Does computer software interest you? Are you looking for a course that has a good return on investment? Do you consider yourself a tech-savvy? Then we have got a perfect course for you, that is, Bachelors in Information Technology. In modern times, technology is not only changing the face of education but affecting every sector ranging from software offices to business houses. The use of advanced tools enables organisations to increase productivity in manifold ways. Studying a program in IT definitely boost one’s career into unimaginable ways. Read on this blog to know what can you do with a Bachelor of Information Technology degree.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Bachelor of Information Technology?
- Eligibility Criteria
- Core Subjects
- Top Universities for Bachelor of Information Technology
- Career Paths After Bachelor of InformationTechnology
- Benefits of studying Bachelor of Information Technology
- Average Cost for studying Bachelor of Information Technology Abroad
What is a Bachelor of Information Technology?
Bachelor of Information Technology is an undergraduate degree in which students learn the use of software and computer applications to design, development, implementation, support or management of information systems. Duration of the course may vary from 3-4 years depending on the country and university a student applies for. With continuous changes in technology, companies are in need of people who are equipped with problem-solving skills, creativity and abilities to resolve challenges of day to day life.
Information Technology is a rapidly expanding domain of Computer Science which is readily used by all in day to day life. Every other organisation encompasses IT practises for running efficiently. Therefore, a graduate with an IT degree has a colossal wave of opportunities to build a great career.
Also Read: Information Science Engineering
In order to pursue a Bachelor of Information Technology from a leading educational institute abroad, it is mandatory for applicants to satisfy the pre-set conditions by the varsities. Enlisted below is the eligibility criteria for bachelor’s in IT:
- The first and foremost condition for studying this degree in a foreign university is that the student must have cleared senior high secondary school (10+2) from PCM stream from a recognized board with good marks in academics.
- Non-native speakers of the English language have to appear for language proficiency exams like IELTS/PTE or TOEFL. These scores are required for applying to universities abroad as well as for VISA processes.
- SAT or ACT scores are to be submitted with applications as subject proficiency tests.
Also Read: Information Science and Engineering
Here are some of the important subjects which are a part of the Bachelor of Information Technology curriculum as prescribed by different universities:
|Serial Number||Subjects of Study|
|5.||Algorithm Design and Optimization|
|6.||Communication and Soft Skills|
|8.||Computer Ethics and Cyber Law|
|10.||Digital Electronics Fundamentals|
|11.||Desktop Publishing Tools|
|15.||Fundamentals of Information Technology|
|21.||Programming in C++|
|22.||Programming in C|
|23.||Principles of Management|
Top Universities for Bachelor of Information Technology
If you are someone who has a keen interest in the field of IT and aspires to pursue a career in it then check the list of renowned universities offering Bachelor of Information Technology:
- Stanford University, Santa Clara, US
- University of Oxford, Oxford, UK
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, US
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK
- Princeton University, Princeton, US
- National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore
- Imperial College London, London, UK
- ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland
Also Read: MBA in Information Technology
Career Paths After Bachelor of InformationTechnology
Information Technology sector which influences the working of various sectors and industries, either directly or indirectly. IT departments are a quintessential part of areas such as aviation, healthcare, education, electronic communications, power and manufacturing sector, telecom sector, etc. After completing a Bachelor of Information Technology degree, you may get a job as the following:
- Software Developer
- Data Security Officer
- Web Developer
- Designer Database Manager
- Information Technology Engineer
- Legal Information Specialist
- Information Content Designer
- System Analyst
- Application Programmer
- Information Network Manager
- Quality Analyst
- Hardware & Network Expert
Many students also go for higher education after passing-out with this degree. A postgraduate course with a unique specialization can take your career to places.
Benefits of studying Bachelor of Information Technology
Mentioned below are a few benefits of studying the course bachelor of information technology:
- It serves as a base for higher studies in the same field, such as M.E, PhD and M.Phil in information technology.
- The completion of the above-mentioned degrees will make you eligible for the post of an Associate Professor/ Lecturer in a College or University.
- Any candidate who finishes his/ her Bachelor of Information Technology they will be eligible for various posts in the field of finance, manufacturing, marketing, banking, education, product manufacturing, etc.
Average Cost for studying Bachelor of Information Technology Abroad
The average cost for studying and completing the Bachelor of Information Technology is mentioned below:
|Education Level||Average Cost||Duration|
|Bachelor in Information Technology||Great Britain Pound 13,000||4 years|
|Master’s in Information Technology||Great Britain Pound 13,000||1 year|
Also Read: Msc In Technology
We hope this blog was helpful in resolving your doubts pertaining to the Bachelor of Information Technology. If you are looking for study abroad opportunities to pursue this course, contact Leverage Edu for expert guidance. Our unique AI tool will help you shortlist the best universities and country as per your requirement. Book your free 30-minute counselling session with us!