ISRO launched a free online course on Machine Learning a few weeks back. Now, ISRO has launched two new courses on GIS Technology and Earth Observation. Interested students can register for the courses on the Indian Institute of Remote Sensing (IIRS) website. While the ISRO free online course on GIS Technology will be conducted from 21 June to 2 July 2021, the course on Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies will be conducted from 21 June to 25 June 2021.
Participants can attend the course through the IIRS e-class portal or the IIRS Youtube Channel and all participants will receive an ISRO certificate for the courses based on an attendance criterion of 70 percent. Participants attending the IIRS YouTube channel should mark their attendance via offline session which will be made available after 24 hours.
Don’t Miss the Latest Updates : ISRO to set-up Regional Academic Center for Space (RAC-S) at IIT-BHU
Web GIS Technology
The first of ISRO New Online Courses is Web GIS Technology. This course will cover the following topics :
- OGC Web Services and Data publishing using Geoserver
- Hand-on Experiment on GeoserverSLD, WMS, WFS, WCS, and other Geo-web services
- Introduction to client-server systems, Internet, and Web GIS technology
- Web Mapping APIs: OpenLayers and Leaflet
- Development of Web GIS applications using Mashup architecture
- Introduction of Database Management System including SQL Queries and Data visualization including PostgreSQL and POSTGIS, Spatial SQL and Geo-visualization QGIS and Web
- Web GIS applications for Governance
Ready to Risk Everything, Just for 11-minutes Ride in Space! Here’s What You Need to Know about Jeff Bezos’ Trip to Space!
Earth Observation for Carbon Cycle Studies
Second online course you can pursue launched by ISRO is earth observation for carbon cycle studies. This course covers the following topics:
- Earth observation and its role in vegetation carbon pool assessment
- Earth observation and its role in soil organic carbon (SOC) assessment
- Role of EO in carbon cycle assessment: Status, challenges, and issues
- Up-scaling and modeling of carbon fluxes: Remote sensing and process-based modeling
- Measuring ecosystem carbon exchange: Observational network, Instrumentation and advanced sensors
Also Read : How To Join DRDO?
How to Enroll for ISRO Free Online Course?
Interested in pursuing ISRO’s new online courses. Here are the simple steps to register yourself:
- Visit the official website (https://www.iirs.gov.in/EDUSAT-News)
- Click on the registration link
- Enter your full name as per their class 10 certificate
- Enter your email address and password
- Select the course you wish to pursue
- Enter all your personal details
- Enter the educational details
- Uploading all the necessary documents
- Submit the registration form
So this was about ISRO’s new online courses. Do you want to study abroad but don’t know which universities or courses are right for you? Allow our AI Course Finder to assist you. Feed-in your choices and let the AI compare them against millions of accessible data points from across the world. Click here to use our AI Course Finder. Hope you found this to be helpful For more such content, stay connected with Leverage Edu!