One of the most welcoming countries for people from the whole world for academic and employment opportunities is Canada. It is also known for its welcoming opportunities in different fields. Thus it makes it a very popular destination for people seeking permanent residency in Canada. It includes several added benefits in terms of healthcare, social and even employment opportunities. In this blog, we will have a look at the detailed process of how to apply for permanent residency in Canada, eligibility for PR in Canada, the Application process, and much more. Read this full article to know more about Permanent Resident Visa For Canada.
This Blog Includes:
- Permanent Residency Visa Canada
- How to Apply for a Permanent Residency Visa in Canada
- Benefits of Permanent Residency Visa Canada
- Eligibility for PR In Canada
- Documents Required For Permanent Residency Visa In Canada
- Canada PR Processing Time
- Losing Permanent Residency Visa In Canada
- Canada PR via Express Entry
Permanent Residency Visa Canada
The term “ Permanent residency” means attaining an immigration status that allows individuals to work and live in Canada for an indefinite period without being a citizen of Canada.
The person who wants to attain permanent residency has to first apply for a permanent residency visa in Canada. If he/she successfully attains the visa, they are entitled to a lot of benefits, even if they are not Canadian citizens.
How to Apply for a Permanent Residency Visa in Canada
Having a permanent residency visa is the first step to attaining permanent citizenship in Canada. These are some immigration programs that one can apply for PR in Canada:
- Skilled Immigrants Program (Express Entry)
- Federal Skilled Worker ( FSW)
- Federal Skilled Trades Program ( FST)
- Canadian Experience Class ( CEC)
- Start-up visa ( for applicants who have a business idea and need someone to fund it)
- Investors Entrepreneurs and Self Employed
- Quebec Skilled Workers Program ( QSWP)
- Provincial Nominee Program (PNP)
Also Read: Canada Student Permit Guide 2023
Cost for Canada PR
A Canada PR visa will set you back between 2,500 and 3,000 CAD in total. The price varies according to the quantity of applicants.
- A single candidate costs 2,340 CAD.
- A childless couple will pay 4,680 CAD.
- A couple with a single child must pay 5,285 CAD.
Benefits of Permanent Residency Visa Canada
Once you obtain permanent residency in Canada, some of the benefits that come with it are:
- Healthcare Benefits: When you have a permanent residency in Canada, you have access to essential medical services and even you can get coverage for medical expenses.
- Social Benefits: Other than numerous health benefits, there are some social benefits like retirement pensions, insurance for unemployed people and disability insurance.
- Sponsorship Options: If you have permanent residency, you can also sponsor your family for permanent residency and ask them to join you in Canada.
- Study and Employment Opportunities: When permanent residents want to work and study in Canada, they have access to more opportunities. You can study in government universities and take the benefits of lower tuition fees or scholarships.
Eligibility for PR In Canada
To become eligible for the PR in Canada, you must meet certain criteria. These criteria may also depend on the program you are applying for.
Some of the eligibility requirements to have a permanent residency visa in Canada are:
- 67 points in CRS (Comprehensive Ranking Score)
- Language proficiency
- Report of ECA (Educational Credential Assessment)
- Proof of work experience
- Proof for funds
- Have full-proof identity documents
Documents Required For Permanent Residency Visa In Canada
These are the important documents that you need to have while applying for Permanent Residency Visa in Canada:
- Medical certificate
- Identity proof
- Birth certificate
- Employment proof
- Educational degree certificates
- Bank statement
- Clearance of English proficiency fest (Preferably IELTS)
Canada PR Processing Time
The Canada PR visa typically takes six to eight months to process. The program that you applied under will determine how long it takes to process your application, though. For example, your application will be approved in three to four months if it is submitted under the CEC program.
Losing Permanent Residency Visa In Canada
Unfortunately, some people may lose permanent residency in Canada due to unforeseen circumstances. Sometimes these situations can be avoided, however, sometimes they cannot.
Some of these situations are;
- Become a Canadian citizen
- Become inadmissible to Canada
- Not been in Canada for 730 days in the last 5 years.
- Renounce your Permanent residency status
- Commit any heinous crime
Canada PR via Express Entry
Applicants using the Express Entry program to apply for permanent residence in Canada must pass a points-based selection process. There are essentially three subcategories within the Express Entry System:
- Federal Skilled Trades Program (FSTP)
- Federal Skilled Workers Program (FSWP)
- Canadian Experience Class (CEC)
To get permanent residency in Canada, you need to first apply to the province or territory you want to live in. After the nomination, apply to IRCC for permanent residence and after this, your application is processed.
Most PR in Canada are valid for 5 years. However, in some cases, it is only valid for a year.
Through Express Entry, immigration to Canada can be completed the quickest. Most applications are processed via Express Entry in six months or fewer.
If you are planning to study abroad in countries like the USA, UK, or Canada but are not sure where to start? Get in touch with Leverage Edu experts to kickstart your study abroad journey. Call us at 1800572000 to book your free session today.