Also known as the study of investments, Finance is a combination of two interrelated subjects – how money is handled and the process of obtaining money. One of the reasons why postgraduate students struggle with their Finance dissertation topics is that they do not spend enough time planning it. It is important for students to be extremely careful while writing a finance dissertation as it contributes a lot to their respective degrees. This blog provides you with the best topics, a dissertation structure and more.
This Blog Includes:
- How to plan your work on a Finance Dissertation?
- How to structure a Finance dissertation?
- Finance Dissertation Topics
- Best MBA Dissertation Topics
- Research Project Example
How to plan your work on a Finance Dissertation?
Dissertation submission is very important to obtain a PG Degree. You are supposed to submit the work by the end of your study course, so by the last year of your degree, you may have got enough ideas and problems dealing with finance. While starting with a finance dissertation topic you should always remember that the purpose of a Finance Dissertation is to demonstrate your research ability, how you analyze specific data and come up with a conclusion. Mentioned below is a step to step guide for you to start working with:
Step 1: Choose a relevant and interesting topic for your research
Step 2: Discuss and receive feedback from your supervisor
Step 3: Finalise the research methods to prove the significance of the selected topic
Step 4: Gather the required data from relevant sources
Step 5: Conduct the research and analyse the acquired results
Step 6: Work on the outline of your dissertation
Step 7: Make a draft and proofread it. Discuss with your advisors if any changes are to be made
Step 8: Make the required corrections.
Step 9: Draft the final dissertation
Also Read: Check out the Top Course in Finance
How to structure a Finance dissertation?
There are so many different ways you can structure your dissertation. But the most common and universally accepted way is as follows:
- Literature review
- Analysis of the data and Significance/Implications of the acquired results
Also Read: Executive MBA in Finance
Finance Dissertation Topics
Finance is an extensive field, you can explore a lot of areas related to finance to choose a dissertation topic. Here we’ve mentioned the best finance dissertation topics to make it easier for you:
Finance Dissertation General Topics
Mentioned below are some of the topics related to the recent issues in the world:
- The negative impact of microfinance in developing countries.
- The effects of population growth on economic growth in China
- Cryptocurrency: Are we ready to digitalise the monetary world?
- Analyzing the financial statements of VISA and MasterCard
- Why do banks oppose digital currency?
- Risks and benefits associated with digital money transferring technology
Also Read: Top MBA course to pursue
- Investing in India’s technology sector – obstacles and opportunities
- Foreign investment and its effects on economic growth in India
- The effect of corporation investments in the economic development of the community
- Comparing financial development in Asia and Europe
- Did the banks help Small Medium Enterprises to grow in India in the last 5 years?
- The Indian Economic Crisis of 1991
Best MBA Dissertation Topics
Be careful while choosing an MBA Dissertation Topic as it involves more intense study. Make sure the topic you’ve chosen remains within your field of study. We’ve listed some of the best topics you can choose for an MBA Dissertation:
- Management skills an entrepreneur need
- The place of communication for effective management in the workplace
- How technology took over management
- The impact of good leadership in an organization
- How does a strong social media presence affect a company’s marketing strategies?
- Human resource management in non-profit organizations
- The importance of employee motivation programs on productivity
- Management’s socio-cultural background and how it influences leadership relationships
- How do employment benefits impact employee and company’s productivity?
- Business team performance in multinational corporations
Also Read: Best Finance Universities in the USA
MBA Dissertation Topics
- Study on Future Options in Markets in India
- Gold as an Investable Commodity in India
- Study on Impact Of Corruption On FDI Inflows In India
- The Impact Of The Money Supply On Economic Growth In India
- Capital Structure Of The Business Enterprises In Delhi NCR
- GST And Its Effect on MNC Manufacturing Companies
- Analysis of the Insurance Industry in India
- Analysis of HDFC Bank Finance
- Comparative analysis of HDFC Bank with ICICI bank
- Comparison of Market Share in Public Sector Banks VS Private Sector Banks
Banking Dissertation Topics
- The impact of online banking on the world.
- Risk factors and security issues that are inherent in online banking.
- Fraud and identity theft is accomplished via internet banking.
- Advantages and disadvantages of internet banking for consumers.
- Risk management in investment banking
- The rise of growing banking sectors in developing nations.
- Issues surrounding banking in China’s growing economy.
- The impact of the Federal Reserve on the United States and global economy
- Banking and asset-liability in management.
- The strategies to use online banking technology to attract customers.
Also Read: All you need to know about a Banking Course
Accounting Dissertation Topics
- Case study of the impact of industry and public knowledge on the market share index’s fluctuation
- Significance of auditing for large corporations
- Examining India’s country’s tax scheme
- What to consider when investing in financial markets?
- From an accounting perspective, risk-taking in companies and its effects
- Evaluate the differences and similarities between external and internal auditors
- Can taxation be considered a human rights policy? Analyse the problem
- What are the consequences of India’s current tax structure on individuals with a lower income?
Also Read: Accounting courses
Research Project Example
We’ve included a Finance Dissertation Research Example with reference to a Finance Dissertation Structure:
- The Indian Economic Crisis of 1991 – The title for your Finance Dissertation must focus on your research objective.
- Abstract – The 1991 Indian economic crisis was…………….. imports and other external factors. The abstract part must include a summary of the research problem or objective of the research, research design and summary of the results.
- Introduction – The introduction must reflect your research on the Indian Economic Crisis of 1991 in a way that the audience already gets to know what the research is going to include.
3.1 Background (background of the study)
3.2 Problem Statement (significance of the problem in context)
3.3 Purpose/ResearchQuestions (What caused the Crisis, how was the crisis revived etc.)
- Review of Literature – The Review of Literature Section must include a theoretical rationale of the problem, the importance of the study, and the significance of the results.
- Methodology – The Methodology Section must include the description of the subjects, research methods used in the data collection and any limitations issues involved.
- Significance/Implications (Results of the Discussion)
*Please note that the above-mentioned structure is only for your reference to get an idea of writing a Finance Dissertation.
Choosing the right topic for your Finance dissertation to planning the work, all the above-mentioned aspects must be given equal importance. This blog has included the best dissertation topic in finance in MBA, accounting, banking you can choose while writing a dissertation.
It takes around 2 years to complete an MBA in India while 1 year to complete a full-time MBA in other countries.
A finance dissertation must be 100-300 pages long.
It takes around 5 years to obtain a Doctorate in Finance.
Hopefully, this blog assisted you in finding out your finance dissertation topics and structure for your course. If you require any assistance regarding your application process while enrolling for your further studies, our experts at Leverage Edu are just one click away. Call us anytime at 1800 572 000 for a free counselling session!