Many people choose to seek higher education and employment abroad due to the excellent quality of both their education and the lifestyle they can enjoy there. Although there are undoubtedly numerous benefits to stay after education, the factor that most individuals consider to be the most significant is the standard of living in other countries. Having a post-visa work visa makes it simple for the candidates, staying abroad. This would also make it easier for foreign students to apply for permanent residency after completing their higher education in nations like the USA, Canada, Australia, or the UK.
This Blog Includes:
- What is a Post Study Work Visa?
- Benefits of Post Study Work Visa
- Post Study Work Visa: UK
- Post Study Work Visa: Australia
- Post Study Work Visa: USA
- Post Study Work Visa: Canada
- Post Study Work Visa: Germany
- Eligibility Requirements
- Application Process
- Documents Required
Make sure you are aware of the visa requirements and limits for the same country if you believe you might wish to continue living and working there after earning your degree. You may learn more about how long you can stay after graduating, the fees, and the application procedures by reading this guide on post-study work visas in the US, UK, Canada, Australia, and Germany.
What is a Post Study Work Visa?
A PSW visa, often known as the Graduate Route, is a Post-Study Work visa. International students are required to stay in the country to work or look for jobs for a predetermined period of time after completing an undergraduate or master’s degree at an accredited institution. Post study work visa allows one to stay in a country for 2 to 4 years but it depends upon the course of study. However, holders of Hong Kong and British National Overseas passports can stay up to 5 years. The cost of post study visa is AUD 1895.00.
Benefits of Post Study Work Visa
There are several benefits of post-study work visa. Here we have mentioned a few benefits of staying abroad after completing your education:
- Obtain Experience in a Specific Field of Work: A post-study work visa helps international students gain experience in their desired field abroad. This not only adds value to their resume but also prepare them for a competitive global job market.
- Building a new network with industry experts: post-study work visas also give students the opportunity to build professional connections. This will help students to find new job opportunities and mentorship.
- Discover New Culture: Living and working abroad is a wonderful way to learn about a new culture and tradition in a new way of life. This can be a rewarding and also an enriching experience.
- Increase the chances of getting PR: Working in a country for a specific period of time can also open the door for international students to apply for permanent residency. This can be a great way to build a new life in Abroad.
Post Study Work Visa: UK
Graduate route visas are available to foreign students who have successfully completed an undergraduate or a graduate degree in the UK. After graduating, students will be able to stay in the UK for a further two years to work or hunt for employment under this visa. Students with a doctoral degree will be allowed to stay for a period of three years.
|Cost of PSW in UK||£715 and an annual health surcharge of £624|
|Duration of PSW in UK||Up to 2 Year|
|Processing Time||8 weeks|
Types of Post Study Work Visa in UK
Here are the different types of Post Study Work Visas in UK.
- Short-Term Student Visa
- Tier 4 (General) U.K. Student Visa
Post Study Work Visa: Australia
Depending on how long the degree program is for the students, Australia grants a temporary graduate visa that enables graduates of Australian universities to remain in the nation for two to four years to work, study, or in that case, even travel.
Graduates with a bachelor’s or master’s by coursework can complete it in two years for AUD$1,650 in application fees.
|Cost of PSW in Australia||A graduate work stream temporary visa costs AU$ 1650. A graduate visa for a post-study job stream costs AU$ 1650. A graduate visa for skilled workers costs AU$ 405.|
|Duration of PSW in Australia||Maximum of 4 years|
|Processing Time||Between 3 to 4 months|
Types of Post Study Work Visa in Australia
There are different types of Post Study Work Visas in Australia such as:
- Graduate Work Stream Visa
- Post Study Work Stream Visa
Post Study Work Visa: USA
After completing their academic studies, foreign students who wish to work in the United States must obtain a post-study work visa. F-1 visa holders may start working on campus during their first year of studies, subject to some limitations. In the United States, students can only work off campus after one academic year. For F-1 students, there are two options for practical training such as curricular practical training (CPT) and optional practical training (OPT).
CPT must be completed throughout the degree program. After a student graduates, OPT can be pursued for up to 12 months. It must be connected to the student’s course of study or major.
|Cost of PSW in USA||USD 160additional SEVIS fee of USD 350|
|Duration of PSW in USA||24 months after graduation under a US student visa, with an additional 12 months for OPT.|
|Processing Time||90 Days|
Types of Post Study Work Visa in the USA
Here are the different types of Post Study Work Visas in USA.
