G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology (GPCET) is situated in Andhra Pradesh, India. GPCET is one of the most renowned colleges in the state. The GPCET college currently offers B.Tech in 5 specializations, along with an M.Tech and an MBA program. The total sanctioned intake of college is 750. It is affiliated with Jawaharlal Nehru Technological University.
|Name||G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology (GPCET)|
|Course offered||B.Tech, M.Tech and MBA|
|Entrance Exam||AP-EAMCET / AP PGECET|
This Blog Includes:
G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology is situated in Kurnool in Andhra Pradesh state of India. It offers 9 courses across Engineering and Management. GPCET has a campus of over 10 Acres. Campus facilities such as Counselling, Computer Lab, Auditorium, Canteen, Library, Medical Facilities, cafeterias are also there.
Top Courses and Fees
|B.Tech||10+2 with 50% + AP EAMCET||₹62,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|M.Tech||Pass in Graduation + GATE||₹57,000 (1st Year Fees)|
|MBA||₹32,300 (1st Year Fees)||Graduation with 50% + APICET|
Reservations are also provided at GPCET based on the guidelines set by the Central Ministry of Education and State government guidelines. Please refer to the official website for more details on seat distribution.
UG Engineering At GPCET
G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology(GPCET), offers undergraduate course in engineering across five broad specialisations. These are Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical & Electronics Engineering, Computer Science & Engineering, and Electronics & Communication Engineering. The course is very extensively designed to equip students with all the practical skills needed to become a good engineer. GPCET offers a B.Tech degree program. The normal duration of B.Tech is 4 years and a maximum of 8 years.
The base eligibility for UG B.Tech is passing 10+2 from the science stream with a minimum of 50% aggregate combining physics, mathematics and chemistry scores. The merit list is made on the marks obtained by the candidates in AP EAMCET.
- Allotment of seats and study centre is subject to rank/score secured by the candidate in the entrance exam.
- The seat allocation happens in the following order:
- First preference is given to candidates from AP & Telangana state.
- 70% of the total seats are reserved for candidates with AP EAMCET score.
- 30% of seats are allocated based on a 10+2 score.
PG At GPCET
G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology(GPCET) also offers MBA and M.Tech degrees with an ideal course time of two years. For M.Tech candidates must have a bachelor’s degree in engineering and a valid GATE score. Candidates with a GATE score can apply from the PGECET score.
For an MBA program at GPCET, a candidate must have a graduate degree with a minimum of 50% marks. The merit list of candidates is prepared based on their score in the qualifying exam. The counselling process is conducted by GPCET.
|M. Tech||Electrical Power Systems||B. Tech in the relevant discipline
with minimum 50% marks, GATE
|M. Tech||Computer Science & Engineering||B. Tech in the relevant discipline
with minimum 50% marks, GATE
|M. Tech||Digital Electronics &
|B. Tech in the relevant discipline
with minimum 50% marks, GATE
|MBA||Business Studies||Minimum 50% in graduation||Merit-based|
Admission Exams and Upcoming Dates 2023
The following are the exams accepted for admission to GPCET, along with the upcoming dates.
|Admission Test||Upcoming Dates|
|Andhra Pradesh Engineering Agricultural and Medical Common Entrance Test||To be declared|
|GATE||08 Feb – 15 Feb 2023|
|AP ICET||To be declared|
Faculty At GPCET
- Dr. C. Srinivasa Rao – Principal
- Syed Afzal Basha -Professor, Department Of Civil Engineering
- G. Gopinath -Assistant Professor, Department Of Computer Science & Engineering
- I.S. Raghuram -Assistant Professor, Department Of Computer Science & Engineering
- D. Rajasekhar – Associate Professor, Department Of Electronics And Communication Engineering
- K. Narasimha Achari – Associate Professor, Department Of Electrical And Electronics Engineering
- Dr Syed Thajullah – Professor, Department Of Humanity & Sciences
- K. Mallikarjuna – Associate Professor, Department Of Mechanical Engineering
- V. Madhu Sudhan Goud – Assistant Professor, Department Of Master Of Business Administration
GPCET provides some basic amenities and more to students. Read below!
- Computer Lab
- Medical Facilities
The following scholarships are awarded to meritorious students enrolled in the various courses offered by GPCET:
- LIC Golden Jubilee Scholarships Scheme
- The Young Talent IT Scholarship from Dr. GB Scholarships Foundation
- Hindu Hitachi Scholarships
- NTPC LIMITED SCHOLARSHIPS FOR ENGINEERING
- Federal Bank Hormis Memorial Foundation Scholarship
- Sahu Jain Trust Scholarships
- Shri BrihadBharatiyaSamaj Scholarships
- VelTech University Engineering scholarship
- HSBC Scholarships
- Jindal Trust Studentship
- Central Sector Scheme of Scholarships for College Students
- Indian Oil Corporation Limited Scholarships
- Foundation for Academic Excellence and Access (FAEA) Scholarships
- Bannari Amman Institute of Technology Scholarships
- Sports Authority of India Scholarships
The first year fees are ₹62,000, excluding hostels and food.
G Pullaiah College of Engineering and Technology(GPCET) awards a B.Tech degree.
No, you can apply through the APPGECET score too but it is recommended to use your GATE score.
GPCET currently offers MBA in Business Study.
This was all about GPCET. Please keep checking the website for more information regarding the dates as they are expected to be released soon. We hope you find this blog insightful. For more guidance get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu and let them assist you in your academic journey. Call us today at 1800 57 2000!