Among the various law tests like AP LAWCET, LNAT, and postgraduate law programs LLM, PhD in Law; the Daksha Fellowship program is India’s first law, policy, and business program for public policy professionals, young and mid-career lawyers, and other graduates with a law background. The Daksha Fellowship is a one-year full-time residential program that is formulated with a unique curriculum designed by internationally recognized professors in partnership with excellent legal practitioners or experts. Read the blog to know more in detail about the program, admission procedure, and other requirements about the Daksha Fellowship program.
|Fellowship Type||Residential Fellowship Program|
|Program Duration||1 year|
|Application Deadline||March 2021 (Round 2)|
|Eligibility||LLB and Test Scores|
Also Read: Newton Bhabha Fellowship
Table of contents
The Daksha Fellowship program helps students gain expertise in various domains of law, policy, disputes, and regulatory practice. This one-year fellowship comprises the following curriculum:
|Basic Subjects||Fundamentals of Public Law
Fundamentals of Private Law
Finance and Accounting for Lawyers
Workshop on MS Excel, MS PowerPoint
Foundations of Data and Statistics
|Technology Law and Policy (Expertise)||Data Protection
Information Technology Act and Cybercrimes
Telecom Law and Regulatory Architecture
Taxation in the Digital Economy
Investments and Transactions in the Technology Sector
Intellectual Property Rights in the Digital Age
Emerging Technologies and Legaltech
|Disputes and Regulatory Practice (Expertise)||Foundations of Dispute Resolution
Procedure and Evidence
The Regulatory State
Competition Law and M&A
Three specialized clusters: (Advanced Disputes cluster, Infrastructure and Sustainability cluster, Corporate and Financial cluster)
Check Out: Humboldt Fellowship
Applicants who wish to apply for the Daksha Fellowship program must check the following eligibility criteria before applying:
- Applicants must hold a Bachelor’s degree in law from an Indian institution recognized by the Bar Council of India, or any degree that is equivalent to the LLB program from a university abroad.
- Those in their final year of studying law and will complete their course by the start date of the fellowship are also eligible.
- Applicants must possess a distinguished record of academic and extracurricular achievements.
- Applicants must have strong writing and communication skills.
Here is an overview of the application process of Diksha Scholarship.
- Sign up at the online website and add your name, e-mail ID, country and phone number.
- Confirm your e-mail ID afterwards and then fill out the application.
Students are required to fill the following sections in the application form to secure admission:
- Personal Details
- Academic Details
- Essays and Selection
- Internships and Professional Experience (if any)
The following documents must be attached while submitting the application form.
- Marksheet for Class 12.
- Entrance Exam score-card
- Updated Resume
- Relevant degree certificate and transcripts
- Other important documents supporting the application
Must Read: Top Fellowship Programs in 2021
The following is the process of admission for the Daksha Fellowship program:
- Application Submission and Evaluation.
- Entrance Test: Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test (DFAT), CLAT PG, LSAT-India.
- Panel Interview: Applicants who are shortlisted will be called for a personal interview round at the Daksha Fellowship City Campus in Chennai or in one of the metro cities. The final decision will be communicated to applicants approximately 10-14 days from the date of the interview.
Applicants who have completed the selection rounds will be successfully selected based on evaluation of the following criteria:
- Performance of the candidate in 10th and 12th-grade board examinations.
- Applicant’s internship/work record (if any).
- Personal Statement
- Legal Essay
- Performance in the Admissions Tests: Daksha Fellowship Admissions Test (DFAT), LSAT India, or CLAT PG.
- Panel Interview
Students who are selected are granted a 100%fee-waiver under the Daksha Fellowship.
Hope this blog helped you with the details and requirements of the Daksha Fellowship Program. Students often face confusion and need to build expertise in their subjects covered during the graduate courses. The Daksha Fellowship program is suitable for students who want to polish and build new skills related to law policies and other domains. For any assistance or queries, get in touch with our experts at Leverage Edu who will help you through your academic journey.