A UK Spouse Visa is a type of visa that allows non-UK nationals to join their partner or spouse in the United Kingdom. This visa category is designed to help couples who wish to live together in the UK. Applying for a UK Spouse visa can be a daunting and complex process. It requires careful preparation and attention, as well as a thorough understanding of the application process and requirements. However, with the right guidance and support, the process can be navigated successfully. In this blog, we will discuss the UK spouse visa its requirements and other important information.
This Blog Includes:
UK Spouse Visa Eligibility
To be eligible for the United Kingdom spouse visa, the applicant must meet certain criteria. The Immigration authorities of the UK have set these requirements which must be fulfilled by both the resident and the applicant. The main condition is that both the applicant and resident must be over 18 years of age. British law does not recognize marriages under 18 years of age. The eligibility criteria for a UK spouse visa are mentioned below:
- The resident spouse must be a British citizen.
- Your civil partnership or marriage must be recognized by the government of the UK.
- Your marriage must be at least two years old when you apply for the visa.
- The financial requirements must be met by the partner living in the UK.
- If both of you are not in a civil partnership, you must show proof that within 6 months you will be entering into a civil partnership.
- If the resident is your fiance you must show proof that you will marry within 6 months.
- The applicant must meet the English language requirements.
- The applicant must not have a criminal record or pose a threat to national security.
Must Read: Spouse Visa Guide for UK, USA, Canada
The applicant must have some important documents when they apply for the UK spouse visa. The list of documents, when you meet with the consular officer, is as follows:
- UK Visa Application Form
- A valid passport and also your previous passports
- Two passport photographs (coloured)
- Proof of English language Requirement
- Proof of relationship(photo of you two together)
- Proof of financial means (UK Resident)
- Certificate of Criminal record
- National Insurance number(If any)
- Proof of paid spouse visa fees
- Proof of Accommodation
- Biometric Information
Must Read: UK Student Visa: Requirements, Cost, Eligibility
UK Spouse Visa Application Process
The application process for a United Kingdom Spouse Visa can be completed online or through a paper application. The process involves the following steps:
- Applicants can apply online and complete the form VAF4A.
- Submit the application form and pay the visa fees.
- Now book your Biometric appointment.
- Attend the appointment and submit all the required documents.
- You will receive the decision on your visa application soon.
Spouse Visa Processing Time and Fees
UK spouse visa processing time is 8 to 12 weeks. It will usually take less than 8 weeks if you apply within the UK online or by post. However, if you are in the UK and you apply for the application by personally visiting the office, you can get the answer regarding your visa within a day.
The visa application fee also depends on the way you apply for the process. If a candidate is applying from outside UK they have to pay £1,464 (INR 1,49,582). However, if the candidate is applying for a United Kingdom spouse visa from the United Kingdom the fee will be different. The visa fees in the UK by post or online will be £993 (INR 1,01,436). The visa application fee will be £1,583 if the candidate applies in the UK in person with premium service.
The eligibility criteria for the UK spouse visa are as follows:
(1) The resident spouse must be a British citizen
(2) Your marriage must be at least two years old when you apply for the visa
(3) The financial requirements must be met by the partner living in the UK
(4) If the resident is your fiance you must show proof that you will marry within 6 months.
It is a type of visa that allows non-UK nationals to join their partner in the UK. The applicant must meet certain requirements to get the United Kingdom spouse visa.
It takes around 8 to 12 weeks after you attended the visa appointment. Keep in mind, take all the required documents with you.
We hope you understand all the requirements for the United Kingdom Spouse Visa. Are you interested in building your educational career in the UK? We at Leverage Edu can provide you with perfect assistance! Call us on 1800572000 and sign up for the free career counselling session with our mentors! Also don’t forget to follow us on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, and Linkedin.