Do you remember watching the World Cup with your family? Cricket is a game that is loved by most Indians. One can see the craze behind cricket during the world cups, the zeal and the enthusiasm can be felt in the atmosphere which also accounts for the dedication that people have for this game. One can also see children playing cricket in every street of the country and street cricket has a following of its own. This same enthusiasm and zeal can be transformed into a professional career. If you are one of those, who not only love watching this game but at the same time love playing it and have a passion for making a career in it, then this blog will help you figure out how to become a cricketer.
How to Become a Cricketer- Prerequisites
Becoming a professional cricketer is not an easy task. You need to be good at playing cricket but that is not enough in order to become a successful cricket player. To make a career out of it, you need to possess certain other skills. Here are a few prerequisites on how to become a cricketer:
- Practice: You need to practice a lot and unleash your potential for the game in order to have the ability to take it on a professional level.
- Basic knowledge of the game: Knowing how to use a bat and a ball does not sum up this game, you need to have a basic understanding of various terms, equipment used in cricket and what are the rules and regulations of the game.
- Knowing your strongholds: You need to know what part of this game you are good at, with practice you will learn if you are good baller or if you are good at batting and how can you improve your weak points and strengthen your strong points.
Also Read: Skyrocket your Career in Sports
In order for you to become a professional cricketer, there are certain things that you need to keep in mind and keep certain goals for yourself and work towards them. Here is a step by step guide to make a career in this field:
- Find a coach: One of the most important parts of taking part in any sport or game and excelling in it is to practice regularly. In order to improve your game, you need to find a professional coach who can point out your strengths and weaknesses and ensure that you practice regularly.
- Join a professional team: In order to start your career as a professional cricketer, you need to start playing for a professional team, being in the school or college cricket team will give you an upper hand in this situation and then you can start playing for a team that plays for various private cricket tournament. You might also want to start playing for a club that is well known, in order for you to get selected in any popular cricket club you need to meet the basic qualifications given by that particular club.
- Start playing tournaments: You may start small but you need to aim big. Once you start playing for a club or for any team, you need to make sure that you go for tournaments held across the country. Your gateway for becoming a professional cricketer is to join a highly competitive team and trying to get into the state team. An example of this would be the Ranji Trophy if you play for such prestigious tournaments and trophies there are more chances of you making a successful career in this field.
Also Read: Types of Co Curricular Activities
A career in sports can be rewarding if you choose to take steps in the right direction. If you wish to explore this field and are not sure about what to do next, let the experts at Leverage Edu assist you in making an informed decision so that you can soar high in the sky of limitless potential.