Microsoft, one of the most coveted IT companies, runs a special Certified Professional Certificate program called Certified System Engineering Certification, i.e. MCSE, the duration of which ranges between 2-5 months. The candidates who will be enrolling themselves for this will be introduced to Microsoft operating system, networking, Microsoft Back office served products and desktop-related systems. Furthermore, the study materials will be provided by the company on its website. Students of high school or graduation can enrol themselves on this program.
This Blog Includes:
Below is a list of courses provided under MCSE and a bit of detail about them.
|MCSE Business Applications||You will be taught basics about Microsoft Dynamics 365 and demonstrated specialization in an additional one or more business-specific areas.|
|MCSE Data Management and Analytics||In this, both on-premises and in-cloud SQL administration, leveraging business intelligence data, and building enterprise-scale data solutions will be taught.|
|MCSE Cloud Platform and Infrastructure||How to run a highly efficient and modern data centre and handle system management, storage, networking, visualization, etc is what that will be taught in this course.|
|MCSE Mobility||This certifies that you have the skills to manage devices efficiently.|
|MCSE Productivity||The primary objective of this program is to develop skills that can help in increasing user productivity and flexibility, improve data security, etc.|
Must Read: Best Engineering Courses For Future
The candidates who want to pursue Microsoft Certified System Engineer Certification (MCSE) need to complete their 10+2 in Science stream from a recognized board of education. However, there are some skill sets that are required for the individual to be eligible to do the certified course.
- The candidate should be able to communicate with system administrators, users as well as MIS managers and explain technical concepts at all levels.
- At Least 4 years of experience in application development
- They must be able to solve problems in a multi-platform environment.
- They should be flexible and have leadership qualities.
- Good management, organisational, written and verbal communication skills are also required.
- The candidates must have knowledge about operating systems such as Windows 2000/XP, Linux, etc.
- They should have networking knowledge such as Windows NT/ Windows 2000, DNS, Ethernet, DHCP, Proxy Server, etc.
- They should know programming languages such as C++, HTML, and Fortran.
- Apart from this, the candidates must be well-versed in MS Office, Microsoft FrontPage, Netscape Navigator, etc.
- They should be able to fix or diagnose any kind of Laptop, PC, Desktop and Printer related problems, that is, they should have knowledge about hardware.
- MCSE aspirants should know how to use editing tools such as Adobe Premiere, Non-Linear Editing-Show biz, and Res-edit.
Must Read: Top Technical Skills to Enhance your Resume
Comprehensive Overview of MCSE Courses
Now that you are familiar with the basic details pertaining to the MCSE courses, let us understand each in detail.
The candidate who completes this certification course can work as a Dynamic 365 Developer, System Administrator, Technical Support Engineer or Implementation Consultant. The steps involved in getting the certification are as follows:
- The candidate needs to earn a certification either in Microsoft Dynamics 365 or Microsoft Dynamics 365 Operations.
- After this, applicants must pass one of the Microsoft Dynamics examinations like Customer Service/Retail/Marketing, etc.
- Upon clearing the exam, the candidate will be awarded the MCSE certificate.
- The certificate holders need to update their skills by passing one additional exam each year or also explore other certification courses to broaden their skill set.
Data Management and Analytics
The candidates who complete the MCSE Data Management and Analytics certificate become qualified for job positions like Database Designer, Database Analyst or Business Intelligence Analyst. The steps involved in completing the certification are as follows:
- The candidate has to earn MCSA in SQL Server 2012/ 2014 or SQL 2016 Database administration, BI Development, BI Reporting, Database Development, and Data Engineering with Azure.
- The next step in earning this type of MCSE certification is to pass one of the required examinations. Upon clearing, a certificate will be issued.
- Continuing education by clearing one exam every year is the last step in this.
The candidates completing MCSE Core Infrastructure certification are eligible for job positions like Computer Support Specialists/Architects/Administrators and so on. The steps involved in getting the certification are as follows:
- The candidate needs to complete an MCSA certification either in Windows Server 2016 or Windows Server 2012.
- Clearing one of the exams like Securing Windows Server/Software-Defined Datacenter Implementation, etc will help you get certified.
- Continuing further education by enrolling on above mentioned or other MCSE certification courses will be beneficial.
The candidate who completes the certification in MCSE Mobility qualifies for the job position of Traditional Desktop Support Technician or Enterprise Manager The steps involved in getting the MCSE mobility certification are as follows:
- The candidate should earn an MCSA Windows 10 certification.
- With the help of exam prep and resources, one of the exams has to be cleared. And only after this will the certificate will be issued.
- Enrol in other certifications to gain advanced knowledge.
Just like other courses, the first step towards earning the MCSE Productivity certificate is to gain skills through either MCSA Windows Server 2012 or MCSA Windows Server 2016 certificate. Once through, the candidate will be required to pass one of the exams from a list. To keep the certificate updated, education has to be continued.
Job Profiles and Salary
The job opportunities available after completing the Microsoft Certified System Engineer certification are listed below.
|Job Type||Average Salary|
|Technical Architect||₹ 22.0 Lakhs.|
|Software Developer-Microsoft||₹ 30.7 Lakhs|
|Network Engineer/System Engineer||₹ 4.4 Lakhs|
|Team Lead/Technical Lead||₹ 14.5 Lakhs|
|Customer Support Engineer||₹ 3.8 Lakhs.|
|Tech support engineer||₹ 3.0 Lakhs.|
|System Analyst||₹3.0 Lakhs|
|Product Support Engineer||₹ 4.8 Lakhs|
How to Prepare for the MCSE Certification Exam?
If you want to take the MCSE certification exam, you can study on your own or seek professional help. It is critical that you consider how much quality time you can devote to intensive study. Self-study is not a bad option if you have little free time, but making time during the weekend will be beneficial. It’s as easy as ABC to pass the MCSE certification exam. Finding the right time that works for you is the key to successful preparation and studying, as well as high test scores.
Who should be certified?
A Microsoft Certification will benefit almost everyone in the technology field, but there are some industry professionals who should seriously consider getting certified. These individuals include administrators, developers, and consultants such as:
- SQL Server Administrators
- Database Backup Administrators
- IT Consultants
- IT Architects
- IT Administrators
You will do a better job if you are familiar with all aspects of the programmes you will be working with. Consultants often work with people who are unfamiliar with the complexities of technology, so you should be fully prepared to work with them.
An MCSE (Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer) is someone who has passed exams on Microsoft Windows NT, related desktop systems, networking, and Microsoft’s BackOffice server products.
1,50,000 – 2,00,000 PA.
The MCSE certification is the highest level of Microsoft certification, whereas, after CCNA, one can pursue more advanced level Cisco certifications such as CCNP (Cisco Certified Network Professional) and CCIE (Cisco Certified Internet Professional).
We hope that this blog could answer all your questions regarding MCSE. With a wide range of Computer courses after the 12th Commerce/Science/Arts stream, choosing a program can be difficult. Book an E-meeting with our experts at Leverage Edu who will assist you in choosing the right program by assessing your profile and academic records!