Must Read: Type of Visa in USA
Post Study Work Visa: Canada
This is a key objective for many overseas students who have access to work options and reside in a nation where they have already spent three to four years. After the studies, work visas and permits become an issue, so it’s important to understand what’s required before making any preparations. Obtaining a PGWP while studying in Canada mainly depends on your course and its length. Typically, under the PGWP that is postgraduate work permit, work permits are granted for the duration of the study programme.
|Cost of PSW in Canada||CAD 255|
|Duration of PSW in Canada||Based on program|
|Processing Time||141 days.|
Types of Post Study Work Visa in Canada
Here are the different types of Post Study Work Visas in Canada.
- The Campus Of Work Permit
- Partner Program and Internship Work Permit
- Postgraduate Work Permit
Must Read: Canada Work Permit
Post Study Work Visa: Germany
After graduating, students who finish their education in Germany are qualified to find employment there. The study duration listed on your German Study Visa is in addition to this time. Students can apply for an extended 18-month Job Seeking Visa, also called a post-study work visa, to locate employment relevant to their studies. In Germany, this additional 18-month period is called a post-study work permit. The candidates are free to work as much as they like and pursue any employment to support themselves throughout these 18 months.
|Cost of PSW in Germany||€80|
|Duration of PSW in Germany||18-month|
|Processing Time||1-3 Month|
Types of Post Study Work Visa in Germany
Here are the different types of Post Study Work Visas in Germany
- German Student Visa
- German Student Visa Applicant
- German Language Course Visa
Must Read: German Visa Interview Questions
In order to be eligible for a PSW visa, the student will have to attain credits/points under the points-based immigration system. Points are awarded in respect of the successful completion of a qualifying course of study in any specific country.
- Hold a valid student visa at the time of their application for a PSW visa from a particular country for a higher education provider on the list of registered sponsors “with a track record of compliance”.
- Have successfully completed their degree at the undergraduate level or above.
- Have stayed in the country for the duration of their study. The only exemptions to this are if the student studied abroad as part of a ‘study abroad’ programme, or was forced to study from home for reasons relating to Covid-19.
- Not have previously been granted the Visa.
- Pass security, identity and criminality checks.
- Pay the application fee and Immigration Health Surcharge.
There are certain instructions that the students are required to follow while filling the application form. They are as follows:
- Before applying for a post-study work visa, a student should first be aware of his/her eligibility such as the following:
- You must complete your full-time degree at a designated university in a particular country.
- Students must meet the requirements for language
- Minimum funds required to support themselves during the tenure of post-study work
- The students should have completed the requirements of essential documents at the time of application for a post-study work visa.
- You can apply for a post-study work visa online or at a visa application centre. Be sure to carefully read all the instructions and submit all the documents.
- Submit The application fee The fee for PSW can vary depending on the type of visa and country.
- If you submit the application for a post-study work visa, you should wait for a decision from the immigration authority.
Here is the list of documents that you need to submit at the time of the application process for a study work visa
- Two application forms, both printed and filled.
- Two current passport-size photographs of the students
- Academic Certificates
- Valid Passport and an address proof
- Employment Agreement.
- Proof of Education
- CV/ Resume
- Cover Letter
- Clean Criminal Record
- Visa Fee Payment Receipt
Must Read: Europe Work Visa
Ans. International students who are granted permission to stay in UK through the Graduate route will be able to work or look for work for two years, or three years for PhD students, after completing their studies. There are no minimum wage criteria and no sponsorship for a visa is necessary, thus the job can be in any industry and at any level.
Ans. In order to take the “IELTS for UKVI” test, candidates for UK visas must sign up at one of the UKVI locations. The IELTS exam is created to satisfy a number of administrative requirements unique to UK Visas and Immigration. The structure of the test and the questions are the same.
Ans. The applicant must be mature, that is, at least 18 years old. The student must have earned a grade of C or U in English in Grade 12 or an equivalent qualification. The students must be proficient enough in the English language.
There are 3 Types of PWSR Visa in Australia such as:
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Post-Study Work Stream.
Temporary Graduate visa (subclass 485) – Graduate Work Stream.
Skilled Recognised Graduate Visa (Subclass 476)
Hopefully, this article will help you get a brief idea about post-study work visas. If you want to know more about visa policies and types of visas in different countries, follow Leverage Edu.