including a travel stipend for a home during vacations.
Candidates must take the NEET (UG) test to be considered for admission to the AFMC MBBS program. Selected candidates will also be required to take the AFMC’s ToELR (test of English language, comprehension, and logic reasoning). This is a national admissions process that takes place every year.
To get admission to the AFMC College, you must take the NEET entrance exam.
The major authority in charge of this college is the Indian Armed Forces. AFMC has 130 MBBS seats available, with 10 reserved for SC/ST students (105 seats for boys and 25 seats for girls). For 2021, the NEET cutoff was 615/720 for boys and 627/720 for girls.
This was all about AFMC Exam 2022. For the latest updates on various competitive exams, stay tuned to Leverage Edu.