Do luxury brands fascinate you? Do you like international brands and their approach to designing trendy clothes? Do you find yourself staring at those “VOGUE” issues? If yes, then a Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing might be the right choice for you. This diploma program will prepare you with the skills and knowledge required for a fruitful career in the worldwide fashion industry. Read on to know more about this program, top universities, eligibility, career scope and salary.
This Blog Includes:
Overview of Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing
Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing is a 1-2 year program that prepares you to work in the international market. The course will equip you with creative development including designing, technical and professional skills. Industry exposure with mandatory internships at big fashion companies is also a part of this program to provide practical experience to the students.
Top Universities Abroad
Here is a list of some of the best universities offering Postgraduate diplomas in Fashion Designing Abroad:
|Cardiff Metropolitan University||UK|
|University of the Arts London||UK|
|George Brown College||Canada|
Top Colleges in India
The following institutes in India have the best Postgraduate diploma in Fashion Designing or related courses:
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Mumbai
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Bangalore
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Delhi
- National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT), Chennai
- Pearl Academy, Delhi
The entry requirements will vary for different universities as mentioned above. However, a general criterion for admission is as mentioned:
- You must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, management, textile or related fields from a recognized University
- You must prove your English Language proficiency through IELTS, TOEFL or PTE
English Language Requirements
Listed below are the minimum IELTS score requirements:
How to Apply?
You can start the application process by reaching out to Leverage Edu Experts as we will help you with the application process, from start to finish.
- We will help you select your Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing course through our trusted AI Course Finder.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with your application process at the respective university.
- Documents such as SOPs, Essays, LORs and IELTS, TOEFL etc. are an important part of your university application. So you’ll have to gather and compile all the necessary documents.
- Experts at Leverage Edu will then start with the application process for accommodation, student visas, and scholarships/student loans after submitting your application and the required documents.
- The time has come to wait for your offer letter which usually takes around 4-6 weeks.
Here’s a list of the documents required for pursuing an MA in Social Policy at any of the above-mentioned universities:
- All official academic Transcripts and diplomas if any
- Updated CV/Resume
- English Language Proficiency Test Scores
- Letter of Recommendations
- Statement of Purpose
- TB Test Certificate for UK Universities
- Financial Evidence
- Portfolio of work experience in Fashion
Cost of Studying Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing Abroad
The cost abroad will vary for different countries and universities. However, the average cost of tuition fees is INR 15-20 Lakh per annum.
Also Read: How to become a fashion designer?
With this degree, you can become a full-fledged fashion designer. There are opportunities to work with leading brands on various projects, from fashion wear to textile design. While you can also find job opportunities to work as the following:
- Fashion Consultant
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Illustrator
With each passing day, the world is becoming more fashionable, hence the demand for fashion graduates is also increasing with a promising career. You can also start your own fashion business and be self-employed.
The salary for a graduate varies for different areas and roles. However, your earning potential can also increase with the right amount of experience. The average annual salary for those with a Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing is INR 27-30 Lakh.
You must obtain a Bachelor’s degree in fashion design, management, textile or related fields from a recognized University.
Cardiff Metropolitan University
University of the Arts London
George Brown College
The postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Designing is a 1 year-long graduate diploma program.
Are you planning to study abroad? Our Leverage Edu experts will provide you with end-to-end assistance starting from your university application to the time you reach your university and commence your studies. Call us at 1800 57 2000 to book a FREE 30-minutes counselling session today.