The Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology or CIPET is amongst the largest academic institutes in the world in the field of Plastic Engineering and Allied Industries. CIPET offers an array of programs in various specialisations of science and engineering and is also renowned for its placement records. Want to apply for your chosen program at CIPET? Check out this blog to know all about CIPET courses, colleges, fees, placements, application and more!
Check Out: Career in Petroleum Engineering
Table of contents
CIPET has classified its centres into 3 categories on the basis of its infrastructure, location, industry participation and activities and programs. These three categories are Institute of Petrochemicals Technology (IPT), Centre for Skilling and Technical Support (CSTS) and School for Advanced Research in Petrochemicals (SARP). They claim to take pride in the fact that more than 70,000 students are trained every year in various PhD, UG, PG, Diploma, Post Diploma, PG Diploma & Short Term Skill Training and about 80% of their students get prompt placements and rest opt for higher studies or become Entrepreneurs in the field. Their rural outreach programs open up new avenues of study and employment for the rural youth and over the years more & more girl students are also pursuing various academic programs.
Check Out: University of Petroleum and Energy Studies
Aspiring candidates have to follow the standard CIPET admission and course procedure as well as the eligibility criteria of the respective affiliated universities to which they want to apply at. Candidates may visit the websites of the affiliated universities for complete information on their programs. For engineering courses, CIPET has its own entrance exam which is referred to as CIPET JEE which every aspirant needs to qualify to apply to the institute’s engineering courses.
The eligibility criteria depend on the college under the CIPET that you apply at for the course. It differs from college to college and you can go to their respective websites to know more about their specific criteria for admission.
The eligibility criteria for Diploma Courses is given below-
- To apply for courses at CIPET, the student should have completed a secondary level of education, i.e. Class 10th.
- CIPET’s postgraduate diploma courses are open to the students who have completed a full-time 3-year degree in Science
- The institute’s post graduate diploma courses in Engineering are open to those who have completed full time 3 year diploma course in Mechanical / Petrochemicals / Automobile/ DPT / Industrial / Instrumentation Engg / Mechatronics / Plastics / Polymer / Production /Technology or DPMT/ Tool & Die Making / Tool or Equivalent.
- There is no age bar for the diploma courses.
The undergraduate and graduate courses that are available at CIPET are given below –
- B.E. / B.Tech. (Manufacturing Engineering / Technology)
- B.E. / B.Tech. (Plastics Engineering / Technology)
- B.Tech. (Petrochemical Engineering / Technology)
- M.E. (CAD/CAM)
- M.E. / M.Tech. (Plastics Engineering / Technology)
- M.Sc. (Applied Polymer Science)
- M.Sc. (Bio-Polymer Science)
- M.Sc. (Engg.) by Research in the Faculty of Engineering
- M.Sc. (Polymer Science)
- M.Sc. Tech. (Material Science & Engineering)
- M.Tech. (Petrochemical Engineering / Technology)
- M.Tech. (Polymer Nanotechnology)
The research areas available at the Research Centers under CIPET SARP are also given below –
- Biopolymers & Bio-nano-composites
- Carbon Nano-tubes
- Computational Flow Analysis
- E-Waste Recycling
- Fuel Cells & Energy storage devices
- Metal to Plastic Conversion
- New Product Development
- Polymer Blends and alloys
- Polymer composites
- Polymer Composites and Nanocomposites
- Rapid Prototyping
- Reverse Engineering Applications
- Simulation & Modeling for product & processes
Must Read: UPESEAT
The Undergraduate and Postgraduate programs in Engineering / Technology are offered at all the Institute of Petrochemicals Technology (IPT) centres. These degree courses are affiliated with the respective State Universities in which the IPT centre is located. CIPET’s IPT centres are located in Ahmedabad, Bhubaneswar, Chennai, Kochi, Lucknow and Raipur. These colleges under IPT are given below –
- Anna University, Chennai
- Biju Patnaik University of Technology, Rourkela
- Chhattisgarh Swami Vivekanand Technical University, Bhilai
- Cochin University of Science & Technology, Kochi
- Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam Technical University, Lucknow
- Gujarat Technological University, Ahmedabad
- Madras University, Chennai
- Utkal University, Bhubaneswar
- Visvesvaraya Technological University, Belagavi
The B.E. / B.Tech. and M.E. / M.Tech. programs are approved by AICTE.
CIPET Centers for Diploma Studies
CIPET offers Diploma, Post Diploma & Postgraduate Diploma Programs with varying levels of entry qualification at 25 CIPET Centers which are in the cities below –
The fee structure for the diploma courses is given below for the convenience of the applicants:
CIPET Admission Fees
|PGD –PPT||20,000/- per semester|
|PD-PMD with CAD / CAM||20,000/- per semester|
|DPMT||16,700/- per semester|
|DPT||16,700/- per semester|
- Hostel room rent including all amenities is – Rs.10,000/- per candidate per semester. It will be collected in advance.
- Hostel mess fee will be extra and charged on a monthly basis.
- Caution Money Deposit is – Rs.1000/- It is to be paid at the time of the hostel admission.
- Uniform dress Code will be as desired by respective CIPET Centre
Yes, CIPET is a very good college and also one of the largest academic institutes in the world devoted to Plastic Engineering and Allied Industries. So if that is what you are interested in then this would be the best choice for you.
The admission process of CIPET depends on which affiliated to CIPET and which course you want to study. Choose your course, go to the respective college’s website and apply for the admission by filling the admission form.
All the courses and the research areas of CIPET are given above in detail. You can choose the one you are interested in and get admission in it.
This was all about the CIPET or the Central Institute of Petrochemicals Engineering and Technology. Browse more colleges, courses and universities at Leverage Edu and get admission in the course and college of your dreams. Our experts are always happy to help and give guidance in whatever capacity we can.