Pondicherry University is a central university located in Southern India. The university conducts its own nationwide entrance exam every year for post-graduate and doctoral admissions to various courses in areas like Humanities, Science, Commerce, Engineering and Management. If you are planning to study at one of the best central universities in India then this exam is mandatory for admissions. In this blog, we are going to cover all the important details regarding Pondicherry University Entrance Exam eligibility, exam dates and more!
This Blog Includes:
- Important Dates 2021
- Exam Schedule 2021
- Eligibility Criteria for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
- Registration Process
- Pondicherry University Entrance Exam: Application Form
- Application fees
- Popular Courses under Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
- Exam Centres
- Exam Pattern for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
- How to prepare for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
- Result and Counselling
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based|
|Mode of Application||Online|
|Medium of Exam||English|
|Frequency||Once a year|
|Registration Fees||PG courses: Rs 600 (Gen) / Rs 300(SC/ST)
MBA course: Rs 1000 (Gen) / Rs 500(SC/ST)
PhD: Rs 1000 (Gen) / Rs 500 (SC/ST)
|Purpose||Admissions to PG/Integrated/PhD programmes|
|Type of Questions||Multiple Choice Questions|
|Section||Subject- Specific Questions|
Important Dates 2021
|Online Application Forms||May 2021|
|Last Date of Submission||June 2021|
|Admit Card||June 2021|
|Exam Date||June 2021|
|Result and Counselling||July 2021|
Exam Schedule 2021
Pondicherry University Entrance Test is an online, objective exam held for admissions to postgraduate programmes like MA, MSc, MTech, MBA, MCA, MCom, MEd and Integrated MA and MSc and doctoral programmes for a wide range of subject areas.
For the MPEd course, the selection is based on the entrance exam followed by a physical fitness test. The admission process for MBA is contingent upon CAT score, group discussions and personal interview.
For PhD programmes, admission is based on entrance test/ JRF and interview.
Eligibility Criteria for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
The entrance exam conducted by Pondicherry University offers a plethora of courses for PG/PhD admissions. Here is the eligibility criteria differs from course to course so you must check the details before filling out the application form:
- MA: Candidates must have a bachelors’ degree in any/specific subject from a recognised institution with 50 or 55% marks in the graduation
- Candidates must have a B.Sc degree in any/specific subject with 50 or 55% marks at the graduation level
- For some courses, candidates must have studied Maths, Physics or Chemistry at 10+ 2 level
- MTech: Candidates must have a B.E or BTech degree in any/specific subject with 50 or 55% marks at the graduation level
- Candidates must have a B.E/BTech/B.Com or any bachelors’ degree with PGDCA with 55% marks in all the mentioned degrees
- Candidates with a bachelors degree in any stream with 50% marks can apply
- M.Com. : Candidates with a bachelors in commerce or equivalent course with 50% marks can apply.
- M. Ed: Bachelors in Education/integrated B.Ed degree with 50% marks is a must
- LLM: LLB degree from a recognised institution with 50 marks is a must
- PhD: Candidates with a Masters degree in the relevant subject can apply.
Also Read: Government Exams after 12th Science
All those interested in appearing for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam can apply online. The process entails filling up the application form for your desired course(s), uploading relevant documents, paying the fees and submitting the form. Once all the formalities are over, the candidates can download the application form and later the admit card from the website. Applicants can apply for more than one course depending upon the eligibility criteria.
Pondicherry University Entrance Exam: Application Form
The application form for Pondicherry University is available online and all candidates have to fill out a different form for every programme they wish to apply to. Each form requires candidates fill out information like personal, education, contact details and upload relevant documents. After filling out the application form(s), candidates have to pay the application fees and print out the form for future use.
