Does computer software interest you? Are you looking for a course that has a good return on investment? Do you consider yourself tech-savvy? Then we have got a perfect course for you, that is, Bachelor’s in Information Technology. In modern times, technology is not only changing the face of education but affecting every sector ranging from software offices to business houses. The use of advanced tools enables organisations to increase productivity in manifold ways. Studying a program in IT definitely boosts one’s career in unimaginable ways. Read this blog to know what can you do with a Bachelor of Information Technology degree.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Bachelor of Information Technology?
- Benefits of Studying Bachelor of Information Technology
- Skills Required
- Eligibility Criteria
- Subject and Syllabus
- Top Universities for Bachelor of Information Technology
- Top Institutes in India
- Career Prospects
What is a Bachelor of Information Technology?
Bachelor of Information Technology is an undergraduate degree in which students learn the use of software and computer applications to design, develop, implement, support or management of information systems. Duration of the course may vary from 3-4 years depending on the country and university a student applies for. With continuous changes in technology, companies are in need of people who are equipped with problem-solving skills, creativity and abilities to resolve the challenges of day-to-day life.
Information Technology is a rapidly expanding domain of Computer Science which is readily used by all in day-to-day life. Every other organisation encompasses IT practices for running efficiently. Therefore, a graduate with an IT degree has a colossal wave of opportunities to build a great career.
Also Read: Information Science Engineering
Benefits of Studying Bachelor of Information Technology
Mentioned below are a few benefits of studying the course bachelor of information technology:
- It serves as a base for higher studies in the same field, such as M.E, PhD and M.Phil in information technology.
- The completion of the above-mentioned degrees will make you eligible for the post of Associate Professor/ Lecturer in a College or University.
- Any candidate who finishes his/ her Bachelor of Information Technology will be eligible for various posts in the field of finance, manufacturing, marketing, banking, education, product manufacturing, etc.
|Analytical skills||Problem-solving skills|
In order to pursue a Bachelor of Information Technology from a leading educational institute abroad, it is mandatory for applicants to satisfy the pre-set conditions by the varsities. Enlisted below are the eligibility criteria for a bachelor’s in IT:
- The first and foremost condition for studying for this degree in a foreign university is that the student must have cleared senior high secondary school (10+2) from the PCM stream from a recognized board with good marks in academics.
- Non-native speakers of the English language have to appear for language proficiency exams like IELTS/PTE or TOEFL. These scores are required for applying to universities abroad as well as for VISA processes.
- SAT or ACT scores are to be submitted with applications as subject proficiency tests.
Also Read: Information Science and Engineering
Subject and Syllabus
Here are some of the important subjects which are a part of the Bachelor of Information Technology curriculum as prescribed by different universities:
|Serial Number||Subjects of Study|
|5.||Algorithm Design and Optimization|
|6.||Communication and Soft Skills|
|8.||Computer Ethics and Cyber Law|
|10.||Digital Electronics Fundamentals|
|11.||Desktop Publishing Tools|
|15.||Fundamentals of Information Technology|
|21.||Programming in C++|
|22.||Programming in C|
|23.||Principles of Management|
Bachelor of Information Technology Syllabus
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-I|
|Sr. No.||Subjects of Study|
|2||Algorithm Design and Optimization|
|4||Core Java and Advanced Java|
|5||Computer Ethics and Cyber Law|
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-II|
|1||Computer System Architecture|
|2||Computer Graphics and Computer Networking|
|3||Desktop Publishing Tools|
|4||Data Structures through C|
|5||Digital Electronics Fundamentals|
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-III|
|3||Database Management Systems|
|4||Data Mining and Data Communication|
|6||Fundamentals of Information Technology|
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-IV|
|2||Multimedia and NET Technologies|
|3||Management Information Systems|
|5||Principles of Management|
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-V|
|2||Programming in C and C++|
|3||Relational Database Management System (RDBMS)|
|Bachelor of Information Technology Semester-VI|
|1||Software Engineering and Software Testing|
|3||Web Development and Web Technology|
Top Universities for Bachelor of Information Technology
If you are someone who has a keen interest in the field of IT and aspires to pursue a career in it then check the list of renowned universities offering Bachelor of Information Technology:
- Stanford University, Santa Clara, US.
- The University of Oxford, Oxford, UK.
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, US.
- University of Cambridge, Cambridge, UK.
- Princeton University, Princeton, US.
- National University of Singapore, Lower Kent Ridge Road, Singapore.
- Imperial College London, London, UK.
- ETH Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland.
Top Institutes in India
Listed below are some of the top institutes in India that offer Bachelor of Information Technology courses:
|Name of Institute||City|
|St Xaviers College||Mumbai|
|ASM’s College of Science||Pune|
|Lovely Professional University||Jalandhar|
|Indian Academy Degree College||Bangalore|
|Amity University Mumbai||Mumbai|
|Dev Bhoomi Institute of Management Studies||Dehradun|
|Kodaikanal Christian College||Kodaikanal|
|CT Institute of Higher Studies||Jalandhar|
|Arihant Group of Institutes||Pune|
|Garden City University||Bangalore|
|Mahatma Jyoti Rao Phoole University||Jaipur|
|Jai Hind College||Mumbai|
|Amity University, Raipur||Raipur|
|Shri Ramswaroop Memorial University||Lucknow|
|Suryadatta College of Management||Pune|
Also Read: MBA in Information Technology
The Information Technology sector influences the working of various sectors and industries, either directly or indirectly. IT departments are a quintessential part of areas such as aviation, healthcare, education, electronic communications, power and manufacturing sector, telecom sector, etc. After completing a Bachelor of Information Technology degree, you may get a job as the following:
- Software Developer
- Data Security Officer
- Web Developer
- Designer Database Manager
- Information Technology Engineer
- Legal Information Specialist
- Information Content Designer
- System Analyst
- Application Programmer
- Information Network Manager
- Quality Analyst
- Hardware & Network Expert
Many students also go for higher education after passing out with this degree. A postgraduate course with a unique specialization can take your career to places.
Also Read: Msc In Technology
Graduates with a bachelor’s in information technology degree can work in nearly every industry, taking on roles such as database administrator, web computer systems analyst, and computer programmer.
A bachelor’s in information technology prepares graduates to earn a master’s in information technology, computer programming, or a related field. Most master’s programs take 2-4 years to complete.
Most full-time students complete their bachelor’s degree in information technology within four years. However, this timeline varies by factors like credit requirements, transfer credits, and course load. Additionally, some programs offer accelerated timelines that allow students to graduate faster.
We hope this blog was helpful in resolving your doubts pertaining to the Bachelor of Information Technology. If you are looking for study abroad opportunities to pursue this course, contact Leverage Edu for expert guidance. Our unique AI tool will help you shortlist the best universities and countries as per your requirement. Book your free 30-minute counselling session with us!