Every year a university level exam, Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test (BHUPET) is conducted by Banaras Hindu University. This University Level examination is conducted in English, Hindi for candidates who want to take admission in post-graduate courses. The mode of the exam is usually offline, i.e. pen and paper mode. This entrance test offers admission to general courses, professional courses, special courses and vocational courses. If you wish to apply for BHUPET and want to know more about it, this blog will be of great help to you! Read on to find out more.
This Blog Includes:
BHUPET Exam Pattern 2021
Candidates must be well aware of the BHUPET exam pattern before applying. The paper consists of 120 MCQs.
- The exam shall be for 120 minutes.
- The exam will be conducted in offline mode.
- The paper will include questions to check the candidate’s proficiency in the English language, Analytical Abilities, General Awareness, Logical and Quantitative Aptitude.
- The questions shall be based on the concerned subjects of the qualifying examination such as Degree, Diploma of the concerned course.
Candidates must fulfil certain important requirements for being eligible for application for the BHUPET. Listed below is the same:
- The basic requirement for BHUPET 2021 is that the candidates must hold a bachelor’s degree in the concerned subject and an aggregate of at least 50% marks.
- There is no upper or lower age limit for a candidate’s application.
- Candidates must be Indian citizens.
- For candidates applying for M.A. in any language must hold a B.A. in that language.
- For SC/ST Candidates, there is no minimum eligibility mark.
- For OBC and PC individuals, 45% minimum marks in the Bachelor’s degree examination.
Also Read: Diploma Courses after Graduation
How to fill the Application Form?
Candidates must follow a sequential list of steps for successfully completing the application form for BHUPET. Listed below are the steps that must be followed sequentially:
- Candidates must visit the official portal and click on ‘BHUPET 2021 Application Form’.
- Candidates should keep an easy password and then click on ‘Online Application Form’.
- Fill in the form with all the required details and upload the relevant documents.
- Select five suitable exam centres from the drop-down list.
- Pay the required application fees and then print a copy of the application form.
Application Fee for BHUPET 2021
The applicants can pay the application fee for BHUPET through the following modes of payment – using credit card or debit card or cash payment through challan.
- The fee for GENERAL AND OBC – INR 500 (+ INR 200 For Additional Subject)
- The fee for SC/ST/OBC – INR 250 (+ INR 100 For Additional Subject)
Candidates must be well familiarized with the syllabus of BHUPET to perform well in the exam. The entire syllabus for the same is tabulated below.
|MCA||Logarithms, Inequalities, Progressions,
Matrices and Determinants,
Combination, Equations (up to class 12),
Complex Arithmetic, 2-D Coordinate Geometry,
Function and Relation, Basics of Calculus, Basic Concepts of Probability.
|M.Sc and M.Tech||General Science,
Science and Technology
|Agriculture, Dairy Technology,
and Dairy microbiology
|M.A. Social Work||Basic knowledge of Research Methodology,
Indian Social Problem and their Remedies,
Awareness of NGOs, Nature and Dynamics of Socio-Economic Development,
Policy and Planning
Areas of Social Work
|M.A. Anthropology||Economics, History, Political Science, Sociology, Psychology, Rural Development, Biology and Cultural Studies|
|Conflict Management and Development (MA MCMD)||General Knowledge
Current Affairs with special focus on Conflict situations in India
and around the world
|Master of Arts in Social Exclusion and Inclusive Policy||Economics
|Master of Arts in Integrated Rural Development and Management||Economics
Rural Development and Management
|Master of Arts in Energy Economics||Micro Economics
Money and Banking
Economics of Development and Growth
Indian Economy and Mathematics for Economics
|MA Mass Communication, Corporate Communication||Current Affairs and General Knowledge
Language Proficiency including Proficiency in the English Language
Logical Quantitative and Analytical AbilitiesAptitude (inferences from percentages, tables, graphs, etc)
How to Download BHUPET Result?
Candidates must follow an order of steps for viewing the results of BHUPET. The steps have been listed below:
- Visit the Entrance Portal
- Click on “BHU PET 2021 Result”
- Download Result
- Save it in your computer
- Take a printout for further process
Counselling for Banaras Hindu University Postgraduate Entrance Test
Once the BHUPET merit list has been released, selected students will be called for counselling. Candidates must download their call letter and keep it ready for the counselling process. There are certain essential documents required for BHUPET 2021 Counselling. The documents required have been listed below:
- Transfer Certificate.
- School leaving certificate
- Migration Certificate, if applicable
- High School Certificate/equivalent Certificate and Mark list
- Intermediate (+2) Certificate and Mark list
- Mark sheet of the Degree Certificate
- Admit Card
- Category/ Community Certificate, if applicable
- Certificate in support of claim for ‘Sports Seats’
- Certificate of being the son/daughter of a permanent in-service employee/Retired/Reemployed/ Deceased employee of BHU
Do Read: Short Term Courses After BCom
So, this was all about the BHUPET exam. If you wish to know more about such entrance exams, stay connected to Leverage Edu! You can connect with our experts for help regarding admission or entrance. They will guide you every step of the way. Sign up for a free session today!