The application fee is paid through online means like debit/credit/netbanking and is non-refundable. Here are the application fees for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam-
|Courses||General category||SC/ST category|
|PG programmes||Rs 600||Rs 300|
|MBA programmes||Rs 1000||Rs 500|
|PhD programmes||Rs 1000||Rs 500|
Popular Courses under Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
The university offers a huge list of programmes under the Pondicherry University Entrance Exam. They have PG programmes, PG-PhD integrated programmes and PhD programmes in popular courses such as-
- International Relations
- South Asian Studies
- Political Science
- Applied Psychology
- Applied Geology
- Marine Biology
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Logistics & Supply Chain Management
- Insurance Management
- Financial Technology
- Banking Technology
- Tourism & Technology
- International Business
- Data Analytics
Exam Pattern for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
The entrance exam is designed to test the candidate’s knowledge and competency in a specific area of expertise and course. The exam pattern for the exam:
|Mode of Exam||Computer-based Objective Exam|
|Number of Questions||100|
|Marks for Correct Answer||+4|
How to prepare for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam
Here are some tips and tricks on how to prepare for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam-
- Knowing the syllabus and exam pattern for the entrance exam is the most important step in how to prepare for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam. The syllabus for every subject is different and it is important to thoroughly know the subject.
- Cover all the essential subjects and revise on the important topics regularly. It is important to make notes for the exam.
- Solving question papers and mock tests are equally important part of the preparation strategy. Examining the common questions and recurring topics in the exam is the best way to prepare for a competitive exam.
- Selecting the right study material and books is equally important for preparing for Pondicherry University Entrance Exam. Candidates should rely on bachelors study material and books for preparation. They can use popular guides available on sites like Amazon and Flipkart or the local market.
- Staying positive and maintaining a healthy diet is also important for preparing for competitive exams.
Result and Counselling
The result of the Pondicherry University Entrance Exam will be released in the month of July 2021. The counselling process for admissions to the plethora of courses offered by Pondicherry University begins after the declaration of results. All candidates who have been accepted by the university have to appear physically to secure their seat and get admission at one of the best universities in India. Candidates who are on the waitlist have to check the website for further updates.
Documents Needed for Admissions
- 10th exam or equivalent certificate/mark statement along with age proof.
- 12th exam or its equivalent certificate/mark Statement
- Degree/Provisional certificate of the qualifying Degree Examination along with mark statements.
- OBC with Non- Creamy Layer certificate/EWS recently issued (i.e. issued after 1 st January, 2020) by competent Authority, in case of OBC/EWS candidates respectively.
- Recently issued SC/ST/PH/Pondicherry Residence certificate/Karaikal Residence Certificate from competent authority as applicable
- Migration/Transfer certificate and conduct certificate from the institution last studied.
- original CAT Score (for only CAT based courses)
- Recently taken two stamp size colour photographs (For Group Medical Insurance Policy)
- Soft copy of colour passport size photograph in a CD (for Library and ID Card )
The Central University of Pondicherry provides a monthly stipend of Rs 8000 to all its full-time PhD scholars and also provides scholarships to students who wish to enrol in different programmes-
- Merit Scholarship
- Merit-cum-Means Scholarship
- Scholarship for M.Sc. Marine Biology & Disaster Management
- Scholarship for M.Tech Computational Biology
Scholarships by other agencies
- N.B.H.M Scholarship
- UGC NET JRF Fellowship
- CSIR NET JRF Fellowship
- Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship
- Maulana Azad National Fellowship
Candidates can apply for entrance exam online through the official website of Pondicherry University. The university offers a wide range of programmes across different streams to select and candidates can apply for more than one course of choice.
Yes, there is a negative marking in the Pondicherry University entrance exam. One mark is deducted for every wrong answer and four marks for the correct answer.
Pondicherry University offers over 100 courses across science, humanities, commerce, engineering, management and arts.
The integrated courses offered by Pondicherry University are the MSc programme (Applied Geology, Chemistry, Physics); MSc Programme (Maths, Computer Science, Statistics) & MA programme (History, Political Science, Sociology)
The Pondicherry University is a central university and one of the top ranking universities of India.
Check out – Bihar Public Service Commission – BPSC
This was all the relevant information about the national entrance exam of Pondicherry University. If you are planning to study in Pondicherry then giving this entrance exam should be on the top of your list! Still confused about your career options and need some expert advice then get in touch with Leverage Edu! Book a free session today!