Extraverted, Intuitive, Thinking and judging personality qualities define a Commander (ENTJ). ENTJ describes a person who is excited by spending time with others (Extraverted) and prefers to be planned and organized rather than spontaneous and flexible (intuitive). They are responsible to make decisions based on logic and reason (Thinking) and prefer to be planned and organized rather than spontaneous and flexible (Judging). Because of their natural desire to lead others, ENTJs are commonly referred to as Commander personalities. In this blog, we’ll learn more about the traits, ENTJ personality careers, INFP jobs to avoid and much more.
This Blog Includes:
- What is an ENTJ Personality?
- ENTJ Personality Characteristics
- Strengths and Weaknesses
- Popular ENTJs Personalities
- Career and Jobs for ENTJs
- Top Careers for ENTJ Personality Types
- Careers for ENTJs to Avoid
What is an ENTJ Personality?
ENTJs are strategic thinkers who are driven to bring about change. They are fast to spot inefficiencies and devise new solutions, and they enjoy creating long-term plans to achieve their goals. They are usually articulate and quick-witted and excel in logical reasoning. ENTJs are analytical and objective people who enjoy providing order to their surroundings. The ENTJ notices weaknesses in a system and appreciates the process of identifying and implementing a better solution. ENTJs are outspoken and prefer being in charge; they perceive themselves as leaders and managers, managing people and procedures to accomplish their objectives. They are self-assured individuals who enjoy a sense of accomplishment and momentum. They acquire data to build their creative concepts, but they rarely think about them for long before acting on them.
ENTJs are generally driven by professional success and like putting in long hours. They are driven by ambition and a desire to attain power and influence. Making decisions is a vocation for the ENTJ. They want to be able to make the decision and set things into action. According to psychologist David Keirsey, the ENTJ personality type is extremely uncommon, accounting for only 2% of the population. Still, there are many career options that a person with an ENTJ personality type can consider.
ENTJ Personality Characteristics
- People that have this personality type like socializing with others. They have excellent communication abilities, and interacting with people gives them a boost of energy.
- ENTJ personalities prefer to think about the future rather than the present. They are frequently more interested in advanced theoretical information than concrete specifics.
- ENTJs place a larger emphasis on objective and logical facts while making decisions. Personal feelings and the emotions of others rarely play a role in their decisions.
- They are extremely reasonable, excellent problem solvers, and excellent leaders. These characteristics make them natural leaders who are focused on fixing problems quickly.
- ENTJs enjoy taking on leadership roles in community organizations, attending social gatherings or athletic events, and participating in competitive sports.
Strengths and Weaknesses
|Self-Confident||Stubborn and Dominant|
|Charismatic and Inspiring||Poor Handling of Emotions|
|Strong leadership skills||Cold and Ruthless|
|Good at making decisions|
|Strong communication skills|
Popular ENTJs Personalities
The world is filled with numerous ENTJs personalities who have created a mark for themselves on a global level. Here are some of the interesting personalities with ENTJ:
- Jim Carrey
- Margaret Thatcher
- Kamala Harris
- Carl Sagan
- David Letterman
- Harrison Ford
- Mindy Kaling
- Quentin Tarantino
- George Clooney
- Bill Gates
Career and Jobs for ENTJs
ENTJs generally gravitate toward leadership posts due to their comfort in the spotlight, ability to communicate, and proclivity for making quick choices. These personalities may find themselves in charge of a group without realizing how they got there. The ENTJ is good at supervising and leading others, as well as assisting groups in completing tasks and achieving goals, due to their love of structure and order. They can see what has to be done fast, devise a strategy, and allocate roles to group members. ENTJs thrive in jobs that have a lot of structure but also allow for a lot of variety. Jobs that allow them to interact with a diverse range of people are good. This personality type possesses a number of desirable qualities, including great leadership and communication abilities, a hardworking attitude, and the capacity to plan for the future.
Top Careers for ENTJ Personality Types
ENTJ personalities often excel in Business and Finance, Management, and Sales roles. Other industries of their interest include Law and Order, Software, and Information Technology (IT). They showcase excellent communication, problem-solving, and leadership skills in all the aforementioned sectors.
Business and Finance
Individuals with Extraverted, iNtuitive, Thinking, and Judging characteristics can opt for the following roles in the Business and Finance sector:
- Accountant or Auditor
- Budget Analyst
- Claims Adjuster, Appraiser, Examiner, or Investigator
- Cost Estimator
- Financial Analyst
- Financial Examiner
- Financial Manager
- Insurance Underwriter
- Labour Relations Specialist
- Loan Officer
- Management Consultant or Analyst
- Market Research Analyst
- Meeting or Convention Planner
- Personal Financial Advisor
- Purchasing Manager, Buyer, or Purchasing Agent
- Real Estate Appraiser or Assessor
Moreover, people with ENTJ traits can gain employment as following professionals:
- Advertising and Promotions Manager
- Architectural or Engineering Manager
- Compensation or Benefits Manager
- Emergency Management Director
- Lodging Manager
- Property, Real Estate, or Community Association Manager
Here are the top careers in Sales that people with an ENTJ personality type can consider.
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Insurance Sales Agent
- Real Estate Broker or Sales Agent
- Sales Engineer
- Sales Manager
- Sales Representative, Wholesale and Manufacturing
Computer and Information Technology
Furthermore, careers in ENTJ also include the following job profiles:
- Computer and IS Manager
- Computer Network Architect
- Computer or Information Research Scientist
- Computer Programmer
- Computer Systems Analyst
- Database Administrator
- Information Security Analyst
- Network or Computer Systems Administrator
Building and Operation
In addition, key jobs for individuals with ENTJ personalities in the building and operation sector include:
Law and Order
Other careers for an individual with Extraversion, Intuition, Thinking, and Judgment characteristics are as follows:
- Correctional Officer
- Fire Inspector or Investigator
- Police Officer or Detective
- Private Detective or Investigator
- Judge or Hearing Officer
Careers for ENTJs to Avoid
It’s crucial to remember that any personality type can succeed in any field. Some vocations, on the other hand, are well suited to the ENTJs natural skills and preferred work style, whereas others require modes of thinking and behaviour that are not as natural to the ENTJ. Occupations that require the ENTJ to function outside of their natural preferences can be stressful or tiring and thus are generally unappealing to ENTJs looking for a job. Based on data acquired from general population surveys, the following vocations have been determined to be unpopular among ENTJs:
- Medical Assistant
- Teacher’s Aide
- Restaurant Host
- Preschool Teacher
- Home Health Aide
- Medical Records Technician
- Dental Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Food Preparation Worker
- Child Care Provider
- Craft Artist
- Bill Collector
- Data Entry Clerk
ENTJ is one of the most uncommon personality types in the population, especially among women (with INTJ). ENTJs account for 2% of the total population.
Their job satisfaction is 9% greater than the national average across all personality types. ENTJ entrepreneurs are highly enthusiastic about their work. “Do what you love” is standard career advice. For ENTJs, it appears that working is their passion.
These were some of the popular careers for ENTJ personality types. Are you planning to study for an ENTJ-related career abroad? Call our Leverage Edu experts on 1800 57 2000 for end-to-end guidance from application to the visa process.